Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Injured dog

eksk
New User

Jul 29, 2008, 11:12 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1226 views)
Shortcut
Injured dog Can't Post

Hi i just want to hear from other dog owners who have had accidents happened to their dogs. My mum accidentally ran over my dog left front leg last week Wednesday.

I was so worried but my gf who has had dog since she was a kid says that they recover easily. We did not bring the dog to the vet. Anyway my mom was so guilty about it she massage Max (thats my dog name) leg almost everyday.

We did not bring Max on his daily walks till Sunday , even them there was slight limping. but yesterday he was walking quite normally... I can only shake my head and wonder at a dog healing ability lol... :)

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2008, 11:39 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eksk] Injured dog [In reply to] Can't Post

My personal opinion. Dnt take things for granted. Its safer to go to the vet to see whether the dog is really ok or otherwise. An x-ray wld help. Its better safe than sorry.

Share you my story - My dog have always been fussy about eating. Lately, her habit becomes worst. We tried so many ways to increase her appetite but it didnt work. After a week of trying, we decide to the a blood test. To my surprise, her liver reading went up from normal (30) to 570. Kidney damage ! Now she is on medication and liver patient diet and will have to be checked on weekly basis to monitor the reading.

If I have waited longer and assume she is a fussy eater. start changing food and blah, blah...i cant imagine, what will happen to her now.

Its not easy to fix a problem,when it becomes worst. Y want to go through that? and its best to seek help from the professional-vet. I donno about others, but, I wld do that...

Anyway, just my 2 cent opinion based on my experience.

mizeakira

Jul 30, 2008, 12:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eksk] Injured dog [In reply to] Can't Post

For a peace of mind, I think its better to consult a vet.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my