SS2 Pet Shop

kahlai
Novice

Feb 19, 2009, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 16 (11396 views)
Shortcut
SS2 Pet Shop Can't Post

Dear Dog Lover,

Please take note that there is one pet shop @ ss2. I bring my dog went for grooming. After back from the pet shop, i was found out that my dog skin there was few red spot on it certain part of body (like rashes). Like butt side, ears. I was though maybe groomer cut it little too deep. Guess was no problem. At night time, i saw my dog feel very itchy for those red spots. Cry the whole night. The next day i bring my dog along see doctor. Doctor said it might cause of the blade not hygiene. FrownFrown

Somehow the workers there not friendly at all. I pay you to groom my dog. But they show face to me. Talk very rude to me as well. Which i really double disappointed with this pet shop. I will never ever return there ANYMORE!! Frown

Frown Frown Frown Frown

Dog = My Life

Frown Frown Frown Frown

myorkshire
New User

Feb 20, 2009, 8:46 PM

Post #2 of 16 (11363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kahlai] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

you should try out this Pet grroming shop in Bangsar. Its called PAW-FECT CUTZ. Its beautiful place and the groomer is very very friendly. It has a big space and very good environment.

I have the number 2284 0998 and the groomer's name is CAROL. She is a wonderful person.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

t0iT0i

Feb 21, 2009, 1:39 PM

Post #3 of 16 (11345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myorkshire] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

how much she charge you? as i know bangsar is a prime area and i'm worry that the charge is expensive.

myorkshire
New User

Feb 22, 2009, 8:47 PM

Post #4 of 16 (11323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0iT0i] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

hi. i have 2 dogs. and i sign up programmes for them to get a further discount. so for my yorkie, the charges were suppose to be RM100 per grooming and after i sign up programme it is only RM70. and the same thing goes for carrie, my maltese.

i think they are slightly more pricey but i have tried so many, and to pay a little more for the service they provide, its worth it. Now my 2 girls just love the place.

t0iT0i

Feb 23, 2009, 2:10 AM

Post #5 of 16 (11310 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your info.. you plan is actually monthly grooming program right?

my golden is big and weight 44KG each..dunno how much they charge without the plan... :(

kahlai
Novice

Feb 23, 2009, 7:59 PM

Post #6 of 16 (11294 views)
Shortcut

Yea..How much is the package you sign?? What bout Pet Safari grooming center? Is it good enough? I'm kinda phobia now.. Frown

Frown Frown Frown Frown

Dog = My Life

Frown Frown Frown Frown

myorkshire
New User

Feb 24, 2009, 1:53 AM

Post #7 of 16 (11276 views)
Shortcut

if i dont sign up for package, its 100 per grooming session. after signing up, im paying only 70 per grooming session. i try to go once a month but sometimes, they can let me be a little flexible and come in once every 6 weeks.

i dont like the safari place. the place is so small and they put my dogs in a cage! they dont even let let out to play with the other dogs. and plus, i dont like thier grooming.

myorkshire
New User

Feb 24, 2009, 2:11 AM

Post #8 of 16 (11275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0iT0i] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

my friend got retriever and he pay 160 one time but they do this thing that makes the retreiver shed less hair. he said its working. you should try and call the groomer.

kahlai
Novice

Feb 24, 2009, 7:13 PM

Post #9 of 16 (11258 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for your lovely info.

Much appreciate it Smile

Frown Frown Frown Frown

Dog = My Life

Frown Frown Frown Frown

tanpy2003
New User

Mar 5, 2009, 12:08 AM

Post #10 of 16 (11126 views)
Shortcut

hi,i think you place going to bangsar quite far..then i can introduce you to the Pets In pet shop at Damansara utama(uptown),u can call the girl call Emma 0126108929.that also a good place for grooming..nice environment.you may try it.

kahlai
Novice

Mar 6, 2009, 7:45 PM

Post #11 of 16 (11094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tanpy2003] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your info :)

Frown Frown Frown Frown

Dog = My Life

Frown Frown Frown Frown

kobe
New User

Mar 9, 2009, 7:37 AM

Post #12 of 16 (11042 views)
Shortcut

Dear Pet LOvers,

Hi, just to inform all pet lover be careful when you send your loved one for boarding...let me tell u a true story....javascript:%20addTag('pirate')

There is a pet shop a cheras somewhere around taman midah n it is an old shop.... everyone will think that an old shop should be not problem with handling all boarding problem ,like feeding, cleaning, or even let them to hang around.... the owner of the shop will tell u they will take good care to ur dog,,,but once u left his shop ,they will just put ur dog into cages...wat all they promised were rubbish....
javascript:%20addTag('mad')
even during Chinese New Year,,,they told the owner will close de shop for 1 week but will hire an uncle to take care those boarding's doggie..
but..... they left the doggie in the shop one week...
no food no drinks no cleaning no light....
they just put a big mug of water n food when they left n 'balik kampung' to celebrate CNY...

what do u think?
no food no drinks for 1 week?javascript:%20addTag(':(')

Be careful while sending ur dog for boarding
Unsure

mc138
New User

Apr 30, 2009, 11:46 PM

Post #13 of 16 (10788 views)
Shortcut

I agree with you Kah Lai. The pet shop at SS2 isn't that good at grooming dogs. The same happened to my dogs too. They have rashes on their stomach, thighs & armpits. Both of them.

The thing which I dislike most is once we arrived, they straight away quoted the price & placed my shih tzus into the enclosed back room without asking for their names/gender/age or the style which I want. How could a groomer not know the name of our furkid(s) even after we left the shop? I was very concerned that I didn’t even get to see the environment in the back room.

Another problem is that I can’t explain the style to them without having my dog there to show them. That I considered as very unprofessional. I told them that I want "Teddy Bear" style & they didn't know what it is like. I was very surprised that a grooming place doesn't know about "Teddy Bear" cut. Then I described to them the style that one of my shih tzus had & asked them to cut another one of my shih tzus’ fur based on that style.

Seeing that they are quite a popular pet shop, I thought of giving it a try despite these negative perceptions which they'd given me. Who knows, they did it badly. He now looks like a Batman with a mask. There is a straight line on his forehead as if he's wearing a mask.

Also, they trimmed all of his genital hair which is meant for urine stream. I was shocked! Their nails were split up & they trimmed all the fur in between their paw pads which reveal the skin underneath completely. I'd never seen any groomer done that before. Thus, the skin hidden in their paws were irritated (reddish colour) especially my younger puppy who has a more delicate skin.

Pricing wise, I think it’s slightly above normal grooming saloon. 6 months shih tzu – RM80 (full grooming). My puppy is quite small size. He’s slightly smaller than average shih tzu.

Frown

SilverFoxen
New User

Jun 28, 2009, 6:36 AM

Post #14 of 16 (10527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mc138] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

That shop is one of the oldest pet shop in the whole PJ area. I think it should be 20yrs old or more. I remember going there when I was a kid and my mom still had to hold my hands in the shop.

Now, they are one of the very very few suppliers for pet products in the Klang Valley, that offers large range of brands and products. Other suppliers, only offer specific brands.

They have always been cocky because in the old days (10yrs ago), they boasted that they were the oldest, most modern shop in PJ. Now, they can boast that they're the only supplier shop around.

Most in the PJ pet industry have to get their supplies from them. So no choice but to suck up and face them.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 30, 2009, 5:52 AM

Post #15 of 16 (10475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SilverFoxen] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

i go to petsmore @OUG..the charge for pattern cut for poodle oni 68..afetr using the coupon..they will give a coupon afetr each grooming (RM10) for u to use for ur next grooming..cut those like funky cut for this price very cheap edi..but the term is to become a member..is free..n they will oso give u coupon everytime u buy dog stuff from them..very good service..the staff r frenly..but muz make appointment..

p/s:a lil bit of cut is unpreventable..sometimes my dog oso hv it..

kahlai
Novice

Jul 5, 2009, 4:32 AM

Post #16 of 16 (10412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mc138] SS2 Pet Shop [In reply to] Can't Post

Currently im trying another pet shop nearby NCX..called it pet icon..hopefully is was good enough to me... Smile

Frown Frown Frown Frown

Dog = My Life

Frown Frown Frown Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my