Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious?

naviblue
Novice

Jul 8, 2009, 9:40 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3531 views)
Shortcut
When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? Can't Post

When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? Edit | Quote | Reply
Hello allSmile I am new here, and I am glad to have join this forum as it has gaven me lots of precious informations, especially informations on rottweilers.

My rottweiler 'Handsome' has been with us for the past 7 months. He just past his 1 yr old birthday 2 days ago Till now, he is not as fierce as what I have heard of about rottweilers. When strangers stand outside the gate, he just simply 'gong gong' look at them without a sound. When a cat walk pass him, he's not interested to take a look at it. When the birdies are eating up his food, he doesn't bother to chase them away. Best of it is, he bite nobody except ME(althought he is just playing with me)

Is he still too young to be fierce?

Can it be trained to be ferocious?

If I were to keep 2 rotteweiler in a same compound, will they fight?

Need him to be fierce/ferocious coz of the poor security at the area where I am putting up (Taman Century, JB). Too many housebreaking every now and then.

k9groom
Novice

Jul 9, 2009, 4:36 AM

Post #2 of 7 (3509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naviblue] When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? [In reply to] Can't Post

A fierce, aggresive, ferocious dog is the worst guard dog to have. Countless people having the impression that a guard dog must be aggresive end up having their dog biting, injuring or killing someone. A dog must never taught to be ferocious, as an aggresive dog is just a time bomb waiting to go off. What if the dog got loose? What if a small child happen to wander towards the dog? What if the dog one day in any case, have to change owners?
Police dogs, army dogs, are never aggresive dogs, yet they make extremely good guard dogs. Whether or not a dog can guard a house, or in fact do anything at all, is how it is taught. Send your dog for training. There's a type of training that specializes on teaching your dog to become very effective guard and protecting dog without making it aggresive

naviblue
Novice

Jul 15, 2009, 7:59 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [k9groom] When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you very much for your kind advise, will look into what you have suggested :)

wing0112
Dog Kichi

Sep 17, 2009, 3:29 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naviblue] When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? [In reply to] Can't Post

i also duno why ppl 1 2 have fierce dog? my fren neighbour have 4 rottie which is damm fierce.. and guess what... the neighbour always have to pay medical and compensation fees to the stranger that get bitten....

if they dog are too fierce to be live.. they will be put down to sleep... so i guess trainning school is better... i knew some1 with gsd ex police k9... the dog is not fierce..but is always on alert when stranger approaching and also when stranger talk to the owner... according to the owner if the stranger happen to create harm to the owner.. it will jump out from the 6ft gate to protect the owner...

this is more better right.....

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 18, 2009, 3:42 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3175 views)
Shortcut

What you want is a "watch dog" not a "guard dog". Training can only go so far. Aggression, drive etc are bred and not just because it is a Rottie it is likely to be fierce. You did not pick the right pup from the litter or the breeder has pick the wrong pup for you.

zhoey_lu
Novice

Sep 18, 2009, 6:27 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? [In reply to] Can't Post

My friend also got Rotty. Very fierce dog but one day also turn round and bite him. Ended up in hospital with 40 stitches and lost a lot of blood. Dogs that bite strangers also capable of biting its owner. Beware.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 19, 2009, 5:33 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zhoey_lu] When will my rottweiler turn fierce/ferocious? [In reply to] Can't Post

The issue is, you must know your breed, a rottie is a guard/watch dog, if you are not close to the dog it may not consider you someone he is guarding so if you make certain threats it may snap and bite. Find out about a breed before you buy it. Please note, here I am giving this particular dog a benefit of a doubt why it bites it's owner.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my