Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Help ! skin problem again....

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

May 10, 2009, 4:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4867 views)
Shortcut
Help ! skin problem again.... Can't Post

recently i have notice my 5 months mix breed of Lab whole body has a red spot, but when re spot turn into dried black flaky wound. i was wondering is it a tick , fleas or parasite ? Has anyone have any photo / pic for me to see it ?However, my puppy look active as usual.

shchiam1978
Novice

Aug 16, 2009, 7:10 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] Help ! skin problem again.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, better bring the pup to see doc and get to the route cause of it.
It may be parasite or just heat.
Doc would be able to give better advice.
cheers.
Hugo is lovely and naughty

angela_ong
Novice

Aug 31, 2009, 8:55 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stephanie.Lee] Help ! skin problem again.... [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog had similar problems b4 where his skin itch, has pimples, fur shed,,,,then turn black.

our vet gave him medicines to eat tat can only provide temporary relief and no cure. Remember not to take strong medicines such as steroids, and not to feed dog food with lamb as it causes heat and then rashes or pimples.

We gave up on the vet's method and turn to more natural way to heal it. We stop all medication/pills provided by vet. Instead i bath him with organic shampoo, gave him coconut water to drink, yogurt and white carrot soup.

If the skin causes by fungus or mites, i used a really good product b4 on a dog i rescued from the street where her whole back is black like mites or something. This product is really cheap but extremely effective. I can't remember it's name...it's a small tube of cream (yellow cream), a product from india. I bought it for around RM9 from Petsmore, Kepong Carrefour branch, i believe they have it at all other branches. It's also effective when i apply it on their rashes or pimples.

Hope it helpsWink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my