Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Disposal of dog poo

leekamloong
New User

Aug 6, 2009, 5:59 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1732 views)
Shortcut
Disposal of dog poo Can't Post

Hi. I recently encountered a problem from a new neighbour. She complained that my dog poo is clogging up the front drain and causing stagnant water & breeding mosquitoes. Can dog poo clog up the drain? I (and I believe, many others, too) have been flushing dog poo down the drain for years and so far no problems. The stagnation of water, I believe, is due to the renovation debris left behind underneath their entrance culvert slab which is blocking the flow of water. Would appreciate advice on this. Thanks.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 6, 2009, 7:11 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leekamloong] Disposal of dog poo [In reply to] Can't Post

yes... the reason of the clogged drain is the debris inside... and when the poo couldn't get thru, of course it will cause a huge stench... what you could do is to pick up the poo and throw it into a specified rubbish bin outside the house... that's what i do... you have to be responsible for all you do in regarding your doggie...

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2009, 10:37 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1615 views)
Shortcut

Its etremely unethical to throw or just wash it down the drain .

You could flush it down the toilet or throw it in the manhole.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 14, 2009, 11:37 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1608 views)
Shortcut

yes, pick up dog poo with newspaper and placed it in a plastic bag. Tied it, and throw in the garbage.Never, ever, flush it down the drain...sure, will bau busuk...whether the water stagnant or not. Its just not hygiene....i will be mad, if i am your neighbour.

leekamloong
New User

Aug 15, 2009, 12:16 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Disposal of dog poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, thanks for all your comments. I am currently disposing of the dog poop in a plastic bag and thrown into the refuse chamber. Only drawback is, now my refuse chamber stinks Frown

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Aug 17, 2009, 7:26 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1570 views)
Shortcut

why throw in the refuse chamber? just throw it into the rubbish bin out side your house after you have tied it properly... just prepare a bin and place it at your car porch, and dispose off with all your other disposals to the bin outside when the rubbish truck comes to collect...

Justinktw
Novice

Aug 23, 2009, 10:00 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Disposal of dog poo [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i usually pick up my dogs' poo with tissue and flush it. it's easy haha

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my