Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
This Breaks my heart- abandoned dog

shapeshifter

Apr 25, 2009, 8:20 AM

Post #1 of 3 (975 views)
Shortcut
This Breaks my heart- abandoned dog Can't Post

Hi guys,

I don't know if this belongs under this topic, so I do apologise if it doesn't belong here.
Had a very heart-breaking encounter about 10pm tonight.

I got home rather late from work, and went to feed my dogs. When I went to the back of my house to feed my 2 girls, I heard them barking quite a bit, but since it is pretty normal for the young one to get excited and playful during dinner, I didn't think much of it.

However, she was acting a little strange, so I went outside to check.

Imagine my shock when I saw a sweet little silky terrier outside my gate!

He was just wagging his tail but he stayed when I called- since I was really afraid he would've fallen into the drain, I kept calling out to him.

I got my dad to call my 2 dogs, while my mum & I went outside to have a closer look at him. He's obviously house trained, and able to sit and shake paws!

Poor fella was so thirsty, and covered in ticks. It was horrible. Thinking it was one of the neighbours dogs who just went wandering, we took a leash and took him walking.

Asked the lady at the end of the next road (she's got few dogs, a very big dog lover just like me), and she felt so bad, said no it wasn't hers, but she did see someone throw him out earlier in the afternoon, some lady driving a Proton Wira, but before she could run out and ask her, the lady sped off.

My neighbour couldn't take him in, and she already has 5 small dogs, so she just kept an eye on him all day.

I was so angry when I heard someone had the heart to chuck a dog like that! How ridiculous can you be, and you must have a heart of stone, or none at all, to be able to do that!

My dad's friend who lives on the next road, and who also loves dogs, was kinda enough to take the lil fella in for the night and will be taking him to the vet for a check up and do perhaps get advice on how to get rid of his VERY VERY BAD ticks.

I think they'll keep him, since he's such a polite little dog, and he seems to like people.

But I cannot help but curse the lady who threw him out.

Does anyone have any advice, on what to do? Like specific stuff we can ask the vet etc etc?

My dad's friend said he'll give the poor dog a good bath tomorrow, sicne he was pretty scruffy, and his fur was slightly matted.
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 25, 2009, 5:30 PM

Post #2 of 3 (967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shapeshifter] This Breaks my heart- abandoned dog [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Shapeshifter,

Firstly, u did a great job by attended to the sweet lil poor fella.... Sum ppl might juz chase it away from their hse... Im crazy dogs lovers too and i damn hate those ppls tht treat the lil voiceless creatures cruelly, abused them, abondoned them, starved them etc.... Those ppl truly doesnt deserve the love of the lil creatures... Their undying love which have no limit...

Many thks to ur dad's fren who willing to take the lil fella in even he's full of ticks... Hope tht he wil keep the lil fella n be his new owner so tht the lil fella can have a second chance to live a gud life... If the lil fella weren;t taken in, he might be ended in the pounds and might be soon put to sleep as well...

Please keep us all updates on tis poor fella... We're pround of u.....
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

shapeshifter

Apr 25, 2009, 8:24 PM

Post #3 of 3 (962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Janz] This Breaks my heart- abandoned dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, lucky my dad's friend and his wife love dogs, and their Japanese Spitz passed away few years back due to old age.

That dog got in a car accident one day when it was young, coz the cheeky fella somehow found a hole in the gate or something, and only used 3 legs till the end of his life. I remember when he met with that accident everyone was so sad. Beautiful, good-natured boy loved him to bits. :)

My parents went over this morn to have a look at the little dog, and they say he's doing better; was extremely happy to see them, and he even ate a bit of food (I gave them some biscuits from my fur kid's stash).

The uncle came over to ask me if I had any of the tick shampoo left, since my neighbours dogs had ticks and I was damn paranoid my dogs would kena, so I had bought some a while back.

I think they're gonna keep him la, which is good, at least he'll have a good home and people who love him. Wink
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my