Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Dalmation guide

LgGuyz
New User

May 25, 2009, 11:19 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1893 views)
Shortcut
Dalmation guide Can't Post

Bros.... I just adopted a dalmation puppy(2 month old) from friend and just notice dalmation dog having problem with deafness. I start to worry and try to make sound to attract him but look like he nvr get scare or notice. Even during it sleep time. Izzit too young? Any better way for me to confirm besides to clinic. It very lovely and playful. :( pls help...

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 25, 2009, 11:51 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LgGuyz] Dalmation guide [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo, before panicking, just consider that you only just adopted the puppy... he doesn't know you and doesn't realize you are calling him. Just go to him and call his name, or hold food call his name, he will get the idea soon once he is used to you

Peenut
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2010, 8:18 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LgGuyz] Dalmation guide [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously, didn't you do your background check on the puppy's parents, grandparents and other ancestry?

And even IF your puppy is deaf, would that be a crime? Why are you so worried?

Dalmatians are incredibly smart dogs. I have one. Even though her hearing is fine for now, I have trained her to follow and understand sign language as well, just in case. And guess what! She is absolutely amazing.

When I put up 1 finger, she knows that is sit. I put up my whole hand, that's down. If I point in a particular direction, she knows to go there. If treat or a chew toy is in the line of direction that I have pointed out to her, she will know to pick it up and bring it back to me. To me, she is like a human. Body language, sign language are an integral part to a healthy relationship.

She is amazing and what's even more impressive is that without noticing it, all my other dogs and even my cat have picked up on the teachings too. So, it isn't just dalmatians who are sleek beautiful creatures, they all are.

At this point, if you fear for your dog's hearing and are disappointed that she/he is not "perfect", then you don't deserve to have a puppy as great as what you have.

Imagine you were deaf, how would YOU want others to treat you?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my