Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
im totally NEW!

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2008, 2:36 AM

Post #1 of 25 (2895 views)
Shortcut
im totally NEW! Can't Post

Hey im new in this forum. Opssss actually im a 1st time dog owner also. BlushBlush

any Bernese Mountain Dog's owner here? Frown

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 8, 2008, 9:35 PM

Post #2 of 25 (2851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wahthye] im totally NEW! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hey im new in this forum. Opssss actually im a 1st time dog owner also. BlushBlush

any Bernese Mountain Dog's owner here? Frown

hi...my neighbour do hv a B.Mountain dog...is giant size...but it was cute...Wink

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2008, 10:02 PM

Post #3 of 25 (2846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bonniecham] im totally NEW! [In reply to] Can't Post

wow tht cool..... im looking for BMD owner. need some guide from them coz my Max's back leg got some prob FrownFrown

yeah my BMD is 5 months now, but is huge!!! so cute and always make me happy n pamper him. hehe

poor him, his back legs is not enough strength and walk a bit cacat la... hope he can recover lor.

where u stay? hehe if u dont mind to tell me

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 10, 2008, 8:52 AM

Post #4 of 25 (2803 views)
Shortcut

erm...mayb u can bring ur dog to the doctor and hv a x-ray for the leg...
i heart b4 tat normally large breed dog will hv a pro at back leg... u can feed ur doggie high kalsium vitamin or else...

i do gv my dog alot of kalsium vitamin, fish oil... Frown

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 10, 2008, 7:07 PM

Post #5 of 25 (2789 views)
Shortcut

yeah i give the best glucosamine to him. hope he can improve la.

yeah i ask vet, he said need to c another 2 more months, then c how wor... mmmm

now is slightly better la, coz walk walk wt him everymorning n evening. hehe

ur neighbour's dog got the prob?

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2008, 4:38 AM

Post #6 of 25 (2776 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!

Wow! 1st time dog owner already get XXL size dog huh! admired u leh. I am also a 1st time owner but I owned a L size dog, doberman

I hope your dog's problem was not Hip Dysplasia (HD). HD is a passed on from parent dog. It is very common among big dog like yours and mine too.

I would advice you to check with the owner who sell the dog to you to check if the parent or grand parent have this HD problem.

If a dog found to have HD, it should not be allow to breed the next generation. Some irresponsible dog breeders just want to make fast money by producing as many puppies as possible without considering the health quality of dog.

If you want to know more about HD, you can google search it! Good Luck!!!!

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 11, 2008, 9:07 AM

Post #7 of 25 (2765 views)
Shortcut

erm...not sure coz he size is huge...and alwaz laying at floor...

one of my frenz own a golden retriver her dog oso hv tis problem ooo...

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 11, 2008, 11:36 PM

Post #8 of 25 (2742 views)
Shortcut

no diff between XXL n L size la.... i do not dare to give so much food. im worry hes too heavy or over weight. hehe

yeah im waiting to collect my BMD's cert lor. mmm hope he dont hv HD prob la. if got... really pity my baby lor. always wish he got improvement. some ppl said he might got this prob becoz stay in cage for too long wor. aiya

aiya my puppy also always laying on the floor like "sei kou". hehe wonder y and issit big dog really like tht. hehe

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 12, 2008, 2:12 AM

Post #9 of 25 (2731 views)
Shortcut

i tink so...big size breed quite lazy hehe Frown ...

they need mo excesive then normal and small breed... i bring my lOnglOng hv a 30min & 45min walk and run everyday...ooo coz she seem so like it... large breed need 180min per day...if nt will easy go> fat hehe Sly

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 12, 2008, 5:04 AM

Post #10 of 25 (2727 views)
Shortcut

ur longlong.... cute name. large breed also?

yeah i walk walk wt my dog every morning n evening. last time walked 100 meters, he already tired n lazy. now much more better; can run and jump but he still a bit scare with steps n staircase. dare to go up, not dare to come down. hehe

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 12, 2008, 8:49 AM

Post #11 of 25 (2716 views)
Shortcut

yea Wink lOnglOng is the one i display pix at forum lolx... she is a mix breed, but i duno which mix which.... ^^ coz i found her at the factory who's hiding there... so i take her home till nw she oledi wif me almost 2 year time... she is belover...haha

LongLong is medium and short but long dog ...haha!something like dush but face like corgi hehe...Frown

i got another one is miniature schanzer called LingLing... so become LingLingLOngLOng....

i tink u hv 2 train ur dog step staircase n car...

my frenz golden retriver hv tis kind of case... duno how 2 step staircase & car... is making us alot of trouble...haiz!!! anyway cant blame her coz her mother no train her oso...bcoz scare her floor down lalx...tis lalx that lalx...is not a good idea...coz she dog is getting big n big ...i hv 2 idea how 2 carry it's....

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 12, 2008, 6:19 PM

Post #12 of 25 (2689 views)
Shortcut

hehe cute linglinglonglong.... hehe

yeah la need to train, but i worry he fall down from the staircase. hehe my puppy very clever to climb into mycar n staircase, but not dare to come down only. hehe so funny huh~

wah ur longlong must be damn good life lor, im sure u r good mother to ur both linglong. hehe

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 12, 2008, 10:59 PM

Post #13 of 25 (2674 views)
Shortcut

haha..no need worry so much...dun worry be happy ^^ anyway my lOnglOng like superwoman everdy jump here jump thr...hyperactive... Unsure so me oledi biasa lx...

you oso is good dad...hehe XD

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 13, 2008, 5:21 AM

Post #14 of 25 (2666 views)
Shortcut

aiya sometimes hyperactive dog damn cute.... FrownFrown at least can make u happy ma. hehe

my dog only lay on the floor... not active at all but only show those cute face. BAN KE AI. hehe FrownFrown

bonniecham
Novice

Oct 13, 2008, 7:25 PM

Post #15 of 25 (2645 views)
Shortcut

happy is happy but beside happy oso suffer...haha

she oni scare my rotan non me...Frown

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Oct 14, 2008, 12:53 AM

Post #16 of 25 (2633 views)
Shortcut

hehe i also got rotan for my dog. purposely buy those hantam lalat one for him FrownFrown sometimes i even use my hand la.... already cant tahan then straight hantam.

y when i slap or dog, he smiling one? i also cannot tahan him.... so weird

myzanordin
ALPHA

Oct 14, 2008, 1:36 AM

Post #17 of 25 (2630 views)
Shortcut

Your dog must have cost u a bomb. The last time i heard Pet shop was selling this breed for 6K. Anyways, congrat for being a dog owner. My advise to you on the leg problem. Don take it lightly, as it might be HD and if its not cured, your dog will be paralyzed. I am not trying to scare you but I have seen a few big dogs that have uncured HD.

A lot of dog owner of this problem, been seeing Dr. Yeoh of Taman Megah. Heard he is able to give you the best advise. Imagine, your dog is going to grow to about more the 50 kilo, and having difficulty to walk....(poor thing).

Taking Glucosamine, might, help a bit..but there's more to it. Even my small toy min. pin is taking Glucosamin to maintain their small skinny back leg....and I think your dog is lazy cos the weather here is too hot and they rather not do anything...like some St. Bernard too...

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2008, 5:25 AM

Post #18 of 25 (2617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] im totally NEW! [In reply to] Can't Post

Agreed with Myzanordin! Pls send your dog for HD checkup or check with the breeder to confirm that your dog's parent or grand parent did not have trace of HD.

Anyway, Good Luck!

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 15, 2008, 4:25 AM

Post #19 of 25 (2592 views)
Shortcut

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Your dog issue : do not walk it when it has leg problem, do not let it run/walk on slippery floors and no stair climbing. Please also note, do not over feed your dog and you need not have to wait to get your puppy X-rayed. If you wish to chat contact me, liteweimer@ yahoo .com All the best to you and your pup.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 15, 2008, 4:08 PM

Post #20 of 25 (2579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] im totally NEW! [In reply to] Can't Post

I dunno bout being lazy but I believe food might have something to do with it. I feel my old lady is much livelier after I give her raw food. She like become young again.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Cheah&Cookie
New User

Mar 1, 2009, 8:52 PM

Post #21 of 25 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Hi. I am a member since last year but never post before. My family has a Bernese, named Cookie. She is now about 15 months old and is our first pet. She is so adorable, a huge gentle giant and so huggable. Luckily for me, so far she is problem free. Is your pet well now?

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Mar 2, 2009, 2:22 AM

Post #22 of 25 (2100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cheah&Cookie] im totally NEW! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello Cheah/Cookie :P

Max is going 10 months old soon. hehe yeah mine one also adorable but not sure hes consider huge or not, coz never compare wt other BMD

eh! Cookie.... so familiar. i think i heard one lady @ Ikano talk about ur Cookie. Frown

i sent Max for Xray last few months ago. Doc just said wait n control his food until he growing up. i think i need to send him for another xray checkup when he reach 18months.

how to contact u? any Cookie's pic? so hard to find BMD owner here Frown

Cheah&Cookie
New User

Mar 2, 2009, 4:54 AM

Post #23 of 25 (2092 views)
Shortcut

Must be my Cookie the Ikano lady is talking about. I got her from Ikano. Cookie is about 33kg now n its good not to overfed before its bone is strong enough to support the weight. I hv plenty photos n u can contact me via my email gohjeanny@yahoo.co.uk

There are not many BMD in Msia. It is so expensive and high maintenance too. The weather is too hot for this breed.

Cheah&Cookie
New User

Mar 2, 2009, 5:09 AM

Post #24 of 25 (2090 views)
Shortcut

Hi, read yr reply to wahthye. I hv a BMD. Wonder who yr neighbour is. Would like to get to know him n his BMD. I am living in Kota Damansara.

wahthye
Dog Kichi

Mar 2, 2009, 6:44 AM

Post #25 of 25 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cheah&Cookie] im totally NEW! [In reply to] Can't Post

ok n my email is gohwahthye

i stay in bukit rahman putra, SB. oh yeah... my son is so high maintenance!!!!! one day meal might cost more than me. hehe

yeah... last time forgot to ask Bonnie where she stay, n where is the BMD. Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my