Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
OMG ! My little girl came period

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jun 8, 2009, 4:19 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2592 views)
Shortcut
OMG ! My little girl came period Can't Post

Will there be possibilities that 7 months puppy came period ? i did asked some advice from friend who given this puppy to me and according to my friend, the puppy mother also had the same condition too.Is this normal ?

What shall i do now ?

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2009, 4:27 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] OMG ! My little girl came period [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes its normal, they normally come on heat around that age, plus minus 1-2 months. Keep her indoors unless you want a batch of puppies, then spay her in a week or 2 when the heat is over

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jun 8, 2009, 4:38 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] OMG ! My little girl came period [In reply to] Can't Post

hmn.....you mean the period will last for 1-2 months ? But, usually i will bering her out to the park after finish her meal time ? is it ok with that if i bring her to the park for poo...

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2009, 5:06 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2582 views)
Shortcut

No haha. I meant the age, usually comes around 6 months, plus minus. The heat will last a week or so, you can bring her for poo, but you have to keep her on leash and keep the male dogs away, can be a bit annoying. I think the time when she is ready to mate is usually near the end of it, when the spotting ends. Then you must NOT let her out of your house, otherwise ...

You should ask your vet when you can spay her :)

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jun 8, 2009, 5:16 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] OMG ! My little girl came period [In reply to] Can't Post

oic...haha..Thanks for your info.In fact, it is a bit annoying that her blood dropping everywhere on the floor. But, fortunately, it is only a very small drop.i was so worry dunno what shall i do on her in this few days... Anywhere, thank you Smile

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2009, 5:09 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2566 views)
Shortcut

is normal..some even has it at 6 months old..dun panic..juz go to some shop to get baby pampers..one packet got 20 oni 7 ringgit plus..no need to but dog one coz the disposable pad (1) cost 14.90..change two/three times per day..before changing wash the butt cleaning with soap..wait till u dries up (during this time.better put ur dog in cage)oni change the new one..check it every hour juz in case ur dog pee or pooped inside..(like mine)Crazy

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jun 10, 2009, 5:32 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] OMG ! My little girl came period [In reply to] Can't Post

How long will it take during this period ? some said only for 3-4 days but some say 1-2 weeks time.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2009, 8:43 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2534 views)
Shortcut

mine is 1 week..around 10 days..it depends la..some longer n soem shorter

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Jun 12, 2009, 6:14 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] OMG ! My little girl came period [In reply to] Can't Post

does your puppy ever got swollen on that area..i mean the pee areaBlush ? Mine one seem like getting red or rashes like that.

does it seem normal ar ?

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 15, 2009, 1:56 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2490 views)
Shortcut

ya..tat 'part' is a bit bigger than normal..never touch tat part when she was having period unless u wanna wash it..coz dog will bite..they r a bit fierce on tat time..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my