Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
hello I'm new

phurryice
Novice

Mar 15, 2009, 2:47 AM

Post #1 of 5 (585 views)
Shortcut
hello I'm new Can't Post

Hi, i'm new here. My name is Crystal and I own two puppies; Roxy is a 3 month old mongrel whom everyone nicknames The Princess for obvious reasons, and Nikki is my 2 month old rottweiler mix german shepherd pup who is very very naughty :)Frown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 17, 2009, 7:11 PM

Post #2 of 5 (547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phurryice] hello I'm new [In reply to] Can't Post

hi welcome to the forum,

i see u've already made a few postings...

did u adopt roxy and nikki? tell us more how u found them... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

phurryice
Novice

Mar 17, 2009, 7:32 PM

Post #3 of 5 (544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] hello I'm new [In reply to] Can't Post

I adopted Roxy from a friend who was migrating to China, and she was quite shy the first night she arrived at my place. Thing is we got her when she was barely 2 months old and her previous owner did not really name her so she did not respond much to us at first.

But, soon she recognized her name Roxy when I make it a point to call her name every morning before I leave for classes or come for a visit.

Now she even responds to the name Princess! :P

As for Nikki I got her from a friend from Sunway early march as he could not keep her when he already has a doberman and NIkki being mixbreed of a rottie and gsd they cnnot get along.

Nikki is still learning where to pee and poop so it gets frustrating sometimes with her. But she's very very intelligent as she understands commands like sit and stay during her first 3 days with me.

But she is stubborn about where her toilet should be! haha. Other than that, she gets along with Roxy well as Roxy is nothing but a gentle girl who wouldnt hurt a fly :)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 17, 2009, 7:43 PM

Post #4 of 5 (541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phurryice] hello I'm new [In reply to] Can't Post

great to know u took in 2 puppies into ur home... both roxy n nikki should be very happy to hv each other to play with... Cool

abt the toilet training, be patient... some puppies learn very quickly while some take longer to know where to pee poo... the thing is to be consistent in ur training n show them where u want them to do their business in the morning when they woke up, after makan, after play time... i read somewhere that if a puppy is not sleeping or playing, then it's potty time! haha... so this should be an indication for u to take them to the spot to pee poo when u see 'signs' they wan to do their business... Wink

also do consider spaying both of them when they reach 6 mths of age, for health reasons as well as to avoid unwanted pregnancy... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

phurryice
Novice

Mar 18, 2009, 12:52 AM

Post #5 of 5 (531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] hello I'm new [In reply to] Can't Post

oh thank you for the spaying information! I was wondering how old should they both be for me to send them for spaying! :P As I am still a student I cannot afford if either one or BOTH of them conceive hehe

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my