tehkath
Novice

Aug 16, 2008, 5:31 AM

Post #27 of 32 (549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris_hew01] Future Doggie Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi,

Probably u can try to take lab as ur pet companion cause its very friendly and lovely.I know that u were probably go to work and less attention during ur working hours but after ur bz time u can alwayz play with them.The only iomportant that is u need to feed them in appropriate time.Let some toy for them went u r not in that time and spend at least 15 mins to play with them when u r back.

P/s : Do u have any id that we can chat for us to share our dog experiences

Christine

Hi Christine,

you can reach me thru msn with the id of tehka or ym with katherine_teh

let me know yours.

happy weekend,

kath

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2008, 5:55 AM

Post #28 of 32 (547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tehkath] Future Doggie Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Christine,

I see. But i tot that GS is also good with kids as well. Just that lab and GR is more tolerant to kids. GR and lab are more melody and goofy type of dogs. While rottweiler, doberman and gs are more of guard dog type. does your friend breed for GS as well?

my friend's has 2 rott and 3 dober at her home in kkb. i went to her house once and it takes 3 of them (my friend, her sis and her bro) to pin down her rott in order for us to go into her house. but when her father was around, he just need to pinch the rott's ears. really is looks who is the boss.

tehkath,

yeah! my dog is doberman, named Rolex,..."watch dog" mah! It is my personal body guard too.

Presently, Your friend's father is the alpha dog (pack leader) and your friend (include his sis & bro) and the dogs are of same ranking now. That's why the dog treat your friend (sis & bro) like that. Your friend (sis & bro too) need to upgrade their ranking higher than the dogs lah. Otherwise, same thing will happen if you go to your friend's house. I guess your friend do not spend enough time feeding or training the dogs, that's why the dogs do not treat them as higher ranking members in the family..

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2008, 6:17 AM

Post #29 of 32 (542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] Future Doggie Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

tehkath,

What type of dog breed you need? It depend what you want your dog for. Dogs like GSD, Dobe, Rottie....are good for protecting your house and family..but need more training and behaviour correction (jump on people, play bites, pulling on leash......) If not properly trained, you have a loose cannon...haha. But, looking at the positive side, imaging a lady walking a big dog at night, no mat rempit will dare to come near u leh....

If you just want dog for companion, then go for Lab, GR...these are very friendly big dogs. Same type of training needed also.

If you go for small dog, it will be easier for you to handle lah....if the dog jump on you, it is cute mah. Just like my silky, I like her to jump on me.......haha.

Anyway, good luck! Hope you find the suitable breed!

http://picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

picasaweb.google.com/ckthee/ROLEXTheWatchDog

tehkath
Novice

Aug 16, 2008, 6:33 AM

Post #30 of 32 (541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vic Tea] Future Doggie Owner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Vic,

Well, my friend's dad is a good guy though. Think it's been some time since I last pay a visit to my friend's place. I think nowadays she goes back every weekend, think the dogs will listen to her better. But she will still lock them in their cage just for safety. However these dogs cannot be locked for long time, they can unlock themselves out from the cage. Seems like the doberman is smarter than rott. At least hers.

chris_hew01
Novice

Aug 20, 2008, 8:11 PM

Post #31 of 32 (484 views)
Shortcut

Hi tehkath,

Lab n Gs were fr the same family, its just that GS had long fur n lab has short fur, but in terms of behaviour is just tat Lab is easily to trained and can be treated as watch dog too.But of course it won't as fierce as those GS or rotweiler.My friend now only have the small type dog n 1 black black Lab in his hand now.

update me when u successful buy a new dog.

my msn would be chris_hew01@hotmail .com

dr_chongbreeder
Novice

Sep 19, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #32 of 32 (382 views)
Shortcut

Im just started selling puppies with FREE veterinary service 24 / 7 ,,what do you think? im a vet..my webbie is petmalaysia.com

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my