Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
how to take legal steps?

tomaz
Novice

Dec 28, 2009, 8:28 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2853 views)
Shortcut
how to take legal steps? Can't Post

my sis bought a 6 weeks old JRT frm a seller thru petfinder. the seller says it has MKA cert n microchip.

then her jrt had a few issues after several weeks.
1) doctor diagnoss it to hav brain problem. this causes it to walk awkwardly.
2) probably due to the brain problem also, it's head is tilted side ways half the time.
3) the jrt ears stands up instead of dropping down like it suppose to.

it makes me wonder whether it's a pure jrt or not. i called the seller n was informed that he was helping his friend to sell the puppy. i demanded to know his friend's name n contact but he refuses to give it to me. i've used the microchip no to check with mka but mka is unable to trace it without the original owner's name.

my sis loves the puppy very much n doesnt care whether is a pure breed jrt or not. but i on the other hand, i just dont wished to be conned.

so r there any steps that i can take to find out whether the jrt is pure breed or not? n also whether it's registered with mka already?

pls help!

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 28, 2009, 10:23 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomaz] how to take legal steps? [In reply to] Can't Post

You got RIPPED OFF/CONNED/CHEATED!!!

ANY breeder who DARES to sell a pup below the age of 8 weeks are id*ot CRAPYARD breeders! And I am pretty sure the person who sold the dog to you IS the breeder but is refusing to tell you the truth because he LIED to you that the puppy is registered with MKA. It's either that or he stole the puppy from somebody & tried to make money out of it by selling them to suckers! Obviously it is NOT registered with MKA because if it was, you can get details of the original breeder from MKA using the microchip number. Did the guy show you any PROOF that the pup has been registered with MKA???

Exactly where did you get the microchip number from? MKA CAN trace the original breeder of the pup & even the person's personal information because if the pup has been microchipped & registered, the breeder's full name, telephone no, house address, IC, etc will be in the computer.

Obviously, there's nothing much that can be done here. It's too late to give the pup back to the person who sold it off to you because he ain't gonna refund your money & no, police ain't gonna help you too especially when it comes to "anjing". All you can do is just let people know about this breeder & advise others NOT to make the same mistake you did.

And PLEASE for goodness sakes, put that poor animal to sleep! SANE dog people will not force these kind of animals to suffer & linger. If you really love the pup, you would put it down. The poor thing has severe brain damage, it must be in a bit of pain or some kind of discomfort & I think it probably inherited it from its parents or someone kicked or struck the little thing on the head & caused the damage. Well, that's what happens when you buy junk-bred dogs from these kind of people. I hope there's a lesson learned here...

Next time, do YOUR RESEARCH 1st before deciding on buying anymore dogs. Look at pictures on the internet of well-bred, quality JRTs from reputable show breeders & compare them with BYBred JRTs. Read online about what kind of breeder to look for & what kind of red flags to watch out for. There are a lot of things you need to learn when getting a new dog. A responsible, reputable breeder will NOT ask a friend to sell their pups for them. They will NOT sell junk-quality pups with defects & diseases. MONEY is NOT their 1st priority!!!

CROOKS will make/sell BYBred crap, SUCKERS will buy them!

You could have EASILY avoided this problem if you bothered to do your research & not buy a dog because it looks, "Awwww shooooooo adowable!" & because the price is cheap.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 28, 2009, 11:07 AM)

tomaz
Novice

Dec 30, 2009, 3:01 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] how to take legal steps? [In reply to] Can't Post

how nice mr goldenaddict, instead of helping me, u went on bombarding me with "You got RIPPED OFF/CONNED/CHEATED!!!" n "You could have EASILY avoided this problem if you bothered to do your research" speech. if u dont know whether i did any research or not, dont claim that i didnt. wat the hell is ur problem!?!?!

u asked me how did i get the microchip number. well it's in the puppy neck, u dumb@ss! as i mentioned, i did check with MKA but MKA claims they also need the original owner's name to verify. there's nothing MKA will do for me.

we did went to view the puppy b4 buying. it seems fine. playful n everything a JRT should look like or behave. it's not like the seller would allow us to do a thorough medical examination or anything. n i believe he is not a BYB as well.

if u r not here to help then shut the f**k up!

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 30, 2009, 8:21 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Tomaz, if you REALLY did your research, you would know that...

1) A good breeder would NOT sell a 2 months too young puppy to anybody. The puppies have not been totally weaned off from breastfeeding at that age.
2) A good breeder will do an extensive interview with 'potential buyers' & check their homes BEFORE selling the puppy to them.
3) A good breeder will WILLINGLY show you any tests that have been done on their dogs & their MKA certificates to prove that their dogs are pure Pedigrees & are very healthy.
4) A good breeder will make sure their dogs win their Championship titles in Conformation and/or Field trials BEFORE breeding them.
5) A good breeder will be MORE than happy to give any advice & talk to you about ANYTHING at all, whether it's regarding about the breed, the dog's health, potty training, stories, whatever. They're not 'fly by night' & will always keep in touch with the new owners.
6) A good breeder, will NOT lie or hide anything from their buyers. Good breeders are HONEST people.
7) Good breeders do NOT ask their friends to sell their puppies for them nor do they sell their puppies through petshops.
8) And last but not least, a good breeder WILL take back a puppy that is genetically faulty & will REPLACE a new healthy puppy or REFUND every cent back to the owner.

Tomaz, do you know why I am being very BLUNT to you? It is because me & a few others in Malaysia are very passionate about the health and wellness of these precious animals. We are DEAD against BYBers & Puppymillers. Whoever breeds junk dogs are only contributing to the problem of homeless animals in shelters & in the streets. Do you have any idea how many neglected & dumped Pedigrees & mutts I have already picked up from the road in my OWN neighborhood?

I absolutely would advice you to walk into a shelter & look at HOW many HUNDREDS of crappy bred dogs are in there. 70% of them come from the streets. The rest of them came from those junk breeders & irresponsible owners. Those who buy junk from those breeders are supporting them. The rescuers are already having such a difficult time rescuing & rehoming those poor animals that have been dumped by crooks & suckers. We are sick & tired of cleaning up people's mess.

Tomaz, I gave you an HONEST answer. Yes, you have been cheated. The guy sold you a genetically faulty pup (brain problems are dangerously serious) & you paid a fortune for it & now it has gone down the drain.

And Tomaz, how am I or anybody in this forum are supposed to help you? You have made the DECISION to buy & bring that puppy home. It is your problem, not ours. You fix it yourself.

Go ahead if you still want to be angry & use foul words at me. I gave you a VERY good advice in my previous reply. Read it again if you missed it & it is totally up to YOU whether or not you want to follow my advice.

Also, please read my post that I posted yesterday in this category. Hopefully you will learn something from that post...
http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

And finally, I will no longer be replying you after this reply. I wish you all the best in everything & I hope no more dogs suffer like your poor puppy is right now...

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 30, 2009, 8:36 PM)

tomaz
Novice

Dec 30, 2009, 10:34 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2757 views)
Shortcut

Research? Here’s my research b4 hand…

1) “good breeder would NOT sell a 2 months”

- Jack Russell Lovers.com; www.jack-russell-lover.com/jack-russell-terrier-puppies.html “By the time they are five weeks old they should be on to solid food”

- The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds & Dog Care by Dr. Peter Larkin, Hermes House Publisher; Rearing Puppies, Page 53: “By six weeks it should be completely weaned”

So u r saying u r right n these experts r wrong?

2) “good breeder will do an extensive interview” – name a few or any breeders in KL that r willing to come to ur house to evaluate n then decide whether they should sell the pups to u or not. Get real pls!

3) “WILLINGLY show you any tests” – wat test? The only medical record r the microchipping, vaccination n deworming. Which breeder will bring all the pups to the vet n do a thorough brain scan b4 selling to buyers?

“MKA certificates to prove that their dogs…” there’s a microchip in the neck of the puppy. Isn’t that good enough prove it’s pure breed? I mean MKA will not simply issue out microchips or any tom, dick n harry, right?

4) “win their Championship titles… BEFORE breeding them” – if that’s the case, then our world will be severe lack of pure breeds. U should know that some breeds hav less potential of winning titles than others. Then wat? We shouldn’t be breeding less good looking n less intelligent breeds becoz the chances of winning is lower? U gotta be kidding.

5) “MORE than happy to give any advice” – the seller was unselfish of giving advise on puppy caring. So nothing wrong with that.

6) “good breeder, will NOT lie or hide anything” – totally agreed. But how do we know? Oh by sitting all of the breeders thru lie detectors? i wish but we cant, we can only rely on our judgments n knowledge.

7) “Good breeders do NOT ask their friends/petshop to sell their puppies” – ok now wat’s illegal about frens n petshop selling puppies for breeders? So now r u claiming that ALL petshops r selling puppies from Bad Breeders/BYBs? R u also claiming that we should boycott all petshops? Sounds illogical to me.

8) “good breeder WILL take back a puppy” – my dear, when we buy a puppy, we intend to love it at all cost. A puppy is not a non-biological thing that u can return. It’s not a dress or an electronic item u know. U of all people should know… if u claim urself to be a dog lover. Else best to label urself as only-healthy-dog lover.

There r many ways going about advising someone in need. But I definitely DO NOT APPRECIATE being blunt at. That is not one would call a proper means of education. I know u mean to give me an honest answer but honest n blunt do not mix well with most ppl.

Your quote: “It is your problem, not ours. You fix it yourself.” Wat’s the point of this forum if all answers r like this?

I have personally walked into shelters b4, in fact when I was in my teenage years, I used to help out in a shelter in JB b4. I have also gotten a couple of my aunts to do adoption in SPCA when they wanted a puppy. So back off!

Thank u for the link. In fact I’ve read it yesterday. The only thing I learnt from it is that every individual has his/her opinion. Nothing more. This is wat I call a point of view.

It’s up to u if u don’t wanna reply. Truthfully, I rather u keep a lid on it since u r of zero help.

(This post was edited by tomaz on Dec 30, 2009, 10:37 PM)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 30, 2009, 11:55 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2752 views)
Shortcut

I know I told you that I was not going to reply you anymore but I feel like I need to after reading your latest reply.

Tomaz, MANY of the things you said in your reply are incorrect & I believe you only did your research just now. As much as I would like to explain to you about all of the wrong things you have said, I am just tired of explaining because you will never understand because you're just too stubborn to listen & learn.

Alright, here are a few Qs that I would like to ask you...

1) You have a problem with you pup isn't it?
2) You are trying to call MKA to find out who the breeder is because you don't know who it is right?
3) You're trying to find out from MKA whether your pup is a Purebred or not right?
4) And you are DEFENDING the breeder that you have never met before & you're having a problem with his product & you are defending him? I don't get it. Can you please explain.

However, since you said I was NO help at all, I am willing to HELP you come forward & help you all the way by calling up MKA for YOU & find out whether the pup has been registered with them or not.

*IF* MKA is unable to trace your number (that's just IMPOSSIBLE because they were the ones who issued the number), we'll let you know what they say. MKA should be able to trace the number plus tell you the IC name of the breeder, telephone no & house address of the breeder PLUS the name of the Vet who implanted the microchip. On YOUR part, just furnish us with the microchip no & if possible the date of birth which is written clearly on your vaccination card. You should be able to do that. If you can't then we know lah where this story is going...

I know MKA VERY well & have been a member since 2005. I KNOW how the whole process works because I have been through it before.

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Dec 31, 2009, 12:18 AM)

tomaz
Novice

Dec 31, 2009, 12:58 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2739 views)
Shortcut

thank u. how sweet of u to help. we should hav just started with that instead of going thru all the blunt conversation.

i prefer to furnish u with the information via email. can u email me at tomegold01@yahoo.com so that i can reply u with the info.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Dec 31, 2009, 8:11 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2720 views)
Shortcut

Case solved. I promised to help & I did. I called MKA & I just only had to furnish the microchip no, all other information including telephone no, name of dog, name of breeder was supplied by them. Now it is up to the owner to take the case up with the breeder.

For Pedigree microchipping queries, etc etc, just call MKA 03-7729 2027.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my