Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
hoping to get a toy poodle

kwhc89
New User

Jan 10, 2009, 10:00 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2606 views)
Shortcut
hoping to get a toy poodle Can't Post

hi im new to here and new to dogs as well.. im planning to get a toy poodle for my gf this coming valentines but i have no knowledge bout dogs at allUnsure can you guys let me know wat kind of relevant info that i should study on..i wont want to get a pet but hav no knowledge bout it at all ><

thanks

FLK

Jan 13, 2009, 6:36 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kwhc89] hoping to get a toy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

You can buy a book about toy poodle from the bookshop to study.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 13, 2009, 7:55 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2565 views)
Shortcut

The worst gift to give is a dog as you do not know if the person is commited to keeping the dog or not. It will be a commitment for at least 12 yrs and above. Am not trying to scare you but there are many cases of owner don't want their dogs anymore after breaking up with their partners cos it reminds them of their partners.. End of the day the dog suffers.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Ho Lee Mee
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 2:00 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2560 views)
Shortcut

Do reconsider your choice of gift. Speaking from a girl's point of view an IPOD would sufficiently convey your feelings of affection. In the event of excessive income a MAC BOOK PRO would do it as well.
This is just so you do know that a dog functions as like a baby and is high maintenance in terms of time, commitment and money.
My point is that unless your gf is really into dogs something innate would be a more perfect gift.

(This post was edited by Ho Lee Mee on Jan 14, 2009, 2:05 AM)

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2009, 4:02 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ho Lee Mee] hoping to get a toy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Spa ticket. Nice branded dress/handbag voucher (dont choose it yourself la). Nice new laptop. Pink from dell. Nice solitaire pendant. Earrings. BRacelet. Shoes.

So many gifts a girl would appreciate no need to buy a dog la :P

If she wants a dog, then go with her if she is seriously wanting it. Buying it as a gift can be a burden to the receiver. She may like dogs but her current dogless state may be due to lack of time/space/funds to keep a dog, and forcing a puppy on her with bring her more troubles than pleasure.

kwhc89
New User

Jan 14, 2009, 10:34 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2540 views)
Shortcut

she used to have a dog but it died years back..she's a dog lover and definitely a toy poodle lover..she's been telling me lotsa things bout toy poodle since very long ago. her family are also dog lovers she's currently dog-less coz her parents din wana spend the money to get one yet..wat u guys said definitely made sense and im not aware bout it as well..i do feel that if she's given some sort of responsibility then it'll help her in some ways..we jus went to a pet shop lately and she asked bout toy poodle she wants the dog very much she's jus waitin for her parents to give it a go...

Ho Lee Mee
Novice

Jan 14, 2009, 6:09 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2524 views)
Shortcut

Well, you know your gf better. If you are serious in the purchase, just make absolutely sure that her parents would love and take care of it in the event of her losing interest after the novelty has worn off. You wouldn't want your gift of love to end up being a gift of incovenience. All the best.

rayter
Dog Kichi

Jan 30, 2009, 8:01 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2307 views)
Shortcut

Good luck! Poodle is such a cute dog breed.

By the way, you can read some helpful articles here: pet-articles.blogspot.com. :)

Frown
"A dog is a heart beat, at my feet."
Pet Articles | Bark Collars | Bark Control Collar
Training Collar | Pet Supplies | Dog Supply

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my