IN

Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009

Admin

May 27, 2009, 4:47 PM

Post #1 of 25 (93739 views)
Shortcut
Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 Can't Post

The Malaysia Dog Day, 2009 will be held on 28 June, 2009 at Chin Woo Stadium, Kuala Lumpur. For the first time, the event will be held in an indoor stadium, fully air conditioned and a spectator seating capacity of more than 1,000 people. This day is also dedicated to all dogs, irregardless of breeds and their owners, a chance to get-together for a fun filled day of competitions, socializing, exchanging ideas and lots of sniffing.

Puppy.com.my would like to take this opportunity to extend our invites to all dog lovers and their friends in Malaysia to come and join the event. We have meticulously put together a series of activities this time, in order to keep all dogs, dog owners & families and friends entertained.

Date : June 28th , 2009
Venue :
Chin Woo Stadium, Kuala Lumpur
Time :
10:00am - 6:00pm
Admission :
Free
Open to : All dogs lovers. Owner of Mixed Breeds and Pure Breeds dog and their dogs , their Family , are welcome.

The Malaysia Dog Day 2009 is proudly sponsor by

Highlights

• Free Door Gifts for the first 500 visitors register on site.
  • 6 Doggie Challenges
  • Games Trivia - Plenty of Games Trivia to challenge your knowledge in Dog Ownership
  • Purina Puppycom Agility Trial
  • Purina Puppycom Dog Obedience Trial NEW

• �Me & My Pooch� Amateur Photography Competition - Read More >>NEW
  • Kids Coloring Competition - Read More >> NEW

• Police K9 Unit Demonstration.

• SPCA and PAWS
    SPCA Selangor and PAWS will setup booths to promote Dog Adoption Drive on the Malaysia Dog Day 2009. You will also get a chance to donate directly to both Animal Shelters on the same day.

• Micro-chipping of Dogs
    Dog Micro-chipping Services will be available on the Malaysia Dog Day. A Qualified and Registered VET will be there to help you with questions on Dog Micro-chipping and Chip Implantation.

• Lucky Draws - There will be plenty of Lucky Draws on the day where you stand to win many doggie products

• Doggie Products' Booth
    There will be several commercial offering various dog related products on that day.
    Dog Socialization
    The Malaysia Dog Day is expected to be attended by many dog owners and their dogs and hence it present a good opportunity for dog owners to socialize their dogs on that day.

More information at www.puppy.com.my/k9day/

(This post was edited by Admin on Jun 18, 2009, 4:58 PM)

PSY
K9 Kaki

May 29, 2009, 5:25 AM

Post #2 of 25 (93651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Admin] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

Just like to know why the Pre-Novice & Novice Trail cannot be done in the morning... say 9 and push the fun and games to 12:30 & 2:00. The reason I ask this is because the Ob is much more serious thing than "tail wagging and the likes.

Aurillia
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2009, 1:29 AM

Post #3 of 25 (93209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Admin] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

Why the same day as Standard Chartered Marathon? It gonna be bad traffic in town.

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2009, 5:52 AM

Post #4 of 25 (93198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aurillia] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah i think so... but SC Run not run around Chin Woo area.

i take part for SC Run... then need to rush back n bring my furkid to this event also. hehe

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2009, 10:41 PM

Post #5 of 25 (93022 views)
Shortcut
Bad Location - Chin Woo Stadium [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they should move back to Central Park. One Utama.

The new location is too small and crowded.

1- Area is too small

2- Congested traffic and lack of parking

3- No picnic area

4- Floor is not suitable for competition, especially for big dogs

Please bring the "sunshine" back to Malaysia Dog Day!!!!!!!! Outdoor lah!!!!!

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 29, 2009, 11:30 AM

Post #6 of 25 (92990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] Bad Location - Chin Woo Stadium [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you. I went to the event and was so so disappointed. I missed BU. Chin Woo was way too small. Super crowded, no space to walk. My dogs were almost trampled by humans and dogs. I only stayed for 30 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. My dogs couldn't socialize properly. What a pity. I just wonder why not BU.... it was such a disappointing day. Parking was bad, floor was bad, space was bad....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2009, 8:43 PM

Post #7 of 25 (92969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Bad Location - Chin Woo Stadium [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha Ha! I predicted days before the event, that's why I went there alone without my Doberman. Just drop by to chit chat with few dog lovers and left......

The place is good for dog show but definately not for dogs gathering!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SUNSHINE (ONE U - CENTRAL PARK)!!!!!!!!

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 29, 2009, 9:15 PM

Post #8 of 25 (92966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] Bad Location - Chin Woo Stadium [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree pretty bad place and worst of all very bad time management. Ob competition only started at 6.15pm and i think it ended near 10pm. Too crazy. My dogs were very tired and moody.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jun 30, 2009, 4:07 AM

Post #9 of 25 (92941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Bad Location - Chin Woo Stadium [In reply to] Can't Post

both me n pacco can't stand the wait any longer.. so we give up on the trial... wasted my RM30 Unsure

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

pflakes
Novice

Jun 30, 2009, 3:38 PM

Post #10 of 25 (92899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Bad Location - Chin Woo Stadium [In reply to] Can't Post

Place is small and too slippery for agility competition and other games. I see the hesitation of dogs jumping even the Police K9. It was a roller coster feel and it is not safe for both human and dog. If the scouts are there, why dont they helped out to spray and clean the place? All kind of dog treats and biscuits lying on the floor from previous games and the place is stunk of pee. And it is unbearable with dogs barking non stop in a confined area with echoes..(open environment is better)

My Shadow smells and stunk of pee and he sleeps like a log once we hit the road back home. Too mentally tired and distracted to wait for 6 hours for the competition. And yeah, please honour the rules and do not change it last minutes. It is a laughing stock..

diadialee
New User

Jun 30, 2009, 10:02 PM

Post #11 of 25 (92882 views)
Shortcut

Well this is my first time to join the event, the area is ok ok. The most thing that i hate is some of the owner' dog does not clean up their Dogs poo so Disgusting..... some more is near the booth which we buy dog's Accessories, waste of plastic that the puppy.com distribute...

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jul 1, 2009, 5:19 AM

Post #12 of 25 (92846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diadialee] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

ya..smell so pee-ful..too small..no parking..need to walk 'uphill'..but the booth was great..things were nice n cheap..inside too small..carpet place cannot let dogs in..so crowded la..central park better la..got pond somemore..

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2009, 6:04 AM

Post #13 of 25 (92841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

yes... lot owner not pick up the poo. i stepped n kicked few poo. ish ish
they provide plastic? but just use my own one.

they should allow furkid go to carpet area too. so the entrance wouldnt so pack.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jul 1, 2009, 6:08 PM

Post #14 of 25 (92815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

hey u own the bernese mountain dog izzit?ya..especially the stairs there..soo pee-ful..poo i dunno..i got chase out by the scout coz i bring my dog in there carpet place..Crazy

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2009, 9:33 PM

Post #15 of 25 (92798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

yes BMD owner. yeah alot of pees there also. my noti son licked those pee (either too thirsty or female urine) lolz FrownFrown

(This post was edited by wahthye on Jul 1, 2009, 9:35 PM)

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jul 2, 2009, 6:02 AM

Post #16 of 25 (92763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

wa..ur dog soo handsome oh..i like the thick fur..my dad says he wonder how u bath it coz need to wait for the fur to dry..haha..the tail so nice!one wag will 'brush' my poodle's face..haha!ur dog so chun!!r u oso the one who bring ur dog to IKANO for training?

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Jul 3, 2009, 3:38 AM

Post #17 of 25 (92718 views)
Shortcut

yes i like his thick fur also but sometimes pity my dog.. is too hot for him.Frown

yes my dog train at ikano. hehe

i need 2 hours (sunny day) to bath n dry him. after tht, im tired a whole day. Frown

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jul 3, 2009, 5:06 AM

Post #18 of 25 (92715 views)
Shortcut

2hrs?wa..my dog bathing+drying oni30minutes..she's poodle..but botak..so r u going to the mid valley's show?hope to see u there!Tongue

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Jul 3, 2009, 6:04 AM

Post #19 of 25 (92707 views)
Shortcut

wah! envy only 30min Frown

2hours (not including trim paw fur and cut the nail) is consider fast. sometimes i also a bit lazy. tot get another one or 2 dog.... a bit scare when come to shower time. Frown

yes wili go to MV this Saturday

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jul 4, 2009, 6:19 AM

Post #20 of 25 (92619 views)
Shortcut

Whee!hope to see ur doggie 2morrow!trimming ah..i dun do myself coz my dog will turns crazy when i try to trim her paws..normally let petshop do..very cheap..rm15 oni..trimming paws/stomach/butt/mouth n cleaning ears..hv a try la..if i were u i crazy edi..2 hrs..cannot tahan la..

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Jul 4, 2009, 5:21 PM

Post #21 of 25 (92598 views)
Shortcut

hehe wht to do if im not do it by my own... outside will cost me RM80 for one time basic grooming. cant afford to send it every week. Frown

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jul 5, 2009, 5:48 AM

Post #22 of 25 (92569 views)
Shortcut

ya lor..i oso dun understand y ppl send their dog to bath every week..y can they juz buy a bottle of shamppo n bath themselves?one bottle at least can last for a month n is cheap too...bathing so expensive!

chrissooho
New User

Aug 30, 2009, 5:03 PM

Post #23 of 25 (90527 views)
Shortcut

Hi. New to this site. Have 7 year old Maltese male. Would like to know events and how to link to Maltese forum or network. Can some one help. Thanks

In Reply To

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Sep 5, 2009, 9:42 PM

Post #24 of 25 (90385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrissooho] Malaysia Dog Day, Chin Woo Stadium, June 28, 2009 [In reply to] Can't Post

link..dunno oh..copy n paste la..n remember to leave pp.com's link there oso..i thinks tats the onli way to do it..btw..welcome to puppy.com!Laugh

Aerith
Novice

Apr 13, 2011, 6:43 PM

Post #25 of 25 (66159 views)
Shortcut

Will there be another Malaysia Dog Day for 2011 ?Sly Would be nice to have another dog gathering with other dog lovers out there

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my