IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
how to discipline a rottweiler?

labradorfan

Oct 23, 2008, 6:45 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1929 views)
Shortcut
how to discipline a rottweiler? Can't Post

hi everyone,it's been awhile since my last visit here.i have a question.roxy is now 11 months old and she's very naughty when my bf went to work.her attitude change after she gets fully recovered from demodex and sarcoptic mange.she becomes more lively and active but there's a downside to it.she's never been a problem when she's younger as me n my bf trained her well.for the past few weeks,she's been biting off important letters and it makes my bf and his family very mad at her.therefore,we put fencing at the side of the house but she stil lmanaged to crawl under the fence to get to the porch and thus bite the letters from the letterbox.the letterbox is built in together with the column.i wanna know how am i to train her not to bite the letters and anything she sees in the garden?she has toys but she does not want to play with them.im in dilemma now on how to train her,i would want to try train her on our own instead of going to trainer coz it's pretty costly.
another thing,how to make her not jump on ppl?i did 'knee' her on her chest but still not working.any ideas?help would be much appreciated asap.thank you.FrownFrown

(This post was edited by labradorfan on Oct 23, 2008, 6:51 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 3, 2008, 9:59 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labradorfan] how to discipline a rottweiler? [In reply to] Can't Post

1st u must really get a way to prevent her access to those letters. dogs went left on their own, learn to amuse themselve with whatever things they can get hold of. it advisable that u actually locked your young dog up, if not one supervise her. unless u make sure that everything is safe, and nothing costly will be damage.

to teach your dog not to jump on people, knee-ing can be an option. or divert his attention to something else. before he attempt to jump, ask him to sit and treat him. we dog owners need to be dicipline, we can't be slack. u can't ask him to sit, and then the next day allow him to jump and pet him. just be firm with him.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

labradorfan

Nov 8, 2008, 11:05 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how to discipline a rottweiler? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks amanda for the good advice.i've tried knee-ing her but she keeps jumping.we've blocked access to the letters by putting latches and blocking with some hardware stuffs.so far no letters are bitten but found the letter box damaged a bit as there were attempts to bite the latch off.we've fenced her at the yard but still she can make her way to the front porch.making a gap by crawling under the fence.she's super michievious and although got many toys,she is more keen in wandering around.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my