Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
offLeash

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2009, 10:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1086 views)
Shortcut
offLeash Can't Post

this make me sick of my area. last time complained about the poo poo. worst is my opposite neighbour (said he own 3 Goldens, but i never c the dog at all). ok fine... then i pick up the poo everytime my dog done the job. actually is other dogs poo around. then he blame on me not pick it up... helo~ im not the only dog owner in this garden and im not a poo poo picker in the garden!!! Mad

then today... tht b***h complain said im off leash my dog. yeah maybe my dog is a bit big size. but he very well trained n obedient. he not dare to go far also. if go out walk, he always beside me.

few others neighbours who r dog owner is so envy wt my dog coz he still beside me eventho i didnt use leash. some neighbour even ask their little kid come out to play wt my dog when im pass by their gate. n i wonder y some just the other way round... complained my dog might attack her kid. i lagi worry her kid attack my dog.

got one time, an indian guy walked wt his GS... and his dog is barking n look so fierce to me n my dog. make me pengsan is.... he worry my dog attack his dog... walau eh~ my dog is so friendly face n not even bother to bark if i didnt give command to bark. maybe he tot my dog is Rottweiler coz black color.

issit wrong to off-leash them when go out to walk? aiya... i know leash them is the best, but i will prefer walk without leash wt him. easier for me. Frown

isaac
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2009, 10:55 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] offLeash [In reply to] Can't Post

wahthye,

Just my opinion, it is your fault that you off leash your dog in public. Do it at home or a place where you are sure there is no one. There are lots of issues that you must be aware of. Your dog might be friendly but what about others? if your dog go too near to a leash dog and get bitten , whose fault is that? It is your fault because you should not let your dog go near others. If your dog chase or injured others pet cat , who is at fault? I think you get what i mean.

I got a real case scenarios. My GSD is on leash and as you know some stupid ppl decided to offleash their dog and come make friend with my dog. I told him to leash his dog but he say it is ok. His dog approach too fast and got knocked the hell out of him. And the owner still want to blame me. If he willing to take the risk, then live with it. So my conclusion is if you dont want anything bad to happen always leash your dog.

cheers

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Apr 23, 2009, 4:02 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isaac] offLeash [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah maybe a prob if im offleash. so yesterday i just let him go out to walk around 8pm... no kids play around n no ppl walk around. but realized few dog owners brought their furkid go out to walk too n without pick up the poo poo. ish

fyi... i do not allow others dog near my dog at all.also my dog do not dare to go near others dog, coz he know wht will happen to him after that.

and i never allow him to go near anyone except tht person come near me.

isaac
Dog Kichi

Apr 23, 2009, 9:33 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1055 views)
Shortcut

what if other ppl also off leash their dog? and the dog bite your dog because you cannot GRAB your dog away fast enough. always think defensive.

protect your dog by expecting all possibilities.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 24, 2009, 3:36 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1047 views)
Shortcut

Most municipal bye-laws in Malaysia stipulate that dogs must be on-leash in public areas. So if anything untoward happens, you can still be held liable even though your dog wasn't the one that provoked an attack. If you want your dog to go off-leash, you need to do it in a safe area away from potential sources of trouble.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my