OH MY GOD!!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 6:07 PM

Post #26 of 38 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree with you. Some ppl just treat their dogs like it's some material to parade around. I know ppl who buy expensive dogs and brag about how expensive the dog is la, champion blood la, eat this food la, eat this vitamin la....bla bla bla Worst is when they start to compare their dog to MY dog!! "what do u feed ur dog ah? your dog got eat this tablet or not? What shampoo you use ah?"

And funny thing is when I reply them, they don't like it cause it seems like a 'threat' to them. Then they will just tell me "your dog not pedigree and got no cert, what for u treat so nicely???!"

but the person forgets that the "Expensive dog" sleeps in a cage, doesn't even know how to 'sit' when asked, pees everywhere, not allowed to enter the house and all this because the owner has no time to even train the dog or take care of it.

Like a prized possession - take it out when u need to show. Otherwise, keep it on the shelf to look pretty. It was always remain as that - a possession. That's sad.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 7:33 PM

Post #27 of 38 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah Michelle, I never caged Jaz since the first day she was brought back home.. I don't like to cage them at all!!! I recently bought a carrier for Jaz just for the sake of it was required to have one if you plan to bring your dog to competition. Even so, we use the carrier to keep all her toy and she's always walking around (but on leash) of course... So when I get to my friend's place, I will quickly set Lucy free and play with her try to let her recognize her name first and then maybe teach her how to sit and stay.. but I find Shih Tzu are pretty clumsy Crazy and rather soft... can't really make them sit!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 8:14 PM

Post #28 of 38 (1354 views)
Shortcut

Both my dogs have never been caged too. They do have a cage, only to go in for awhile when the washer lady comes to wash the porch...to make sure they don't have a good time catching the bubbles and playing with water Crazy

hahaha....as for the Shih Tzu must ask all the Shih Tzu mummy and daddies here and see how they train. I know cookie (adamchooi's Shih Tzu) very manja. He'll just lie down and reruse to walk by himself when he gets too tired and wants the daddy to carry!! Laugh

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 9:23 PM

Post #29 of 38 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz,cshellz] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

some people are forced to lock their dogs up for various acceptable reasons, such as they're working during the day and no one is at home and etc..

but for those people who lock their dogs like 24 hours a day. that's like keeping the dog in a prison. eat, pee, poop also in the cage. only get to come out a few minutes for the owner to play. no freedom at all.

last time my neighbour bought a boxer to show off. he wasn't locked in a cage, but instead was chained to the dog house (which was half collapsed and not repaired). only the first 3 months he was taken out for a 3 minutes walk (or even tied at a parked lorry for 5 minutes to do his business). after that, he was chained forever and never unchained (even bathing also is chained - just spray water with hose)

he died at 8 years old and is chained for 8 years. now the owner has shifted, she built another metal hook on the floor to chain her future dog (planning to get one). tried to tell her it's not correct, but don't know she get it or not.

regards,
hunter

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 26, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #30 of 38 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah there are a few ppl in my neighbourhood who chains up their big dogs. I've been seeing that for years and I've never seen the dogs being taken for walks or unleashed even in the porch. the poor dogs probably can only take a few steps from the grill they are tied to, rain or shine.

How cruel ppl can be sometimes. Mad

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 26, 2003, 8:53 AM

Post #31 of 38 (1339 views)
Shortcut

My gosh! Some people are just...so...ugh!!

I have a friend who used to have 5 dogs...3 gr mix and 2 spitz.She forever cage them up. Eventhough she loves dogs, she didn't let them out coz her mom doesn't allow it. And my friends too lazy to go out and 'sweat' when she goes for a walk. She's not that type of girl who likes sports and cannot tahan sweating. Whenever, I went over I would offer to walk the dogs and she'll just walk along with me. She never trained them so they look like mad dogs pulling lil ol' me.

She likes to brag abt her dogs too. You know lar,when we were kids we would brag how many dogs and how 'pure bred' they were. Actually,she was the only one who liked to brag. At that time i only had 1 rotti/dobbi mix an she loves to brag abt her 2 pure spitz(eventhough I now realize they're not) and 3 GR mix...u could guess who lost. Well,I would rather have one well behaved,well taken care of dog than 5 unruly,hyper,untrained dogs.

hmm...what can we do abt these kind of ppl? We definately can't call SPCA..any ideas?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

nathalie
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2003, 4:40 AM

Post #32 of 38 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah cshellz, i agree with you. i have a friends who rare dogs for the first time and two days afteer bringing the dogs home, the begin passing the dogs here and there and finally ended up at a petshop for boarding. What's the point to buy a dog then? to show off...they'll bring the dogs to Gurney Plaze's cafes to show off and when the dog piss at home...the cane will be on the dog. What's the point? rearing dog is long term commitment and it has to go thrubad times tooFrown what will they do then? dump them in boarding house?Mad or worse still on the streets...there's where strays from..... i'm really sorry for those pups who have owners like thatUnsurethey

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 28, 2003, 10:26 AM

Post #33 of 38 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm totally agree with u. lots of irresponsible ppl buying/keep dogs for a few reasons stated below:

1: love at first sight. walk by the petshop, or saw one at someone's place or puppies found delivered by someone's female dog. like it so much and brought it home right away without even understanding the dog's character. no "research" or study is done before bringing the dog home. get tired after a few months.

2: show off. bought the most expensive dogs and bring them all around and talk really loud to the dog (and usually the dog act like a crazy one and this shows that the seldom bring them out) to draw attention from the public. chat with ppl with topics told by michelle. BRAND. (yucks, how gross?!)

3: they need them to work-like a slave. chained, locked up, free for 24 hours without supervision. as a result, excessive barking, howling, bite the feeding hands, chasing vehicles, ppl, etc.

4: keep a dog becouse the kids want it. kids play with it like a toy. result: disipline 0%, unhealthy (physically or mentally or both)

5: other reason/s

we, as dog owner, must undertsand that we must take all the responsibilities to keep a dog healthy both mentally and physically for the entire life of the dog. wether u like it or not, dogs are not only stands for cute furry companion, but also a living creature that needs you to bath him, walk him, feed him, clean the "by-products", training, vet check up, expenses etc. and it takes u lots of time and money (sometimes). so guys, if u ever encounter someone saying that he/she wants to keep a dog, please do ask and disscuss with them about the responsibilities that they have to take up in future and ask them if they are ready for that! my cousin was so keen to get himself a dog and i brought him a long while i'm bringing my dogs to the vet. little beauty (3 months old) poo in the crate while we were on our way to the vet. i stop the car and clean the poo. my cousin hold his breath really hard. so i told him "like it or not, thiss is part of the job that u have to do if u wanna keep a dog" immediately, this turned off his mind to get a dog!

Augustmoon
Dog Kichi

Jun 29, 2003, 5:46 AM

Post #34 of 38 (1325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello makrawl,

Good write up, hope more k.9 owner like u and others members with great understanding than there will be less stray animals roaming the street. But sad to say they are many who don't care. They think that the dog belong to them they can do what they like. Also there are so call doggies lover who buy the wrong breed without doing some research, in the end they complain that the dog is no good, but not themself.

Regards

Augustmoon & Win

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 29, 2003, 9:03 AM

Post #35 of 38 (1324 views)
Shortcut

hi makrawl,

a well written post. the 5 points are exactly what makes an irresponsible owner in the end.

somehow i wish so much that all dogs are treated well. but this world will never be perfect...

at least, dog lovers are popping up everyday and in malaysia, dogs were given more care than last time (dogs today wears shirts, eat good doggie food and go for classes). if there are more dog lovers i'm sure one day we'll make the world a better place to live in for our beloved dogs.

regards,
hunter

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2003, 8:45 PM

Post #36 of 38 (1322 views)
Shortcut

It's really sad and shocked to know that your dog killed a cat??

My smaller dogs will just bark at them. My 2 labs ... will just chase them like kids playing catching ...

So .. .I'm really curious cos I've not heard such thing before...

Regards,
Swee Eng

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 30, 2003, 9:28 PM

Post #37 of 38 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, he did.

u r lucky to have dogs that are not aggresive to small animals.

(This post was edited by makrawl on Jun 30, 2003, 9:38 PM)

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 30, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #38 of 38 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Augustmoon] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, sometimes i really don't understand why ppl wanna keep dogs and refuse to take up the responsibilities. at the end of the day, they just make both themselves and the dogs miserable. if u don't want it, why bringing it home?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my