Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Growing puppy just eat dog food for 2 times per day is enough??

alisonytt
Novice

Apr 10, 2009, 11:42 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Growing puppy just eat dog food for 2 times per day is enough?? Can't Post

Hi, Everyone. I just bought a 4 months Golden Retriever named Chloe. I don't have any experience for Dog and Chloe is my 1st dog. I would like to know should I give her some milk? And the pet shop just suggest us to feed her 2 times per day with dog food, is it enough for a growing puppy? Cuz i read some book stated growing puppy should eat 3-4 times per day.

Stephanie.Lee
Novice

Apr 22, 2009, 9:31 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alisonytt] Growing puppy just eat dog food for 2 times per day is enough?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, i have adopted a mix breed of Labrador.when the time i adopt my puppy she's only 1 month. i given her milk to drink, and right now she already 5 months.I feed her twice a day morning and evening only.i heard from pet shop some said feed puppy twice a day and some do say feed 3 times a day. Well, to my opinion is that the portion that you feed is just pretty enough for your puppy size.

Probably you can do some research on the internet for your info to take care of a puppy.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Apr 23, 2009, 5:10 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alisonytt] Growing puppy just eat dog food for 2 times per day is enough?? [In reply to] Can't Post

young pups should be fed at least 5 times a day or more. just look at how they drink the milk from the mom. they have no fixed amount, sometimes even more. but due to our schedule, the puppy is forced to adapt, though might be bad for their health. it's advisable to try to have them fed more times, and slowly reducing the amount to 2 times a day as they grow older. slowly, but surely they will get used to it. this is applicable to young pups only, say 1month ish etc. as they get older, u can reduce the times fed by 1 per month. that's a rough estimate so when it reaches 4 months, it "should" be ok to be fed 2 times a day. but this is also dependent on your pup. some pups just eats way too much much for their own good. so you'll need to monitor their food intake. yes they should be given all they can consume so that they'll grow up big and healthy, but being overweight and under-developed bones, isn't called healthy. it'll stress their joints and cause pre-mature wear

funfun9388
Novice

May 22, 2009, 10:44 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1529 views)
Shortcut

halo, give me a chance to talk. i think your dog just only eat 2 times in 1 day is enought. 1 time

maybe 100 grams( puppy food ). after 6 months change the puppy food to adult food.

if the dog poo-poo out the shit like liquid , then u have to cut the food volume. the

most important thing u must give multi vitamin or multi mineral to your dog.

view my blog, www.godspeedkurt.blogspot.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my