Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Doggy lumps

Sashan
Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2009, 9:11 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Doggy lumps Can't Post

Sigh, my poor dog just kena surgery to remove 2 lumps from her breast (FYI she was spayed at 5-6 months, before first heat). After all the hoo and the ha, and shes sort of merajuking, the vet called and said the lumps were lymposomething, and are in fact made of fat. And have a chance of regrowing. Oh joy. But at least its out and I don't have to worry about it becoming cancerous like my other dogs.

Just wanted to comment how odd it is that cancer is now also rampant in dogs as well as humans. My old dog had a tumour on his tail (he's moved on now, whether due to cancer or age), my aunts dog had a lump removed from his testicles (hes now ball-less), and I think there are a few posts on dogs with cancer in this forum itself.

We need more cancer research funding!

And thats my random rant of the day.

P.S: Now dog is now considered a prima donna. She had liposuction done!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 26, 2009, 5:33 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] Doggy lumps [In reply to] Can't Post

I always believe that processed pet food might play a role in causing cancer. My own female dogs has never given me problems (touchwood). Even though my first 2 dogs are not spayed before first heat. I picked them from the streets when I saw them having pups. They were on home cooked food all their lives and now on raw food. One is now almost 14 yrs old. And I have 2 more young ones growing up on raw food. Will post up their pics on my avatar soon..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my