Transporting dog back to Malaysia!

Sher_pix
Novice

Nov 12, 2009, 1:56 PM

Post #1 of 11 (6484 views)
Shortcut
Transporting dog back to Malaysia! Can't Post

Dear all,

I am new in this site and I hope to seek some advice in regards to transporting my dog back from London to KL.
Does anyone have any experiences or knowledge which you can share as I am rather at lost and worried.

My dog is a 5months old West Highland Terrier.

I am planning to bring her back with me in Mid Jan as I would be going back for good by then!

Many thanks in advance!:)

loafer
Dog Kichi

Dec 11, 2009, 9:44 PM

Post #2 of 11 (6356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sher_pix] Transporting dog back to Malaysia! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sher,

I brought back my Jack Russell from Australia many years ago when I left Melbourne.

Can't really remember the steps involved but what I did in Australia was I employed the services of a good pet exporter. They basically did everything that was necessary to ensure my JRT was fit for travel. If there are pet exporters in UK who provide these services do check with them the procedures that are required in the UK which I'm sure they will be able to advise you.

You'll need to obtain a valid import license in Malaysia from the Department of Veterinary Services. Here's the link where you can find all the information you'll need. www.dvs.gov.my/haiwankesayangan

UK isn't in the quarantine list so your pet should be released immediately upon arrival once you've completed all the necessary procedures.

Good luck :)

Join the JRT Zone

weikianng
Novice

Dec 29, 2009, 6:08 PM

Post #3 of 11 (6249 views)
Shortcut

I do have a contact. I am actually currently using his service to transport my Miniature Schnauzer to UK from Malaysia. Let me know if you want his contact.

Sher_pix
Novice

Jan 15, 2010, 5:03 PM

Post #4 of 11 (6117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] Transporting dog back to Malaysia! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

Sorry for the really late reply, haven't been checking this forum for awhile and am surprised that there are actually replies!:D

thanks for the information but my friend and i ended up arranging everything ourselves from permit applications, vet check ups, sending her to the airport and everything else. My dog departed 2 days ago and is now safe back in Malaysia. We ended up not using any agents because of the high quoted prices and since the procedures aren't that difficult, we just gave it a shot.

Well, it was quite an experience. Wasn't easy at all and I seriously don't wish to do it all over again:)
I'm just really glad that my dog is safe back home

Sher_pix
Novice

Jan 15, 2010, 5:05 PM

Post #5 of 11 (6115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weikianng] Transporting dog back to Malaysia! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the late reply. I actually haven't check back on this forum since i posted the question. Thanks for the reply and the share of contact. My dog is actually safe and sound back in Malaysia already:)

You are bringing your dog from Malaysia to UK? cool:)

weikianng
Novice

Jan 16, 2010, 3:28 AM

Post #6 of 11 (6093 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, just got him here.
Cool

Sher_pix
Novice

Jan 16, 2010, 5:40 AM

Post #7 of 11 (6082 views)
Shortcut

nice.. which part of UK are you in? did they quarantine your dog?

weikianng
Novice

Jan 19, 2010, 2:19 PM

Post #8 of 11 (6023 views)
Shortcut

I am in Newcastle. He finished the "6 months" waiting before coming, so no quarantine was required. You are back to Malaysia for long?

Sher_pix
Novice

Jan 19, 2010, 5:28 PM

Post #9 of 11 (6011 views)
Shortcut

Oh.. are you studying or staying here long-term? Yeah I am leaving the UK for good tomorrow, hence why I sent my dog back as well:)

Good.. so he's doing okay? It's nice here in the UK, you can actually bring your dog out for walks in the park and on public transport, things like that which is something you obviously cannot do in Malaysia. I am sure your dog would enjoy it here.

weikianng
Novice

Jan 29, 2010, 7:15 AM

Post #10 of 11 (5874 views)
Shortcut

Haha, yeah. Hope he enjoys it here. I am studying here. But am hoping to settle down, if the situation allows. Yeah, the great part is we can bring dogs almost everywhere we want.

Hope you have a good year ahead!

joycetnsaj
New User

Apr 21, 2010, 12:32 AM

Post #11 of 11 (5045 views)
Shortcut

Hi, puppy.com has a service to export and import dog. You can email them to get a quote. I have export my dog from KL to Melbourne through another agent in SS15 Subang Jaya but he is a very rude agent so I would not recommend.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my