Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Any dog friendly places in Cheras?

Fifi Ng
Novice

Dec 15, 2008, 1:00 AM

Post #1 of 11 (9261 views)
Shortcut
Any dog friendly places in Cheras? Can't Post

Anyone know is there any dog friendly places in Cheras?

Fifi Ng
Novice

Dec 16, 2008, 12:44 AM

Post #2 of 11 (9251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fifi Ng] Any dog friendly places in Cheras? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm....seem like nobody know any places which is allow dog in Cheras huh?Frown

Now i always bring my dogs to cyberjaya park,but it's really take time and my fuel Crazy. Abt 1 hour to get there just for my dogs to have a walk....cham...Unsure

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Mar 13, 2009, 2:42 AM

Post #3 of 11 (9079 views)
Shortcut

if u bring ur dog to cyber, i rather u bring him to 1U BU park.

lot doggies there esp weekend :)Frown

phurryice
Novice

Apr 5, 2009, 11:24 PM

Post #4 of 11 (8938 views)
Shortcut

im from cheras also, so far i only bring my rottie to the small playground at Taman Segar Perdana. Many people bring their dogs there for walks, plenty of kids too. It's a nice environmet altogether.

tanyatpg
Novice

Apr 1, 2010, 3:23 AM

Post #5 of 11 (8111 views)
Shortcut

There's a lake in Pandan Jaya. I brought my dogs there before for walk walk...Seems like a dog friendly place as there are quite a number of dog owners who brought their dogs there.

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Apr 1, 2010, 3:37 AM

Post #6 of 11 (8110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tanyatpg] Any dog friendly places in Cheras? [In reply to] Can't Post

For the more adventurous, try Bukit Apek. Located near Cheras Hartamas. About an hour's hike, with a couple of small streams. Brought both my dogs there twice, no problems so far.

tanyatpg
Novice

Apr 1, 2010, 4:11 AM

Post #7 of 11 (8105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scapolitejoshua] Any dog friendly places in Cheras? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
For the more adventurous, try Bukit Apek. Located near Cheras Hartamas. About an hour's hike, with a couple of small streams. Brought both my dogs there twice, no problems so far.

bukit for hiking? like bukit gasing? Hmm...never been hiking before..what should we do or bring there?

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Apr 1, 2010, 4:45 PM

Post #8 of 11 (8097 views)
Shortcut

Well it's not exactly like Bukit Gasing where there's proper cemented stairs. Pretty decent slopes, takes an hour to finish it. Have a couple of small streams, perfect for dogs to cool off. It's actually near the Econsave at Cheras Hartamas/Bukit Segar. The good thing there is that, the trails are very broad. So you can turn back whenever you want.

You don't need to bring much really.. just

1. LOTS of water
2. A small first aid kit
3. Newspaper to pick up your dog's poop

I usually start at 6.30 or 7. Quite a decent place for photography too.

tanyatpg
Novice

Apr 2, 2010, 5:33 AM

Post #9 of 11 (8084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scapolitejoshua] Any dog friendly places in Cheras? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well it's not exactly like Bukit Gasing where there's proper cemented stairs. Pretty decent slopes, takes an hour to finish it. Have a couple of small streams, perfect for dogs to cool off. It's actually near the Econsave at Cheras Hartamas/Bukit Segar. The good thing there is that, the trails are very broad. So you can turn back whenever you want.

You don't need to bring much really.. just

1. LOTS of water
2. A small first aid kit
3. Newspaper to pick up your dog's poop

I usually start at 6.30 or 7. Quite a decent place for photography too.

Wow...dat sounds cool and fun...will definitely give it a try.

But..is it safe to go alone or two, or have to go in a group of ppl?

scapolitejoshua
Novice

Apr 2, 2010, 11:30 AM

Post #10 of 11 (8081 views)
Shortcut

Well, this is complicated.

There used to be the perfect route. Gentle slopes, cooling streams. The start of the track used to be at Taman Alam Jaya (Near the Cempaka School, Cheras campus). This trail was however shut down due to inconsiderate parking. Hence, a new trail (the present trail).

There are generally 2 trials right now. Let's just call them A and B for now.

A, is a challenging, STEEP hill that takes you about an hour. Further in, and it'll bring you to a waterfall. The waterfall is amazing, untouched by civilization some would say. Almost heaven for photographers.

Route B however is a cross route back to the old trail. There are no arrow to this trail and not everyone knows about this. I suggest you check out the place before you bring your dogs. The crowd would start gathering by 6.30 and they're all amazingly friendly. Just ask around and you should be fine.

It is safe. I went up there with my sister and have no problems so far.. no stray dogs and such. I guess you should bring a hiking stick. This would not only act as protection but also back support.

tanyatpg
Novice

Apr 4, 2010, 5:51 AM

Post #11 of 11 (8047 views)
Shortcut

Thanks very much for all the informations scapolitejoshua Cool Will defenitely go try out one fine weekend.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my