tick problem's

chris_hew01
Novice

Oct 23, 2008, 7:52 PM

Post #1 of 6 (703 views)
Shortcut
tick problem's Can't Post

hi all,

i had a trouble in tick's problem cause since i bring my dog for walk the tick begun to strike my house compound and even in my hse.This morning when i wake up my 2nd flr hse oso found some ticks crawling. Any professor here that can teach me or any formula for me to kills those ticks in my hse.

I had use a lot of ticks shampoo n even i bought those tick precautious stuff for my dog but i just can't stop my hse side prob.

Please help!!!!

Ho Lee Mee
Novice

Oct 23, 2008, 8:57 PM

Post #2 of 6 (700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris_hew01] tick problem's [In reply to] Can't Post

You mean your dog and your house is infested with ticks? I guess you use insecticide on the ticks in your house and get the vet to help with the deticking of your dog. For prevention of future attacks please do feed your dog garlic with his meals. You must not give a lot - just one small section of the bulb - minced or grated into the food. Mix it with butter at first and later he will just eat it with his meals. Fresh is more potent. Garlic really works but not immediately, ok? It needs to be given time for the body to absorb and work its magic. Hope this helps.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 24, 2008, 2:36 PM

Post #3 of 6 (683 views)
Shortcut

put a few drops of bayticol in your mopping pail and mop your house. It will kill the ticks and keep it away for a while. Vinegar also helps so does eucalyptus oil. Jsut mmix them in big portions of water then spray them everywhere. Can't do much lately as now is the tick season.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

myzanordin
ALPHA

Oct 24, 2008, 5:17 PM

Post #4 of 6 (679 views)
Shortcut

Eucalyptus oil work wonders for me. And so far, my house is clear of tick. Unfortunately, it got into my dogs body during walks at the padang. I suggest, try to avoid walking near any grass....after walk, put dogs in a room and spray the surrounding with eaucalyptus. Most importanty, dogs have to be on 'spot on' the best is the latest combo, where it killed even the eggs..

My advise, do not take tick as a small problem. Based on my experience, my dogs nearly died of it. Once infected, the blood will get thinned,damaged liver, fever on a very high side, dog vomit and purge blood and lastly need blood transfusion (same effect like dengue fever on human). Some dogs, might accept the new blood from other dog, some will not. They will get seizure and eventually die.

Its not only heart breaking for owner, it cost us lots of money too...so, be extra extra careful.especially now, that its tick season....

chris_hew01
Novice

Oct 25, 2008, 2:40 AM

Post #5 of 6 (671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] tick problem's [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Thanks for all ur reply and formula that u give.
Btw, where can i get the oil that u mention and do u have any specified brands that works even more effectively.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Oct 25, 2008, 3:09 AM

Post #6 of 6 (664 views)
Shortcut

U can get eucalyptus oil from any pharmacy, Guardian or Caring. RM 9.50 per bottle.Parrot brand, from Australia, green packing with pic of parrot. Mix it with water (1:7) and spray. Good Luck !

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my