Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

lacavara
Novice

Jan 11, 2009, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3154 views)
Shortcut
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Can't Post

An adult tri-colour cavalier bitch, toy group found by a friend of mine in Kelana Jaya area this morning. She is currently being taken to the vet for a thorough check out as the coat was full of ticks. If you are the owner of the missing bitch, feel free to contact me to collect your cavalier back.

However, please expect to be able to provide the microchip number on this cavalier, a picture clearly showing the spot on the body, and the necessary documents to proof that you are the correct owner.

If you are the real owner and not able to provide any of the items above, your claim will not be entertained.

Adrian Teoh, Lacavara Cavaliers

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at Lacavara
http://www.lacavara.com

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jan 12, 2009, 8:26 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lacavara] Cavalier King Charles Spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Adrian.....thanks for the call on sunday morning. I have checked with all friends that has Tricolour ckcs from me and all are accounted for.

This one must be from an unknown breeder. Thanks for the info and good job.

lacavara
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 1:26 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Cavalier King Charles Spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a little update on the CKCS found last sunday. I understand from my friend that she has been brought to the vet and groomer on the same day. Her coat has been totally shaved for easy control of ticks and fleas. It was impossible to comb through the coat properly as they were all matted, obviously no attention was paid to proper grooming of the said ckcs in the past.

The ckcs is now currently staying another cavalier, a long coat chihuahua, and another toy dog in PJ until her condition is fully recovered before looking for a loving home if my friend decides not to keep her.

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2009, 7:55 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3031 views)
Shortcut

Rather irresponsible and stupid of the owner to mistreat such a beautiful and expensive pet, don't you think.

Hmmm...perhaps the dog ran awy from home .

lacavara
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 8:28 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renaoh] Cavalier King Charles Spaniel [In reply to] Can't Post

What can I say ? I think the majority of Malaysian still have a lot to learn about being a resposible pet owner.

Judging from the condition of the ckcs found in Kelana Jaya last Sunday, we can only conclude that she was only used for breeding purpose and nothing else. No microchip was found on the ckcs, and her tail was in between her legs all the time despite being rescued and well treated in the last few days.

I can only hope that her condition will get better in the next few weeks and she can thrive and be a happy dog again.

renaoh
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2009, 11:57 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3014 views)
Shortcut

I totally abhor those back-yard breeders. Mad

Recently a friend of mine adopted a miniature pinscher from a rescuer. That poor dog was only 3 years old and was terribly abused. She was kept in a cage all the time and was used solely for breeding purposes. The dog was so sickly and thin and cannot even stand nor walk properly. She cowers in a corner all the time. This dog will need lots of TLC before she trusts anyone again. Unsure

Thank God she is in my friend's loving care now, otherwise it would mean an early death for her in that abusive environment.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my