IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
What is the procedure if I want to bring along my furkid to overseas

FLK

Sep 10, 2008, 8:02 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1527 views)
Shortcut
What is the procedure if I want to bring along my furkid to overseas Can't Post

Does anyone know how to bring along my furkid to overseas ? What is the procedure and how much is the cost ? and also what is the requirement ? Who should I refer to ? Please give me some advise. Thank you.

(This post was edited by FLK on Sep 10, 2008, 8:06 AM)

princezzpam
Novice

Oct 14, 2008, 8:00 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FLK] What is the procedure if I want to bring along my furkid to overseas [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yea i also intend to bring my doggies with me overseas when i migrate. So far, all i've found online is that country's requirements. I think if your are migrating, u need to get a migration agent who can help you find a vet, etc for health clearance and permits. Wont be cheap. A couple of hundred, almost a thousand, actually. Plus quarantine charges.

kajol333
Novice

Dec 5, 2008, 5:43 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princezzpam] What is the procedure if I want to bring along my furkid to overseas [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe it depends on the country you are taking your dog to. Some countries are very backward and probably don't have good facilities at their quarantine centre. Also the staff could be inefficient.

Still, I think it is very admirable that you would take your dog with you. Many irresponsible people dump their pets when they go abroad or even move to apartments. They should ask themselves the question that if it were their child, would they dump it that way?

My advise is to visit the dog regularly at the quarantine centre and be friendly to the staff to ensure they know you are a foreigner who takes a strong interest in the well being of your dog. Also take your own food and try and coax the staff to say the dog may starve if not given the food he is used to.

Also make sure you check with Malaysian officials and the officials in the other country where you are taking your dog on the exact documents you need. My friend who was a medical student in Russia had grave problems when she brought her pet Russian cat over. The Malaysian authorities insisted one document was missing and refused to release the cat, threatening to put it down or issue a huge penalty sum as a fine. She came crying to me saying that to the best of her knowledge she did everything according to the procedures, but all the documents are in Russian as well and she has no way of understanding what they say.

I managed to help her get the cat out. So you will need to ensure all documents are in order. There is an Animal Hotel in Putrajaya that very efficient as far as I heard and top notch. It's the world's one and only 6 star Animal Hotel. They regularly transport animals from one country to another. Do call them and check on what you need to do. I'm sure they will be able to advise. Tel : 8777 1847

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my