Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Puppy's vacination

Anonymous
Anonymous

Jun 30, 2001, 3:11 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2014 views)
Shortcut
Puppy's vacination Can't Post

What type of vacination should be done on a puppy upon purchased from pet shop? because in most cases , pet shop's vacination record seems to be not genuine.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 31, 2001, 4:33 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2000 views)
Shortcut
Re: Puppy's vacination [In reply to] Can't Post

Most puppies' owner will vaccination their puppies at least three times during their first year of life. First vaccination is normally injected at about 7 week of age. A further of two more vaccinations will be injected 4 weeks and 8 weeks after the first vaccination. Most vet will give your puppies 6 in 1 vaccination which contain some vaccine for Distemper, Canine Adenovirus-2, Canine Parvovirus-2 , Canine Parainfluenza, Bordatella Bronchiseptica (that cause Kennel cough),...............

If you wish to add protection for Corana Virus, vet will possibly introduce two additional vaccinations alone for Corana Virus. That will make the total vaccination required for your puppies to 5 (five) in total.

Provention is always better than cure. If not protected with the above vaccines, several of the virus infection cuase by the virus such as Distemper and others have high fatality.

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2001, 6:04 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Puppy's vacination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Khoobg,

My boxer puppy has been vaccinated with 2 doses of Canigen DH(A2) PPi/L within 2 months. unfortunately, I didn't ask the vet what are the protection that have been included in this vaccine. Therefore, do you know about this vaccine and does it include all the protections that you mentioned in the previous post? But, you did say that there will be three doses, how about my case? I think the Corana virus protection has not been given to my dog, right? Please reply and thanks Smile.

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 4, 2002, 6:58 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Puppy's vacination [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not sure whether Canigen DH(A2) PPi/L is a 6 in 1 or 5 in 1 vaccine. Most VET will give 6 in 1 nowaday.

Basically, you puppy should have at least three 6 in 1 doses at the age of 7th week, 11th week and 15th week. Doses for Corona Virus is not included in these 6 in 1 vaccine. Additional dose(s) is(are) required. Please check with your VET.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

jason
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2002, 8:00 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Puppy's vacination [In reply to] Can't Post

My new boxer litter has his first vaccination at the breeder place at around 4th week of age. Now, he is with me and I would like to vaccinate him again at 8th week of age. So, should I use the same brand of vaccine by the breeder or can use whatever the vet will give later? I scare different brand and type of the vaccine will cause problem to my litter, any advice? thanks.

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my