Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Which is the dog for me - shih tzu / m.schnauzer ?

dripinrain
New User

Aug 3, 2008, 6:16 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3397 views)
Shortcut
Which is the dog for me - shih tzu / m.schnauzer ? Can't Post

I have my own apartment with 2 housemates who r working, me as well. Previously at my hometown, we have various mongrels & fishes for pets (my father's actually) & i am quite interested to resurrect this hobby rather than sit in front of the tv mostly.

I work 9-5 and has been reading up on the shih tzu & m.sch as well and both of them seems well balanced against each other. I reckon the m.s. is a bit more intelligent than the s.t. but the s.t. definitely wins in terms of adorability (my opinion lah hahaa.. ).

It would b great if the doggy could do some watching over my home when everyone's out & don't make too much noise if i'm not around or else the management will come looking for me and is amenable to learning some tricks.

I hope some s.t. & m.s. owners here can give me some ideas. It has not been easy thinking over this matter as i don't have experience with these dogs.

sandychoong84
New User

Sep 8, 2008, 4:42 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dripinrain] Which is the dog for me - shih tzu / m.schnauzer ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi. i am same as u i recerntly jus got Shih Tzu pup which is 4 months. She is really smart but pups are pups they sleep and love to play.... honestly it will bark when it is alone cos lonely but need training. they need owners who can trust and also feel secure with them. Before i go to work, i will put her in the cage and on a fan for her to prevent her get hot cos hot can kill her... however, she does not like to stay in the cage, so i need to sit a side to read a book to let her understand that i am busy and ready to go out. She barks a while and she will start to play with her toys and slowly fall asleep. she knew i go out and wil not bark. Wink

Cheers,

sandy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my