GSD Male or Female

ks1186
New User

Apr 12, 2009, 5:10 AM

Post #1 of 5 (910 views)
Shortcut
GSD Male or Female Can't Post

Hi,

I have decided to get a GSD. Before this I was not sure of GR or GSD. My son now ok with GSD. I took him to breeder place and let him play with it for a while.

Now my dilemma is to get a male or female?

Can someone here help out.

Thanks

isaac
Dog Kichi

Apr 12, 2009, 8:49 AM

Post #2 of 5 (906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ks1186] GSD Male or Female [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

for me, i prefer female. i find that they are more attentive to your command and very dependent on you. they bond better with you. the problem with female is the heat cycle twice a year. if you look past that, then you are ok. during heat cycle you have to pay extra attention in case any strays outside that might sneak into your compound for a quickie. male look better because of the size and masculinity. on general, males will be bigger than female. tht is only my opinion . post some pics soon.

ks1186
New User

Apr 12, 2009, 10:15 PM

Post #3 of 5 (902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isaac] GSD Male or Female [In reply to] Can't Post

I was told that once you spay the female GSD (or rather any female dog), the dog will be fat and lazy. They are not active anymore. Can someone here confirm this believe ? I don't mind a female if after spay, evertything is still same as before.

ks1186
New User

Apr 28, 2009, 5:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (847 views)
Shortcut

Hi my GSD just came to my home. A 4 month GSD by the name of Jasper. Currently he is doing fine. My son is playing with him everyday until he is totally exhausted, I mean both of them. One good this thing aboutr Jasper is he don't pooh or pee in his cage. Once let go he will do his business. Now housebreaking him.

Taking him for a screen with the vets this evening.

bunnyy
New User

May 3, 2009, 9:42 AM

Post #5 of 5 (798 views)
Shortcut

I just bought a female GSD

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my