English Bull Terrier

angsl
New User

Nov 22, 2009, 11:41 PM

Post #1 of 17 (19646 views)
Shortcut
English Bull Terrier Can't Post

Hi all, i'm new here.
I'm looking for Bull Terriers and i've no luck so far.
Does anyone know of any Bull Terrier breeders around?
thank you.

angsl
New User

Nov 25, 2009, 10:21 PM

Post #2 of 17 (19621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angsl] English Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

hi all. i just read a thread regarding introducing oneself.
guess i forgot my manners. anyways, i'm from penang and i'm a bull terrier lover. as mentioned in the previous thread, its so hard getting hold of a bull terrier.
so, nice meeting all of you. thanks.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 1, 2010, 11:28 AM

Post #3 of 17 (19499 views)
Shortcut

Hi angsl,

My name is Jason Lim and I live in Penang too !
I have imported 7 bullies from UK and 1 aussie bitch todate. I'm now arranging to get another dog pup in from UK for my friend.
I currently have 2 males and 3 bitches in my kennel.
I have shown and obtained several Champions for my bullies.
I just joined this site and I am not familiar how it works!
All my bullies are sire by UK champs whose lines are very much sought after.

Frown

angsl
New User

Jan 1, 2010, 10:46 PM

Post #4 of 17 (19494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jason Lim] English Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jason that is awesomeness! :D
Good news for the start of a new year.
Anyways, whereabouts is your kennel if you don't mind me asking.
And oh, Happy New Year.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2010, 3:06 AM

Post #5 of 17 (19486 views)
Shortcut

Hi angsl, Happy New Year to you and all dog lovers !!!
My kennel is located very near the smallest roundabout in Penang. My compound alone is about 5,000 sq ft.
How long are you into Bull Terriers ?
As you very well know there is only a limited number of bullies in the country and very sad to say a large percentage is not of breed standard and are not pure bred pedigree. I have studied and slowly managed to bring in very good top quality bullies from UK which the breed originated from over the past 10 years.
I have another bully lover who lives in KL and he has one of my bitches from UK and I am currently bringing in another dog pup for him. Together we now have very good lines which we hope to bring the standard of bullies in our country to a new high.
We hope to share our bullies with the bully lovers in our country as there are lots of bully lovers who are looking for the breed and they will appreciate the temperament and quality of our stock.
I know that there are lots of bully lovers just like you out there who finds it a dilemma in getting a bull terrier pup in our country so I hope to build a website for my bullies very soon. My aim is to be able to get all the bully lovers together and share the beautiful, strong, loyal, courageous breed which the general public seems to misunderstand.
I have posted up a thread today, 01-01-2010 under English Bull Terrier Breeder in Penang, Malaysia which I hope can gather all the bully lovers together and answer whatever problems and questions they might have.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 2, 2010, 4:00 AM

Post #6 of 17 (19484 views)
Shortcut

Hello Jason Lim,

Welcome to this forum. I am so happy to know that you are into quality Pedigree dogs & quality breeding. There are only a handful of responsible, ethical breeders in Malaysia who are like you. You'll find that MANY infact, 90% of the people in Malaysia & even in this forum make & buy puppymilled junk & even ADVOCATE others to buy junk & it's indeed very sad.

Is that your dog in your avatar picture? I know nothing about Bull Terrier standard but I think that dog is gorgeous & you should DEFINITELY show your dogs in MKA Conformation shows to prove to other people that they are indeed quality dogs & are worthy of being bred. Bull Terriers are actually quite rare in Malaysia & it SHOULD stay that way because once it starts getting too popular, the breed will slowly be destroyed by irresponsible breeders because of the huge demand for them. Look at how many badly bred GRs, GSDs, Poodles & other breeds there are nowadays in Malaysia. That's the result of them becoming OVERLY popular & you really do NOT want that happening to your breed...

I have bred my b*tch with a Ch stud few months back (with the help of our mentor & Vet ofcourse as it was our 1st breeding ever) & they produced a STUNNING male & b*tch who I have named River & Megan. River is the dog in my avatar picture. He's only been to shows twice & has already won BPIG & 2 RCCs. He's also been Obedience trained up to Novice level & can do out-of-sight down-stays. You can watch a video of him showing off what he can do at the age of 3 to 5 months old if you click on my username. The link to the video is right in there.

However, I am planning to not continue this line because I want to start out new & fresh again with better quality dogs & better lines. I'm planning to import a show/breeding-quality b*tch & dog either from America, Australia or Thailand in a few years time.

Happy New Year to you too!!!

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 2, 2010, 4:58 AM)

angsl
New User

Jan 2, 2010, 6:26 AM

Post #7 of 17 (19467 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, i agree with you on how the public seem to misunderstand bullies. They're one of the most affectionate breeds i've come across
I'm pretty new with this breed...say, a year or so. And I'm loving them more and more :)
It's a good thing you're doing with your hopes of educating the public on them.
Say, would it be ok if i were to drop by your kennel to take a peek.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2010, 7:58 AM

Post #8 of 17 (19459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GoldenAddict] English Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Melissa,

So happy to know a person like you too. It's pretty hard to find people of the same wave length and of course even harder to find good people.

I read your profile and am very impressed. You seems to be very talented and if you say you are an artist then you definitely got a keen eye for good dogs. I couldn't agree with you more that humans tend to be greedy and they just think of making money like those puppy mills !
That's why I have kept a very low profile but I got a soft spot when it comes to people who wants to get a bully. The non pedigree bullies are selling for more than 2K and the standard is ridiculous !!! Even those imported by pet shops from Ubez is even worst as they are selling for about 4K to 5K !
I am not knocking their standard but they are stunted dogs with scrawny thin legs. I really pity the buyers.
If I had it my way I would round all those interested in getting bullies to come and have a look at my bullies first before buying any bully. I am not boasting but like you I know my stuff when it comes to bullies.
I have obtained 3 titles for my bullies in our Malaysian ABC shows.
Hope you be very careful too when it comes to importing dogs from abroad as there are also unscrupulous breeders overseas too as I have imported a bully with a heart problem before.
I am definitely going to hold on tight to my bullies and it's not that I am a dictator or snobbish as you understand I do not want the breed to suffer.
I have made myself and my suppliers a promise that I am going to hold and push the breed standard here in M'sia to the max.
I am slowly going to build my bully gang on solid ground. I have gone through 10 years of love, blood, sweat and tears and the fruits of my labour are just beginning to show.
If you ever intend to change breed you are most welcome to join me. We really need good people who are dedicated to the breed.
I have also trained one of my bully and she got the CGC award !
So who says bullies can't be trained !!!
I hope I do not potray myself as being arrogant as I only want to protect my bullies.

By the way may I ask what's K9 Hiking Adventure.
Sorry I am new to site and forum thing as I just happened to stumble into it but am very happy to meet people like you.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 2, 2010, 9:26 AM

Post #9 of 17 (19454 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jason,

If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about the so-called "unique breed" American Bullies right? Don't worry, I am dead against those people breeding mutts for no purpose. Those pits are just pure 100% mutts that are not recognized by any legit clubs & yes, they look like Chihuahuas on steroids. Seriously they do! AB breeders are just breeding them for no good reason at all. They're just doing it as a contest of 'one-up manship' like this breeder breeding a dog with big head so the next breeder breeds a bigger head or this breeder breeding fat hippo-like body & then another breeder breeds a fatter hippo-like body & it goes on & on until the poor animals turn into giant lumps of lard!

Those dogs look seriously unhealthy & right now, AB breeders are breeding genetically unhealthy rare "blue" pits & people are actually buying them because they don't know any better or they don't care. It's just a new fad & a sales gimmick. And yes, I REALLY pity those buyers buying or who have bought them. They have NO idea how unhealthy those dogs are. I have seen some that are seriously bow-legged, front feet pointing east & west, cow-hocked, have breathing problems & lord knows what else. I seriously can go on & on about ABs but I am really sleepy right now & my brain is fried for being on the computer the whole day. LOL!

Jason, ANY dog can be trained regardless of the breed. Even Afghan Hounds, the so-called "least intelligent" breed can be trained. It just depends on how much understanding the handler has with that particular breed/dog & how much effort & patience the person puts in into training that dog. Let me tell you this, you will only find one or two or three breeders including myself in Malaysia, who will breed dogs BOTH for show & performance. I will only purchase & breed dogs that are 'good specimen of the breed' & that includes the natural ability to retrieve because GRs were originally bred to retrieve waterfowls during hunting. I will never breed a dog solely for conformation.

And you're absolutely correct. There are MANY unscrupulous show breeders who are just as bad as BYBers all over the world so it's VERY important to GO to the breeder's place, MEET them & SEE the dogs yourself, etc etc etc before finally deciding to buy that puppy or dog.

There's a link right there in my K9 Hiking post explaining what it is about. Go check it out. It's just a place my Mom & I found to go hiking with the dogs. Hikers hike there every Friday & even camp overnight around the abandoned roundabout.

"Multi BIS (local) GreatGrowkenn Agnes CGC" is ranked #5 (all-breed) in Best Malaysian Bred Dog Of The Year 2010"

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 2, 2010, 9:37 AM)

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2010, 10:55 AM

Post #10 of 17 (19442 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melissa,
I was actually talking about the poor English Bull Terrier specimens that pet shop sells and the price the non pedigree BTs are able to fetch which sad to say the Bully lovers have to choice but to buy from them as they don't know where to get quality pedigree bullies. I don't blame the buyers instead I pity them but I am disgusted with the sellers!
The hiking place you mention looks great and I believe your dogs are enjoying themselves.
Yes I agree with you that all dogs are trainable it's just that some people think bullies are stupid because of their looks.
If you really look closely they are very unique and beautiful. I know the first impression is that 'oh, my god the dog looks so ugly!'
They are actually very funny, loyal and lovable dogs with their short hair they are very easy to maintain and they are super strong and durable dogs !
So sorry forgot to tell you that the picture is one of my bullies sire !
Take care and happy hiking !

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2010, 11:12 AM

Post #11 of 17 (19440 views)
Shortcut

Hi angsl,
Like what I have said to Melissa, if I had it my way I would like to invite all potential bull terrier buyers to have a look at my bullies before they buy the poor specimens they get from pet shops. What I'm trying to say is for them to check and see what is a good specimen before they buy any bully. I don't blame them instead I pity them as they do not know where to look for a good bully and I am really disgusted with the sellers as they know bullies are hard to come by and they simply exploit the buyers. I hope to be able to set up a website asap so that I am able to help bully lovers.
I just changed the pic on the avatar hope you like it .
The pic is the sire of two of my bullies.
Ok please give me a call at 019-4477299 about 4 pm Sunday and see what we can do about you visiting my kennel.

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 2, 2010, 9:47 PM

Post #12 of 17 (19423 views)
Shortcut

Oh...right! I thought you were talking about those ABs because some of them also have scrawny legs. Well, any animals that are being sold in petshops are ALWAYS junk. Most of them buy their animals from puppymills because they're cheap & many BYBers sell their rejects to them. And then after that, they will double or triple the original price to CHEAT their customers. They will convince their customers that they're quality Champion lined dogs & suckers who don't know any better, or are "soft hearted", or who simply don't give a ratsazz about quality will buy them not knowing that they are actually throwing their money down the drain.

To be honest with you, crooks will continue to make/sell junk as long as suckers keep on buying them. It will never stop UNTIL people educate themselves & do their proper research before deciding to 'flash their plastics'.

You know, it would be great if you could post a picture or two of your dogs. I'd love to see what they look like!

And just in case you don't know what an American Bully looks like, just imagine a Chihuahua on steroids mix Hippo & the picture below is what it looks like. Hideous I must say!
http://www.ucadogs.com/images/sol_boy.jpg

(This post was edited by GoldenAddict on Jan 2, 2010, 10:01 PM)

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 3, 2010, 11:37 AM

Post #13 of 17 (19386 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melissa,
ha...ha..ha.. I must say you are very sharp and good at your description !!!
by the way the pic of the dog at my avatar pic is how a coloured bully looks like.
when you want to describe a bully to anybody it's quite simple just tell them it's a white dog with a black eye patch and it's face looks like a sheep and they would immediately go .oohhh..!!! the dog the Babe movie ah..?? or the dog in the beer advertisement ahhh???
Bullies comes in coloureds and whites.
some would go 'the fighting dog ahhh..??
that is what i hate most as yes i agree that they were bred a very long time ago in UK for bull and bear baiting initially and were also used for catching rats and pests but humans also made them to fight with each other. The govt banned dog fighting then bullies were 'gentlemen dogs' as they were then turned into status symbols as gentlemen would love to be seen with a bully next to them. Bullies DO NOT PROVOKE any fight which means to say they DO NOT START any fight but will stand their ground when bullied and will protect their masters/owners with their lives ! That's also why they are called 'gentlemen dogs' General Patton and a few presidents had them.
I hate it when people mistake them for pit bulls !!!
Pit bulls as you know are only bred for fighting and that's their main purpose. I do not hate the dogs but I hate those who uses them to fight. It's a down right cruel sport !! It always boils down to human beings again ! My bullies have superb temperaments and when I show them at MKA ABC Shows, some little kids would come and cuddle and hugged them and they would just either sit down or lay down as gentle as a lamb. It's as if they know kids are very fragile ! I have a few pics taken at the shows of kids hugging and playing with my bullies. Bullies loves kids and I would educate all those that come to see them.

You asked me to post some pics of bullies and as you know I just joined the forum and I would be pleased if you can tell me how to do it. As you know I have also posted a thread entitled English Bull Terrier Breeder on 01-01-2009 and I would love to post the pics under the author Jason Lim (that's my sign in name) so that bully lovers can enjoy them and get to know more about bullies. You are most welcome to ask me any questions under that thread so that more people would know what are English Bull Terriers instead of getting the wrong idea of them being the same as APs!
Attachments: Ch. Emred Devil's Chance.jpg (40.3 KB)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 4, 2010, 3:23 AM

Post #14 of 17 (19352 views)
Shortcut

All "bullies" are generally not people aggressive but they have a strong prey drive & they can be dog aggressive. If the dog is well bred, mentally stable, well brought up, properly socialized & trained from young, bullies can be wonderful dogs. Like you said, they do not attack for no reason unless they are mentally unstable or are provoked to do so.

The reason why bullies have such a bad rep especially APBTs (Pit Bulls for short) is because they can certainly be a dangerous breed. However, the danger is in the ignorance of the owners. Too many owners have Pit Bulls & refuse to believe that they are any different than the 'other' dog they had...that was just left outside or in the backyard, pretty much trained itself, and was never a threat to any one.

However, a Pit Bull MUST be properly Trained and Socialized! I firmly believe that the major problem is with lazy or ignorant owners, more so than with mean owners. IF the Pit Bull is firmly trained to have respect for others, whether animal or human, they can be (and many ARE) wonderful and safe family members.

Anyway, if you would like to post pictures in this forum, just sign up in Photobucket.com, upload pictures & then copy & paste the 'Direct link' in your post. Looking forward to seeing your dogs' pictures!

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2010, 5:13 AM

Post #15 of 17 (19316 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melissa,
2 guys just popped by my place to have a look at my bullies after they called my handphone number which they pick up from our forum and they were more than impressed with my bullies !

I had attached a pic of one of my bullies sire in my earlier reply to you and have attach a pic of one of my bully when he is a 3 mth old pup which I think looks quite cute and chubby in this post just in case the links provided below does not work ha.ha..ha..

I have copy and paste the links to some pics of my bullies famous sire and grandparents below, hope it works !

i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Jasonlim/Q2mthspose.jpg
i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Jasonlim/Nicksdadawards.gif
i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Jasonlim/ChBullbritLittleBigHornatBullyview-.jpg
i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Jasonlim/ChDancingPrinceright.jpg
i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Jasonlim/MactheWhiteLion3mths.jpg
Attachments: Mac the White Lion 3 mths.JPG (39.3 KB)

GoldenAddict
Canine Addict

Jan 8, 2010, 1:15 AM

Post #16 of 17 (19269 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for posting a pic of one of your dogs! He sure was adorable! I would absolutely LOVE to drop by your place some day to check out your dogs. I might go to Penang one of these days & if I do, I will let you know & then we can meet up.

Jason Lim
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2010, 6:20 AM

Post #17 of 17 (19256 views)
Shortcut

Happy you like the pic !
You are most welcome to visit !
Looking forward to it.
Take care .

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my