Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
My dog is very very sick. Help.

KellyC
New User

May 17, 2009, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1678 views)
Shortcut
My dog is very very sick. Help. Can't Post

Loss of appetite for 3 weeks, brought 2 vet, had some injection and syrup.still not getting any better. off to vet again.this time high temperature of 39.7 degree celcius. Doc gave another jap and some anti pyretic capsule yesterday.this morning started vomitting greenish frothy vomitus(few times already), very weak looking, refused food totally,only sips of water, lost weight tremendously.i have never seen my dog like this before.it's freaking me out,i'm so afraid of losing her. what's wrong with her? Pls help. What can i do?

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

May 18, 2009, 6:18 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KellyC] My dog is very very sick. Help. [In reply to] Can't Post

did the vet mention wat kind of desease izzit?izzit parvo virus?if ur dog doesnt eat..u try to give him so meat like boiled chicken..give him something which has lot of protein like cheese/milk..muz force him to eat..last time my dog oso like thing..pluss 6 times bloody diarrhea everyday..one weak edi..then we brough her to the vet..afetr some having some medicine n injection n she recovered..see..most of the dog who kena parvo virus passed away..but my dog survived..so dun give up n remember to pray for it..!Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 18, 2009, 10:56 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1663 views)
Shortcut

which vet do u go to? where are u located?

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

vostro73
New User

May 22, 2009, 6:51 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] My dog is very very sick. Help. [In reply to] Can't Post

Best not to give milk ya, will cause diarrhea and indigestion. Imagine yourself drink milk when you have fever.

KellyC
New User

May 28, 2009, 8:37 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1545 views)
Shortcut

Thx to everyone's concern My dearie Hana is fully recovered now. The 1st 2 days she still vomitted greenish fluid and froth but turned slightly better on the 3rd day. I fed her glucose drink every few hours to restore her energy. It worked, she was able to walk around the house and played with her favorite teddy bear. On the 4th day i made her some boiled chicken, she manage to eat a small portion and I tried giving her some kibbles and she ate it without complaint! She has stopped eating kibbles long ago as she prefers canned food. I'm so glad she's willing to take kibbles cuz i think it's the best diet for a dog. And now *phew* i can lay back n relax...my Hana is back to her old self....

Thx for all your advice. very helpful to me

KellyC
New User

May 28, 2009, 8:43 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] My dog is very very sick. Help. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
which vet do u go to? where are u located?

I always bring her to Dr. Yeoh Oon Tatt in Batu Lanchang, Penang.

Dr. Yeoh said it's only some infection in the intestine, not parvo disease, besides, my dog doesn't has diarrhea but constipation instead haha so i'm sure it's not parvo virus.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my