OH MY GOD!!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 17, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #1 of 38 (3909 views)
Shortcut
OH MY GOD!!!!!! Can't Post

guys, is me again. this time with the worst incident to share.

i always know that cocker is a gundog and they r very good in retrieving and hunt. but i never know that they can do it so well even without any training from the owner. well, this was what happen.

while i was sewing the GL back to what it was that my Beauty had chewed. (10 pm) suddenly i heared a loud noise, a chaos that nearly make the sky fall. i ran to the kitchen and looked out from the window, and there, i saw i kitten (4-5months old) was confronting with my cocker (goldy) while beauty was only making noise beside. i shouted really loud to stop him but it was too late. on the next moment, the kitten was in his mouth while he shake the kitten like mad. i ran out from the house and stop him but he managed to run away from me with the kitten still in his mouth. at last, he spit the kitten off after it is dead. and sat beside the body while waiting for me to get him. i was so angry and so guilty. i bitten him up really hard and lock him up.

this morning, when i let him out. he seems doesn't regret for what he did (coz he's a dog) and keep on sniffing around to look for the kitten. (as he keeps on going back to the place where he spit the carrion out).

what the heck was going on with him?! now, i have to pray hard so that there won't be any cat who step into my compound again. i'm so sorry for the kitten.

kingkong
Canine Addict

Jun 17, 2003, 1:30 AM

Post #2 of 38 (3903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

NATURE.......

cat hunt rat, dog hunt cat, bigger always bully the smaller 1...... nature ma..... wat to do..... be patient as we are changing the nature......

Regards,
Eric with Sushi, a long-coat chihuahua.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 1:30 AM

Post #3 of 38 (3903 views)
Shortcut

hi makrawl,

I don't think 'gundog' was breed to kill. In your case, it's rather unique..

My lab, Rex does chase the cats, but when the cat stops , he also stops.. Smile. .. he does not bark at them.., just wagging his tail, deperately want to be friend with the cat, I suppose. In most cases, Rex got pissed-off and walk off with a heavy heart (still wagging his tail , though)..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 17, 2003, 2:26 AM

Post #4 of 38 (3900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

this is the first time. usually there are cats loitering in my compound and he always make noise if he sees one but he never able to get them as they are too quick for him. this time, it was a kitten. he did chased but never bite before.

actually he likes to chase almost everything that is smaller than him, birds, chickens, rats, mouse, cats, etc. he is very very friendly to human (including children). that's why i don't understand. he's a hyperactive dog, he is so "siau" and won't listen to me when he gets excited.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 17, 2003, 7:53 AM

Post #5 of 38 (3894 views)
Shortcut

Hey mak,

I bet u feel really guilty and out of idea what to do right now... poor thing ! Well, I haven't encounter this kind of problems with all of my previous dogs...so I have no idea what u shd or shd not do. Good Luck !

cheers,
minglmy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 9:04 AM

Post #6 of 38 (3891 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i must say, there's an instinct in your cocker to hunt and an instinct for the kitten to run. there's the hunter and there's the prey. this concept works ages ago, and i'm sure it's still in their blood.

anyway, i dun think he killed the kitten because he's a gundog, it's probably a doggie instinct running in his blood. my dog kills lizards, cockroaches and i'm sure many other dogs does the same too (just ask any forum member) - he's really too slow and clumsy to catch the cat who steals my bread every night. if he were to catch a kitten one day, who knows, the little one might be killed too. no matter how much we love them, dogs are still dogs.

it wasn't ur dog's fault. and u shouldn't be feeling guilty. these things are really hard to avoid.

regards,
hunter

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 17, 2003, 5:20 PM

Post #7 of 38 (3886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

aiya. i think you will never have this problem as Moccha is so tiny. (hopefully the cat doesn't bully him back! Laugh)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #8 of 38 (3883 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaugh hahaha Ming Yang kena 'jat' pulak....LaughLaughLaugh

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jun 17, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #9 of 38 (3881 views)
Shortcut

Hello there,
This is so opposite with Trivor. Trivor was bullied by stray cats, she got bitten and bled on her ears...Frown
I guess this is their nature? Dogs chase cats, cats chase mouse... My friend's dog kills rats. So "lucky" that his house does not have rats...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

doodle
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 10:43 PM

Post #10 of 38 (3874 views)
Shortcut

Hi markrawl,
My heart went out for you. I understand how you feel about the kitten. Moreover seeing it so helpless. But like what others said, it's their instinct. Sometimes even our dog don't want to harm any other creature but they can't help it. It is like telling a smoker not to smoke. They just get so aggitated.
I have a shar pei back in klang who kills ANYTHING. Even we yell at him and after chasing the rodents, he feels bad and just look down.
I guess that's how it works. Nature.

bomberZ

Jun 17, 2003, 11:38 PM

Post #11 of 38 (3871 views)
Shortcut

hi makrawl,

i think hunter is right, is their nature to prey on smaller animal.I had seen my cocker disboweled a toad, chase and ate insect and at 1 point he just dig cockroach out from the soil and chase after them Frown. Cocker are nature flusher dog, so Boo always go to the bushes and "flush" things out and chase. Anyway dont feel too bad about what your doggy do, their just being dog that all. CHEER UP.

kaerb

Jun 18, 2003, 8:44 AM

Post #12 of 38 (3863 views)
Shortcut

My dogs oso killed somthing two weeks back...kinda gross lar, they killed a mole (no idea what that was until they bit it) anyway...I don't think my dogs are hunting dogs either, but basically I think all dogs are just interested in Moving Objects lor...like cat, car, people who are really scared of them that run when they see dogs, I suppose the dogs are just curious and wannna stop the "thing" from running away.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 18, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #13 of 38 (3862 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha, you are right ! she is so small sometimes I was thinking, if she were to go into a fight with a BIG cat, who would win ar ? hmm.... but she is still a very timid girl lar...so I'm sure even before the cat got near, she already run far-far away liaoCrazyCrazyBlushBlush

cheers,
minglmy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 18, 2003, 10:01 AM

Post #14 of 38 (3861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha, that's what you get girl when you have a small little dog like Mocha as a pet ! Anyway, if she were to go together with the cats as a gang, I dun think you can find her lor... size also similar to the cat...

cheers,
minglmy

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 19, 2003, 1:04 AM

Post #15 of 38 (3842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh hahaha... i agree with you in having a small size of pet... this is what we say doggie camouflouge.. hahahaLaughLaugh
~~~ It'S a DoGgY DoG WorLD~~

%%%%
^""'^ %%%%
( ' ; ' )
(")**(") WOW! WOW!

YUMIKO masaki @ charming PARIS girl
love's dogs... true dog lover !!!
My PETS, My FRIEND, My FAMILY

MY DEAREST MITCHER BOY MUMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU 13TH MAY 2007

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 19, 2003, 5:34 PM

Post #16 of 38 (3827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for trying to make me feel better. after that incident, he comes back to what he was and still living as a happy dog. jumping up and down everyday when i'm home.

comel23
Novice

Jun 20, 2003, 11:47 PM

Post #17 of 38 (3804 views)
Shortcut

UnimpressedI feel for you as I hate to see animals being killed. It is really unfortunate that it happened. My rotti hates cats and she just go berserk whenever she sees one. She bit my Kitty once. I did not hit her, but I punished her with stern "BAD GIRL" repeatedly and caged her for a couple of hours. She somehow knows that she did a bad thing and voluntered to go inside her cage wihtout much hesitation. She has not tried to attack my Kitty again, and my Kitty is now smart enough not to get near herWink

Cheers
Lilie
Cheers Everyone

"Love Your Dog and You'll Be Loved Unconditionally"

comet
Dog Kichi

Jun 21, 2003, 2:09 AM

Post #18 of 38 (3798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comel23] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Been a while since I posted.. but hey better late than never..
Well my GR loves anything that moves too..But it has to be a fast move like bikes, running cats... Anything that moves slow he don't seem to be bothered. He just sniffs and walks away :) It's like ohh chase the cat.. but once he gets face to face with it...he goes like uhhh "now what?" hahahha! He's really a darling and won't hurt a soul. He got bitten by my friends lab a few times but all he did was step back and look puzzled.

:)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 21, 2003, 10:00 PM

Post #19 of 38 (3791 views)
Shortcut

I use to have a gs myself and it's in thier nature to chase rats, cats, and what so ever that is smaller in size... once she got them, she will put it on the door mat the next day to show us that she has done a good job by terminating these pest. I don't think they should be punish or hit by thier owner for something they did. I mean maybe you can try to let them know they have not been a very good / nice dog by doing that, but come to think of it, it's really not thier fault... Unsure maybe we as the owner, can spend more time in trying our best to educate our furkid on what is approve and not...

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 24, 2003, 2:40 AM

Post #20 of 38 (3781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

actually i didn't really cane him hardlah. Smile actually i turned him over and grabbed his neck really hard (not untill he is chocklah), shaked abit and shouted "NO!" (in cantonese). i think this is even more effective than cane the dog like "siau" ppl. coz this is a very clear "dog's language".

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 24, 2003, 5:32 PM

Post #21 of 38 (3770 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, exactly... last night I was at a friend's place who just got herself a shih tzu, and after playing around, the puppy pee on the carpet.. she started chasing and slapping the poor dog's backside.. I was kinda furious and shouted NO at my friend instead... Mad the poor thing had no idea what she did wrong and the owner kept chasing and hitting.. gosh!

comel23
Novice

Jun 25, 2003, 5:45 AM

Post #22 of 38 (3760 views)
Shortcut

Hi jaz

Think you can help by educating the owner? My gals still pee on any carpet as I think it smells the same as grass, so the best is to avoid it. I truly believe all new dog owners need to be educated first about dog caring.

UnsureMadCrazy
Cheers Everyone

"Love Your Dog and You'll Be Loved Unconditionally"

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 7:32 AM

Post #23 of 38 (3757 views)
Shortcut

hi,

comel is kinda right. should tell your friend how big of a mistake (thinking it's best for the puppy) she've done. puppies are still babies and it's only logic and common sense for her to know that they were not borned with the understanding of what's correct and what's not. she should patiently correct the dog perhaps, or even better is to avoid the dog from peeing on her lovely carpet in the first place.

(please note : extra rants from me..not referring to ur friend ) i feel that some people buy dogs for the sake of keeping cute furry things and do not bother to first learn what are the responsibilities of caring for your companion for the next 10-15 years. many dogs were bought as toys for children to meddle with or as an expensive item to show off to people, like a car or something. some even feel that feeding the dog with expensive dog food is enough to make the dog happy. how wrong they are.

regards,
hunter

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 5:26 PM

Post #24 of 38 (3749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comel23] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, but they don't quite seem to understand.. hhmmpphh... Mad Well, I was playing with the dog yesterday as well and again, Lucy (the shih tzu) pee on the carpet, before the owner does anything, I quickly carry Lucy on to a newspaper.. slowly, I am sure Lucy will get it that if she needs to Pee or Poo, it has to be done on a newspaper...

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2003, 5:46 PM

Post #25 of 38 (3748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] OH MY GOD!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

EXACTLY!!! you know what, the owner, doesn't really seem to care about the dog... I was the one brushing and cleaning the dog most of the time, or when ever I am there... Surprisingly the owner told me that she doesn't really like dogs!!! and she bought the dog due to STATUS!!! WAH LAU!!!! I felt so sorry for the poor Lucy... Dogs are not something for you to bring to coffee place and parade around.. you don't put a price tags on them and treat them like your LV or Gucci bags or shoes!!!Mad

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my