neighbour being very unreasonable

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

phurryice
Novice

Apr 3, 2009, 5:51 AM

Post #1 of 47 (3705 views)
Shortcut
neighbour being very unreasonable Can't Post

I recently got myself two puppies and I keep them outside at the porch for them so the can roam around. the older pup knows where her toilet is,which is near the drain hole but not the younger one does not so we keep the latter in a new cage most of the time to train her.

However, the neighbor who is Chinese has a thing against the dogs. He has done so many things in order to get rid of my dogs because they are apparently 'smelly' beings.

I bathe my pups twice a week and wash the outside daily. Since i am a student I would only get to do this in the evenings. But I still get it done nonetheless!

This neightbor has rudely shouted at us, called the MBMB to take away the dogs ( we made their license immediately) and even complained to the land lord to have us evicted!

This really concerns me as I've heard many stories on how bad neighbors throw poisonous things to other's dog to kill it, permanently removing it.

Any advice? =(

(This post was edited by phurryice on Apr 3, 2009, 5:56 AM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 3, 2009, 7:40 PM

Post #2 of 47 (3685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phurryice] neighbour being very unreasonable [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i'm sorry that u hv such unreasonable people as neighbours... which area do u stay at?

my advise is, keep the pups indoors becoz u r right, the next thing this neighbour of yours could do is poison the pups...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

phurryice
Novice

Apr 3, 2009, 10:10 PM

Post #3 of 47 (3677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] neighbour being very unreasonable [In reply to] Can't Post

I live in Taman Kerjasama, Melaka. It's in Bukit Beruang. The thing is, this neighbor does not realize the entire street ( well, almost) keeps dogs to guard their houses as it is also a student populated area ( my University campus is near by) and many thieves break in to steal valuables, targeting the students.

I keep my pups because I love them and not primarily for guarding purposes tho the younger pup is a rottie/gsd cross.

Keeping them indoors crossed my mind and I will do it since they will need 2nd vaccination soon and have to be indoors anyway but for how long? How long must i keep them indoors? They hate it, they will whine to be let outside.

The entire street keeps dogs and their neighbors can tolerate it. Just because we are students our neighbor discriminates us. It really worries me on their future.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 3, 2009, 10:34 PM

Post #4 of 47 (3671 views)
Shortcut

i have friends who keep their big dogs indoors with no problem... u just have to bring them out for walks to work off their extra energy... u can still let them outdoors in the front yard when u're home so u can supervise them... all the best... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Janz
Dog Kichi

Apr 4, 2009, 1:24 AM

Post #5 of 47 (3663 views)
Shortcut

Pls b EXTRA careful n alert for not allowing them to eat any other food unless its provided by u... Hope those 2 puppies wil b save n sound...
Frown Regards from Smarty (In Luving Memory) & Maxter Frown

k9taught
Novice

Apr 4, 2009, 5:55 AM

Post #6 of 47 (3651 views)
Shortcut

you did the right thing, dont worry things will be better in the near future..... Frown
BEST OF THE BEST!!!

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 4, 2009, 7:19 AM

Post #7 of 47 (3640 views)
Shortcut

So sorry to see your posting, in terms of smell, it is very subjective. Do hope you are feeding them reasonably good keebles plus if you wipe them down daily with a damp towel and then dry them off, they should be fine, however if the smell is from their business then nothing much can be done. All one hopes is when their house get burgled your dogs are smart enough just to watch and not bark would be great. All the best.

phurryice
Novice

Apr 4, 2009, 11:13 AM

Post #8 of 47 (3624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] neighbour being very unreasonable [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you all for the kind words :)

As for their diet, I do not think it is their kibble that is causing the ( by the neighbor's abnormal standard) smell. Just for the record, my pups take Eukanuba puppy food. However I do not believe it is the their food intake as dog poo smell relatively the same. Admittingly, of course they stink!

This neighbor is far too particular for his own good.

I will seriously consider whiping the pups on a daily basis or as frequently as I can. I just want to prevent mishaps such as dog poisoning from happening.

=(

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 5, 2009, 2:56 AM

Post #9 of 47 (3597 views)
Shortcut

Hmm, change the food

phurryice
Novice

Apr 5, 2009, 3:18 AM

Post #10 of 47 (3593 views)
Shortcut

change the food? what food would you recommend that will not be smelly? i'm willing to try anything.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 6, 2009, 2:46 AM

Post #11 of 47 (3561 views)
Shortcut

Not nice to do it here, PM me at

phurryice
Novice

Apr 6, 2009, 4:51 AM

Post #12 of 47 (3552 views)
Shortcut

email? :)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 6, 2009, 7:09 AM

Post #13 of 47 (3546 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, they deleted it, e-mail me at liteweimer @ yahoo .com

phurryice
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 3:19 AM

Post #14 of 47 (3514 views)
Shortcut

Sad news everyone. What I have been worrying about has happened. Today I came back from class at 3pm I noticed my older pup Roxy unusually queit by the corner. There was vomit everywhere and she did not greet me like how she usually does; with joy and excitement. I suspected she was unwell.

With my housemates we took her to the vet and the vet tested her for virus infection, which she is free from. Finally the vet suspected she had been rat poisoned due to the bloody stool. It was not bacterial infection as Roxy does not scavenge rubbish or eat her own poo.

The porch is also clean, with the exception of Roxy's toilet which she only visits when she needs to go.

My unreasonable neighbor has now upgraded into dog killer. There is no other way poison could make its way into my house with it being thrown into. NO WONDER this morning that uncle was lurking in front of the gate as though he was searching for something.

Roxy is now home and I am to feed her antibiotics and diarrhea oral medication for the time being. Just watching her motionless breaks our hearts. She is such a lovable pup, I cannot believe they would do such a thing.

sigh

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009, 5:02 PM

Post #15 of 47 (3493 views)
Shortcut

What a a******!!! Keep your dog hydrated, try to give her water regularly in small amounts. May be better to leave her at the hospital for drips if she cant keep fluids down. I feel so sorry for you and your dogs :( Feel like poisoning your neighbour.

Try to keep your dogs in the house. Usually when dogs are older they won't mess the house, they can hold their pee until you get home. Then will relieve themselves when you let them out and where you can supervise them. Hope all goes well with you

phurryice
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 5:08 PM

Post #16 of 47 (3491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] neighbour being very unreasonable [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your kind words.

I just let Roxy out for her toilet break and prepared her medication. when i came out to see her toilet, she pooed bloody stool. I am so worried now, is this expected even after vet visit? She seems more active this morning as compared to yesterday.

I really am freaked out. Should I return to the vet?

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009, 5:19 PM

Post #17 of 47 (3489 views)
Shortcut

Well, dont think that the problem is going to clear up immediately. But if the blood is looking fresh (reddish) should consider bringing them back to the vet. Which vet are you going to btw?

phurryice
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 5:23 PM

Post #18 of 47 (3487 views)
Shortcut

Since I currently stay at Bukit Beruang, Melaka, I take her to maju Animal Clinic at Batu Berendam.

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009, 5:27 PM

Post #19 of 47 (3485 views)
Shortcut

Yeaaa but I have no faith in that dr. Had a lousy xp with them. Have they improved since they opened? I usually go to Dr Jeya in Semabok and Vally vet. They know when to give emergency treatment to the dog.
What did the Maju vets do for your dog? Cuz seriously, when my dog had bloody diarrhea they told me to go to pharmacy and buy anti diarrhea pills. Dr Jeya told me that if the dog hadnt been eating/drinking for a few days, should have been put on IV to rehydrate. (he was away for that day thats why I went to Maju)

phurryice
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 5:31 PM

Post #20 of 47 (3482 views)
Shortcut

seriously? i've heard of vally but since I am a student i and not a local here i have no idea how to get there. i read online the best treatment for rat poison is Vitamin K. I dont know if the vet did give Roxy that however he did inject her with something but I am going to go buy some later over the counter at pharmacy since its the same treatment for humans too.

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009, 5:37 PM

Post #21 of 47 (3480 views)
Shortcut

Well to go to Vally is not very hard. Dr Jeya you need to call to make appointment cuz he can be outstation or in SPCA.

To go to Vally, from B.Bruang, you head to Jusco. But don't turn into the shortcut that goes to JJ. Go until the traffic light. (jusco on the left).

Turn right, until the traffic light. There turn left (you will be heading to B.Baru). Go until the end of the street. Turn LEFT at the traffic light. Then you turn right at the shoplots, and go all the way straight thru the kampung. At the traffic light go straight. Then just follow the road straight until the crossroad (Left is Semabok, straight goes thru the graveyard then to Ujong Pasir/Mahkota).

Turn RIGHT. You will pass Tan Cheng Hock hotel/factory thing, Vally is a little bit past that on your right. Its not too far from B. Beruang. Just got to turn a bit

(This post was edited by Sashan on Apr 7, 2009, 5:38 PM)

Ho Lee Mee
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 6:07 PM

Post #22 of 47 (3469 views)
Shortcut

I am so very sorry to read about what had happened. My prayers go out to you and your dog.
Do consider making a police report about this matter if you haven't already. Your neighbour will not stop his dirty tactics when Roxy gets well. I know the police would not do much but at least there is recourse for you if he strikes again and let him know that you have make one.
All the best and hope that Roxy makes it through.

phurryice
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 8:31 PM

Post #23 of 47 (3457 views)
Shortcut

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the detailed directions! I am pretty sure I would get lost without them! lol. I'll definitely pay Vally a visit if not today, tonight! Thank you so much again!

phurryice
Novice

Apr 7, 2009, 8:35 PM

Post #24 of 47 (3456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ho Lee Mee] neighbour being very unreasonable [In reply to] Can't Post

ya so many have encouraged me to report this matter. when I think about it, you are right. he will probably make a second attempt to finish the job once Roxy gets well, perhaps targeting Nikki instead. I will head over to the police station, and warn the other dog lover neighbors about this incident.

to think that this neigbor once shouted at us that "you people are students, for sure you kenot jaga the dog, probably will kill it some day" is such an irony.

Sashan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009, 8:47 PM

Post #25 of 47 (3452 views)
Shortcut

Vally phone number is 06 2849918. Good luck

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my