IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Which class?

Scotch

Jul 30, 2008, 6:08 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1699 views)
Shortcut
Which class? Can't Post

I have a dog, Scotch who is a 1yr+ male mongrel. I'm wondering which class to enroll him for. But I have a problem with him, he is very scared of people. And usually most trainers aren't skilled in how to train a fearful dog. Does anyone know a trainer that can help me with this problem? I will greatly appreaciate it.

At first, I wanted to enroll him for agility, but he has a partially broken back leg. And I think they won't allow him to compete. But he is fine with his leg and can jump at a height of 22 inches without worry. But, like I said I don't think they would let him compete because of his leg. Is this the same for Obedience?

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 4, 2008, 7:58 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scotch] Which class? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. I train with Rajah. Why dont you give him a call. He is good with all dogs.

Scotch's leg is still broken? Why dont you see a vet and fix it? If that's the case, then agility is not recommended for him. However, you can start with Basic OB class first. I saw that you were talking about competing. Are you planning to train Scotch for competition? If yes then he can compete till OB Novice level. Competition levels are Pre-Novice, Novice, Intermediate and Open. For the Intermediate and Open Classes, it involves jumping so it might not be suitable for Scotch. But Pre-Novice and Novice classes does not involve any jumping at all. So if you are interesting in competing, you can compete in those 2 starting levels.

You can call me if you need more information or have questions. My number is 019-2758856.

Scotch

Aug 5, 2008, 4:09 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Which class? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for replying. Smile

Well, actually Scotch's leg is only partially broken. This happened to him before I got him. They told me he got hit twice by a car. The vet said that's the best he can do. It cannot be fixed anymore.

I'm in the middle of getting the vet's full statement or I'll just go to another vet and ask him for his opinion. But from what I see, Scotch's femur bone is fine, it's just the bones after that.

By the way, who is Rajah?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my