Alternative Punishment for dog who poo poo everywhere

euthanasia
New User

Aug 29, 2008, 2:06 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3870 views)
Shortcut
Alternative Punishment for dog who poo poo everywhere Can't Post

Hi guys,

My baby chi hua hua , T-Rex, of 4 months is in the process of being toilet trained. However some times he don't get it right. Sometimes he poopoo and pee pee all in the kitchen, under the dinner table, carpet, you name it.

Everytime i catch it poo poo or peeepee outside of the toilet, i will catch him and put him right infront of the poo poo and pee pee and smack his backside while scolding him. Then i lock him inside the toilet to show him where he should poo or pee.

The thing is, i feel sakit hati having to hit him everytime he does that and that would be on a daily basis. but then again i feel the need to discipline him. I've also read that if we hit him often he will grow up to be very naughty and rebellious.

ANY alternative to disciplining them without resorting to hitting? I'm at end's wit. THANKS A BUNCH

NICK

diepretty
Novice

Sep 5, 2008, 9:49 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [euthanasia] Alternative Punishment for dog who poo poo everywhere [In reply to] Can't Post

One alternative is to lock him up in the crate for a few minutes as a means of punishment. This is assuming you catch him pee/pooing at the wrong place. It also has to be done after you scold him - you have to in some way show your displeasure!

meithin
New User

Sep 11, 2008, 6:16 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [euthanasia] Alternative Punishment for dog who poo poo everywhere [In reply to] Can't Post

I think whatever you did was one of a good way to correct him, scold in a firm voice and hit him till he could feel the pain (not to wack him lah), and the most important is your eye contact with him. If he is not looking at you, make sure you hold him so he can see your eyes. Scold him again, and make sure you show him a firm look, you can let him go if he is trying to avoid your eye contact (that means he is sorry for the mistake- like how little kid will avoid your eye when they are sorry). Im using this way with my 2 months old Maltipoo, it works. :)

Again, you have to always be aware of his attitude (circle around and sniffing), quickly bring him to where he should go potty. Then praise for good work.

I hope it helps you too. Good Luck!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my