Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
help my puppy.......

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 1, 2008, 12:00 PM

Post #1 of 14 (4472 views)
Shortcut
help my puppy....... Can't Post

Hi.We got an emergency here! Me(Cass) and my wife (Avelynn) from Kedah has bought a new Golden Retriever puppy (Luffy) 7 days ago. Luffy was 56days old when we brought him home, moderate puppy size, moderate health.
Luffy ate a lot and grew fast for 2-3 days but since 4th day(28 Aug 08) he has been vomiting and passing liquid poops (diarrhea). We visited a veterinarian in the neighborhood and got Luffy injected. We waited for good sign but his condition seems worsening. No appetite at all and the diarrhea still going on. We were so worried of dehydration might follow.
Until 31 Aug 08, Luffy passed poops with blood clot /blood jelly. We were shocked and rushing 4 medication. Unfortunately, the vet is on vacation. All vet in Alor Setar, Sungai Petani, Prai and Bukit Mertajam closed. Filitergetting more and more skinny and exhausted. We might lost him. Somebody out there please help.

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 1, 2008, 1:01 PM

Post #2 of 14 (4466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cass Lee] help my puppy....... [In reply to] Can't Post

please, got any vet can be recommended in kedah state, or penang, or butterworth?????
for few days i cant sleep well, so am my puppy........
for the 1st two days, he is very bz body but rite now, i wish he can also........

bout every hour i need to force him to eat....
its told by the vets, ... i am not dare to sleep well.....
i am so worry and also so scare.........

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 1, 2008, 2:50 PM

Post #3 of 14 (4460 views)
Shortcut
S.O.S. Puppy in danger!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

We did some search on Parvo virus which the vet pronounced. We have not give up yet. Somebody please help. We are looking forward for some helpful recommendations.

(This post was edited by Cass Lee on Sep 1, 2008, 3:22 PM)

FLK

Sep 6, 2008, 8:19 AM

Post #4 of 14 (4356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cass Lee] S.O.S. Puppy in danger!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Parvo Virus is a type of virus that the puppy will get if the puppy did not do any vaccination. Parvo Virus a very common virus. The puppy will die easily if it has infected by the Parvo Virus. That's why it is very important to do the vaccination for the puppy. If your puppy vomiting or diarrhea because of food poisoning, you may feed it with charcoal immediately. But if your puppy's pooh has blood then I suspected that it may has some hook worms in its body, it is very dangerous if it has hook worms, you have to look for the vet. You must deworm it with the deworming tablet. Please refer to the vet for the tablet because not all type of deworming tablet can kill the hook worms.

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 7, 2008, 9:16 AM

Post #5 of 14 (4305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FLK] S.O.S. Puppy in danger!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

sorry for late update......
my boy luffy pass away on 2nd sept morning at the clinic....
before that the vets check for the parvovirus, its -tive...
i had no others choice but i really need to dissection , the report haven come out yet, but according to the doc , its parvovirus -tive, no sign of hook worm, no round worm, didnt got any worm.....
and the doc also wonder how can it be, nothing to do but to wait for the report only....

Now, my 2nd boy Zoro, start to appear the sign like luffy before, diarrhea & blood in stools but no vomit.
i am so scare..... find another few vets but all just ask me to wait...
parvovirus -tive also, no worm, temperature ok....
everything ok...
now for every 2 hours i need to feed my poor little zoro...

harky
Novice

Sep 11, 2008, 8:22 AM

Post #6 of 14 (4242 views)
Shortcut

hmmmmmmmm
got ask vet to do a stool test??

maybe puppy ate some dirty thing...

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 12, 2008, 10:58 AM

Post #7 of 14 (4224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [harky] S.O.S. Puppy in danger!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

the stool test, blood test, virus test all done.
everything seem ok. Frown

rite now my boy (zoro) is much better.
become "kpc"again, i am so happy as he could .

but now, i am afraid to bath him, the vet said at the moment i bath him, the immune system become low, the vet recomment me to bath him bout 1 week later when he fully recovery. he didnt bath for almost 2 weeks already, Frown

harky
Novice

Sep 12, 2008, 9:28 PM

Post #8 of 14 (4206 views)
Shortcut

u can clean him using wet cloth

what is kpc..Wink

zephyros
Canine Addict

Sep 18, 2008, 11:14 PM

Post #9 of 14 (4024 views)
Shortcut

not bathing is ok when the dog is not well. either u bear with the smell or bear losing the dog. ur pick.

also not sure if u read about the virus properly, they are VERY hardy and can live for long long periods. SO i STRONGLY advice u to sterilize your home where ur sick pup once played. And from what I understood, the only way to do this is with Bleach.

EricYip
Novice

Sep 21, 2008, 6:22 AM

Post #10 of 14 (3949 views)
Shortcut

Get a good vet is always a wise move to keep track on your dog's health conditions. If you want some Frownrecommendations of vets from Penang pls refer to this link http://www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=243186;page=1;mh=-1;;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC

Not forgetting to get your dog some supplement food to enhance the immune system, I can suggest [cool2] Vetri DMG ( buy it from any vet clinic) and IN ( in Pg, the Toby Pet Shop and Chew Thian Yang) these two brands. I am giving my dogs supplement food daily to build their immune system.

[;)] Hope that you will find the link and my suggestions helpful!

Cheers![paw16]

Cass Lee
Novice

Sep 28, 2008, 2:26 AM

Post #11 of 14 (3781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EricYip] help my puppy....... [In reply to] Can't Post

We received the postmortem report of Luffy , -ve distemper, -ve parvo, -ve corona, -ve hookworm, roundworm...... no sign of rotten intestine Frown the vet in Jabatan Haiwan conclude the case as ""stressed"" Crazy Stress??????????
Our puppies are staying in air con room, we give Royal Canin, free to run in a room, with companion, with toys, sufficient water, regular checkup with vet........ BUT why stress?????? What's going wrong??????

myzanordin
ALPHA

Sep 29, 2008, 7:59 PM

Post #12 of 14 (3663 views)
Shortcut

Jabatan haiwan? I dont trust them at all...If its ok, drive down to KL and visit some of the recommended vet here. We have quite a handful of good vet here.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Sep 30, 2008, 8:01 PM

Post #13 of 14 (3605 views)
Shortcut

wah u requested for a post-mortem to be done or what? I didnt know they will do post-mortem here in malaysia on dogs.....

Sorry ah, havent been following exactly what is going on.

Anyway myza is right. I also wont trust the govn side ppl. I'll seek for second opinion. Aiyo if the govn side ppl can be trusted ah, i wont have to make like a million calls to the quarantine centre when i was about to fly my dog home lah fearing they might FFK me.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

harky
Novice

Oct 5, 2008, 11:59 AM

Post #14 of 14 (3346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] help my puppy....... [In reply to] Can't Post

Royal Canin?? not a gd food.. pls change..
if u dont believe me try to taste it using ur tougue it salty

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my