Home: Breed Specific: Working Group:
crossbreed of rottweiler and gsd

phurryice
Novice

Mar 30, 2009, 8:47 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1142 views)
Shortcut
crossbreed of rottweiler and gsd Can't Post

My 2month 2weeks puppy, Nikki, is a crossbreed of two working dogs and I a little worried about how she will turn out to be.

Her coat is all rottie but her muzzle is gsd long. Her ears, are confusingly funny. The vet even thought I had a doberman pinscher with cropped ears! her tail is short but Im guessing it follows the rottie genes. It is uncut, and is growing as she does.

Nikki is also slim figured, though she is a big eater. She is pretty sociable for a rottie cross breed but she doesn't take training too well.

Any idea how I should raise her? GSD training or Rottweiler training? best part is, everybody thinks she is a doberman pinscher at first glance.

Some friendly advice would be very much appreciated :)Smile

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2009, 11:28 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phurryice] crossbreed of rottweiler and gsd [In reply to] Can't Post

Very interesting. A crossed rottie & gsd that looking like a doberman? Could u show us photo?

Any different between gsd and rottie training? I am not sure. but i guess basic obedience training should be given 1st.

I can imagine that...look like doberman. Are your dog a good runner and hyper-active? Doberman is a very fast runner.

If a doberman is chasing u, my advice, dont run at all (save your energy for later use) because you can not out run a doberman.......let the dog bite u and fight your way out from there (now u can use all your energy)......hahaha

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

phurryice
Novice

Mar 31, 2009, 5:27 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] crossbreed of rottweiler and gsd [In reply to] Can't Post

yes she is hyper active and bounces up and down whenever she sees me or my boyf. she's very fast too, once she got off her leash by mistake it took us quite a while to catch her. luckily she responds to her name so she did approach us eventually.

she is not big boned and rather thin, but the vet said her weight is fine and she is healthy.

I rarely get good shots of her since she would never sit still for a photo so here is one of her, all tired after her "heel" training.

:)
Attachments: DSC02015.JPG (38.8 KB)

nikemax
Novice

Apr 1, 2009, 4:19 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1093 views)
Shortcut

i cant wait any longer how this tranformed Doberman will looks like in future. But from her pup look, more tendency towards a GS. nice breed

phurryice
Novice

Apr 2, 2009, 1:05 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nikemax] crossbreed of rottweiler and gsd [In reply to] Can't Post

you think she's more towards gsd? hehe I don't mind what she turns out to look like, as long as she grows big and healthy :)

one thing though, she is just very stubborn on pooping elsewhere besides the spot in the middle of the porch, which is quite unsightly.

any tips? she doesnt have a bad temper but has a very short attention span! :P

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 2, 2009, 4:30 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1073 views)
Shortcut

Hi, do not be too concern about the breed as a mix breed is a mongrel and to go further on this thought so is a doberman. Cannot comment on GSD or Rotties but dobermans came into being in the 1800's after numerous mixing of breeds. Just train your pup as any normal pup keeping in mind that all puppies/dogs are dumb, deaf and stupid... so you will be more patient in teaching it. To clarify, dumb because it cannot talk, deaf as it cannot response and stupid because it has incling what you are expecting of it.

Your approach will be easier in your training.

Have fun.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my