melmel
K9 Maniac

Dec 6, 2009, 9:33 PM

Post #1 of 10 (70036 views)
Shortcut
English Cocker Spaniel 4 Adoption Can't Post

MyAnimalCare Notice Board

Megan, English Cocker Spaniel due to be euthanised

I just received this from an animal-lover. Apparently, a lady is moving to New Zealand and has surrendered her English Cocker Spaniel to PAWS, and the poor dog will be put down on 8th December unless someone adopts her.

Her name is Megan. She is house-trained and has been this family's pet for many years.

If you'd like to adopt Megan, please go to PAWS directly. She only has a few more days to go

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Dec 7, 2009, 11:00 PM

Post #2 of 10 (70016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melmel] English Cocker Spaniel 4 Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Please note that this dog has been it adopted.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Dec 8, 2009, 2:26 AM

Post #3 of 10 (70008 views)
Shortcut

for everyone's information, Megan was never brought into PAWS and no one had ever decided that she was going to be put down in PAWS on 8th December.
This has caused some stir and lots of angry and unnecessary phone calls from adopters to PAWS and some of its volunteers.
Please check with PAWS before posting such msg. Thank you.

melmel
K9 Maniac

Dec 9, 2009, 9:46 PM

Post #4 of 10 (69963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] English Cocker Spaniel 4 Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Gus Gus : ur updates is noted wi thks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MyAnimalCare Notice Board

PAWS' clarification, and our apology

I received a call from a Mr Edward of PAWS, and he clarified that Megan had never been at PAWS at all. I wish to apologise for posting the information, which I had received in an (urgent) email from an animal-lover. She had attached the forum postings about Megan, which I shall now attach below. It is a puppy.com posting and there is no direct link, so I have to cut and paste:

Eng Cocker Spaniel 7yr old - to be Euthanised unless ADOPTED by 8 Dec :( in SUBANG JAYA Quote

URGENTLY looking for a loving family to adopt my 7-8 yr old pure breed English Cocker Spaniel, or she will be EUTHANISED at PAWS on 8 December 09 (my mum has booked her in)

I unexpectedly moved to New Zealand about 6 years ago and my mum has been looking after her, but mum is also coming to NZ soon and she hasn't managed to rehome her, hence her decision to put her to sleep Being so far away, there's nothing much I can do so I'm hoping a kind soul will read this forum thread.

The source I managed to get: www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/foru...iew_collapsed;

It now seems like the above information is untrue (or only half true).

We apologise unreservedly to PAWS for posting the information but hope it understands that it was done with all good intentions to help Megan find a home.

We would also request that in future, if you send us any of such information, kindly check with the source, and give me all the details. Without sufficient details, we cannot put up such information again. It will only create unnecessary problems for everyone involved.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2009, 11:26 PM

Post #5 of 10 (69956 views)
Shortcut

It was totally untrue - there was no half truth. The dog was not ever at Paws nor was there an 8th Dec deadline - except maybe in the deranged mind of the dog's owner. I know there are people who are desperate to get their dogs adopted but to resort to such tactics is unacceptable.

The impact on animal welfare groups and volunteers is unfair when there is misinformation that causes confusion.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Sashan
Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2009, 5:13 PM

Post #6 of 10 (69936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] English Cocker Spaniel 4 Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Euthanised AT PAWS, not BY PAWS. Also the owner mentioned that she is in Subang Jaya.. I don't know, I understood her post that the dog was never at PAWS but would be sent there to be euthanized on the 8th ..

I think if people are upset, they really should be upset at those people who called PAWS to scold them without first reading the post carefully, and checking with the owner... I think its too bad they just jump the gun and assume the worst of an animal shelter, and call to be nasty. I know we are all dog lovers, but that doesn't mean we have to be shelter haters.

PAWS is doing their best, even if the dog is scheduled to be put to sleep, thats how they maintain their population. If you object so much to dogs being put to sleep, why dont YOU go adopt a dog instead of just buying/looking for a pure breed. A lot of animal lovers here seem to complain about shelters and euthanasia, but walk around with a pure breed dog :P
Some may have adopted/rescued them (adopting from a friend doesnt count!) but I think a lot of them also bought the goldens, labs, huskies ...

melmel
K9 Maniac

Dec 10, 2009, 8:51 PM

Post #7 of 10 (69918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] English Cocker Spaniel 4 Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Euthanised AT PAWS, not BY PAWS. Also the owner mentioned that she is in Subang Jaya.. I don't know, I PAWS is doing their best, even if the dog is scheduled to be put to sleep, thats how they maintain their population. If you object so much to dogs being put to sleep, why dont YOU go adopt a dog instead of just buying/looking for a pure breed. A lot of animal lovers here seem to complain about shelters and euthanasia, but walk around with a pure breed dog :P
Some may have adopted/rescued them (adopting from a friend doesnt count!) but I think a lot of them also bought the goldens, labs, huskies ...

Sashan/Sassy

I 2nd ur points, gd statement

cgmich
Novice

Dec 16, 2009, 12:38 PM

Post #8 of 10 (69838 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mel Mel & everyone else,

It's quite a shock to see this here, although I do appreciate your good intentions to help me find Megan a home. The information posted by some users were not accurate and I can see how the whole thing about PAWS blew up. It appears I was badly misquoted from my original post. MY ORIGINAL POST can be found at

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=336223;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dog Rescue and Adoption:
Eng Cocker Spaniel 7yr old - to be Euthanised unless ADOPTED by 8 Dec :( in SUBANG JAYA

Please read MY ORIGINAL POSTS and its threads at the Forum above for AN ACCURATE SCENARIO of what's been going on.

melmel
K9 Maniac

Dec 16, 2009, 10:03 PM

Post #9 of 10 (69823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cgmich] English Cocker Spaniel 4 Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

It's quite a shock to see this here, although I do appreciate your good intentions to help me find Megan a home. The information posted by some users were not accurate and I can see how the whole thing about PAWS blew up. It appears I was badly misquoted from my original post. MY ORIGINAL POST can be found at

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=336223;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Eng Cocker Spaniel 7yr old - to be Euthanised unless ADOPTED by 8 Dec :( in SUBANG JAYA

hi there, MyAnimalCare has made an apology openly on their blog & animal blog & apology 2 PAWS as well, no worry. just tat 1 culprit who cursed me blind idiot sign up as a new user & made tis a big issue. V share ur hapines tat Megan find a new home at last. cheers anyway, v r hapy 4 Megan

cgmich
Novice

Dec 17, 2009, 12:07 AM

Post #10 of 10 (69814 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

hi there, MyAnimalCare has made an apology openly on their blog & animal blog & apology 2 PAWS as well, no worry. just tat 1 culprit who cursed me blind idiot sign up as a new user & made tis a big issue. V share ur hapines tat Megan find a new home at last. cheers anyway, v r hapy 4 Megan Hi Mel Mel, Thanks :) Cheers, Michelle.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my