Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
Need some advice

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 13, 2009, 9:32 PM

Post #1 of 25 (8919 views)
Shortcut
Need some advice Can't Post

I need some advice here. To make the story short, I'll do it in point form.

1) Mummy Aaa of pup (named teacup) doesnt care for the teacup

2) teacup suffers from loseness of weight, skin problem, smelly ears and mouth, been eating plastics due to 2-3 days not feeding the teacup, vomiting yellowish subtance, drink and eat from alge bowls which is not wash for days.

3) Mummy Aaa asked (verbally) a friend to give teacup away. 2 weeks ago... (before christmas)

4) 2 days ago, teacup is settled at new home and is happy. New home, stays in aircon room, sleep in bed, had new bowls, had another pup to play with.

5) Today, mummy Aaa wans her back. She wans to pass it to her parents in another state. She demand teacup back. She didnt wan to admit what she said about "give teacup away for adoption".

6) Teacup new parents already fall in love with teacup and gave her the best.

What should I do? Should I break the new parents heart by telling them about mummy Aaa demands teacup back? Please advice what should I do? Mummy Aaa just cant stop asking for teacup. Its driving me nuts.

(This post was edited by dd5&patches on Jan 13, 2009, 10:26 PM)

icelads

Jan 13, 2009, 10:12 PM

Post #2 of 25 (8908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dd5&patches] Need some advice [In reply to] Can't Post

This is just my personal opinion, the final decision is still yours. ignore Aaa request, 1st teacup is happily with the new parents and is in good condition, we don't know if teacup is safe in Aaa's parents hand.

2ndly, Aaa doesn't care for teacup at all, she is willing to give up teacup once, and now she wants to pass it to her parents. Are there any written proof that Aaa want to give teacup away, like email, sms or 3rd party witness? i believe hand over (willingly)teacup to a stranger for 2 days can proof she has give up on teacup.

talk to Aaa to find out why she change her mind and want teacup back, be reason with her. analyse for her that its not easy to own a furkid as acsyen said "its a 15 years commitment" just read it at another thread..., hopefully she will think rationally and know what is best for teacup.

I hope this can be resolve peacefully, please update us (just kepochi)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 13, 2009, 10:43 PM

Post #3 of 25 (8898 views)
Shortcut

Try reading this...

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=1464

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 6:56 PM

Post #4 of 25 (8848 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys, thanks for your advice:) We are trying to keep the dog away from mummy Aaa now. But guess what? She has all her friends sending threatening sms to us saying that we actually stole teacup and sell it to another person.Shocked

I'm sure her friends didn't actually know teacup and seen her condition when teacup was with mummy Aaa. Should we still stand our ground for the poor dog? What can she do to us if she were to get even more nasty? Call the authority?Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 14, 2009, 7:13 PM

Post #5 of 25 (8846 views)
Shortcut

Say teacup died.. that's the end of it.. What can she do? Dog is no longer found.

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 7:18 PM

Post #6 of 25 (8845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Need some advice [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm.. she will then announced it to all her friends that we stole and sell teacup and now teacup "died". Wooo...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 14, 2009, 7:28 PM

Post #7 of 25 (8842 views)
Shortcut

Then she'll have to forget bout the dog soon.. who are her frens, i can't even be bothered about them.. they're not paying any of your bills right?

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 7:30 PM

Post #8 of 25 (8841 views)
Shortcut

haha... nope. Can mummy Aaa file reports to any authority? and what can they do to us?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 14, 2009, 7:42 PM

Post #9 of 25 (8838 views)
Shortcut

did u read my thread din petfinder? i think i explained on this part already there. well there are many missing dogs daily and we report to the police and we can suspect many ppl but how many 'thieves' are caught?

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 7:56 PM

Post #10 of 25 (8837 views)
Shortcut

:) thanks again for ur advice. You're Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 14, 2009, 8:36 PM

Post #11 of 25 (8832 views)
Shortcut

as long as it is for the betterment of the dog. make sure the dog is in really good hands or it's no point we do so much to help the new adopter.

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 8:39 PM

Post #12 of 25 (8831 views)
Shortcut

No worries, teacup is really happy till she don't even want to follow us back when we go visit:) hahaha...

icelads

Jan 15, 2009, 4:20 AM

Post #13 of 25 (8810 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Say teacup died.. that's the end of it.. What can she do? Dog is no longer found.

that's the good one! hahaha!! acsyen really have alot of experience in handling dogs...

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 19, 2009, 6:52 PM

Post #14 of 25 (8736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icelads] Need some advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess what? MummyA reported to the police!Crazy. The police says is a small matter and laugh about it when they call us, asked us to settle it ourselves and no matter what just returned teacup to her. Police will make sure MummyA wont be having that dog in that house anymore.

We returned it to her already. You should look at teacup, she dont even wan to leave the house when we go get her and refuse to get out of the car when we are there. She looks so sad the whole time. Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 19, 2009, 7:19 PM

Post #15 of 25 (8731 views)
Shortcut

Your story is getting a bit contradicting. How can return to her then police make sure the dog will no longer be with her? And why can't u tell that the dog has died or no longer with u or stolen from you?

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 19, 2009, 7:26 PM

Post #16 of 25 (8730 views)
Shortcut

Well,.. i guess the police wants her to give it away somehow.

As for telling her the dog died or stolen from us is not possible now as it involved the police. She reported us as a thief stealing her dog. So in order to clear the file,. we have to returned it to her.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 19, 2009, 7:41 PM

Post #17 of 25 (8728 views)
Shortcut

well the police will never do that. as if they care. they are even laughing away when they call you. nobody has proof that you got the dog unless there is a picture of it. Too bad you made a wrong decision for the dog this time. the dog now suffers ..

mel&sun
Novice

Jan 19, 2009, 8:15 PM

Post #18 of 25 (8723 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
well the police will never do that. as if they care. they are even laughing away when they call you. nobody has proof that you got the dog unless there is a picture of it. Too bad you made a wrong decision for the dog this time. the dog now suffers ..

ACSyen,

Your heroic acts in saving furkids and posting it in a few forums are much commendable. But when you made the statement to dd5 on "Too bad you made a wrong decision for the dog this time. the dog now suffers .." did you ever give any thoughts to it before writting it?

Thoughts to be considered:

1. Have you put yourself in dd5 or dd5's friend's shoes? I believe dd5 wrote about the threats and all;

2. Try involving the police? How would you feel if you get a call from them? And there is already a record for "theft" as it were;

3. Not everyone would subject themselves to lying to say that the dog is missing and all, especially when one has integrity;

4. Try having all these in your mind for a few days, and on top of that, maybe dd5 or friend has got other things like work and worries and family and all...

5. These involves friends and being caught in the middle is not fun

Come on, this is a thread started by dd5 for advises and opinions, not to be shot down by people saying they have made wrong decisions and all. I am sure they do love the dog too and giving it back to the irresponsible owner was sad enough. I think they all deserved to be praised. Kudos to the team who took every effort for the furkid. We can all only leave it to God's hand to take care of the furkid. The dog at the end of the day suffers or not, it's not for us to say, let's leave it to God. We can only hope and pray. My prayers are with them and the dog.

If someone comes and start a thread asking for advise, the rest should learn to be a listening ear and give constructive advises and all, and if can't be done, just keep silent, that would be good.

(This post was edited by mel&sun on Jan 19, 2009, 8:19 PM)

dd5&patches
Novice

Jan 19, 2009, 8:33 PM

Post #19 of 25 (8719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel&sun] Need some advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi mel&sun, Thanks for being understanding and supportive. We all did try our best.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 19, 2009, 9:34 PM

Post #20 of 25 (8714 views)
Shortcut

Well if dd5 feels that she/he has done her beat and the right thing so be it. Posting it here doesn't mean that she will get all positive response. And what I say is definitely my opinion which I am entitled to and also what I would have done if I am in her position. If you think that I don't have family and work and sit down whole day rescue dogs then you are wrong. I cannot stand any dog being bullied/abused so I will do my best to help. But usually it's the humans that creates the problems. I hardly deal with other rescuers to avoid conflicts in ideas. Since dd5 has done what is right to him/her then all the best to the dog now. i will still feel it is wrong.

mel&sun
Novice

Jan 19, 2009, 10:38 PM

Post #21 of 25 (8705 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Well if dd5 feels that she/he has done her beat and the right thing so be it. Posting it here doesn't mean that she will get all positive response. And what I say is definitely my opinion which I am entitled to and also what I would have done if I am in her position. If you think that I don't have family and work and sit down whole day rescue dogs then you are wrong. I cannot stand any dog being bullied/abused so I will do my best to help. But usually it's the humans that creates the problems. I hardly deal with other rescuers to avoid conflicts in ideas. Since dd5 has done what is right to him/her then all the best to the dog now. i will still feel it is wrong.

If you can't stand, then sit and keep silent. Don't vent your anger here. What dd5 and friend did is NOT for you to judge. Pls, go and do what you do best, rescuing dogs.

What i am saying is not POSITVE response but more of CONSTRUCTIVE RESPONSE, get it? Whilst rescuing furkids are noble deeds, one must maintain his ethics and integrity lest it defeats the ultimate purpose.

Enough on this thread.

"In order for the world to change, we must change first"

(This post was edited by mel&sun on Jan 19, 2009, 10:50 PM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 19, 2009, 11:01 PM

Post #22 of 25 (8693 views)
Shortcut

Everyone is entitled to their own judgement and opinions. If anyone doesn't want to listen or read then don't post and dun read it. When I post I am ready to be disagreed on. We can't please everyone.

KIMICHONG
Novice

Jan 22, 2009, 6:41 PM

Post #23 of 25 (8612 views)
Shortcut

BEING A HERO IS NOT AN EASY TASK....BUT ONCE U MAKE UP YOUR MIND TO SAVE A FURKID FROM SUFFERING,U SHOULD STAND FIRM BECAUSE U R DOIN THE RIGHT THING.DO NOT SCARE ON THOSE TREATHENING SMS...WHAT CAN 'THOSE' PPL CAN DO TO U??KILL U?PUT FIRE TO YOUR HOUSE?OR BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE TO STEAL THE DOG? IF THEY COMMIT EITHER ONE OF THE LISTED U CAN ACTUALLY SUE THEM BACK.....

KIMICHONG
Novice

Jan 22, 2009, 6:45 PM

Post #24 of 25 (8608 views)
Shortcut

IS THERE ANY EVIDENCE THEY CAN SHOW U STOLE THE DOG??HOW BOUT the CERT AND CHIP NUMBER???U SHOULD HAVE BOTH OF THE CERT WHEN THEY SENT YOU THE FURKID...

princesscookie
Novice

Jan 23, 2009, 12:20 AM

Post #25 of 25 (8590 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,

1st of all, im neutral here ya (im very scared to offend ppl in forum, cuz sometimes wanna help and give advice, got ppl misunderstand then quarrel pulak . i would say acs & mel both have their points. I would not agree acs's suggestion in lying cuz dd5 has done nothing wrong and need not to find excuse to reject mommy Aaa. but acs is right about the importance of teacup following a good & responsible owner.

As for mel, I really think that dd5 need not to worry about the police cuz although dd5 cant prove to them that her fren is the one initiated giving teacup away, vice versa, the fren cant also prove that teacup belongs to her and dd5 stole it. but mel, ure also right that maybe the owner has regretted giving teacup away and will start treating teacup good in the future. who knows?

i know the case is now over since teacup is already back to the owner. just like to share my similar experience. My opinion is DD5 should just tell her fren, there is no way she can take back teacup as she was the one gave up on teacup. And for the "sue" thingy. she can go to the police but dd5 can also go to spca to file her abusing teacup. just tell her, the new parents not going to give her back teacup. ** unless she buy back hahaha**

the similar exp i refer to is : I ever gave away a dog and later i regretted and wanna take him back Crazy. because im a breeder and have lots of dogs till my neighbour complained. So i have to let go some of them. and this dog (a mixed breed-spitz, i rescued and took care for more than a yr) barks the most. So my bf decided to give away. Of course at first he doesnt seem to be happy with the new owner and i did not agree the way the new owner treat him (well, he did not do anything bad to the dog lar) but i was still not satisfied cuz i expect him to treat my dog as his child not as a "dog" and give him the best he can. the way the man raise dogs is in a very conservative way.

The new owner doesnt seem to be happy when i visit my dog. so i can only "curi curi" peep at my dog whenever i pass by his house. and everytime after seeing him, me & my bf will . and there was once the dog saw me (when nobody at home) the dog also cried and uncontrollably pee) SO SAD & REGRET till now ! However, i understand that i was the one who gave up on the dog first. SO.... im willing to pay to buy him back if the owner allowed. I know the owner likes husky very much... wait till i have money, i will buy a husky for him and hopefully he wil return my dog

sorry for the long long story, but really feel like sharing this. and for those who's thinking of giving pets away, please think twice. dun regret like me. happy new year!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my