Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Agility Training:
I Need Help For Toy Poodle Agility Training

Nat&Latte
Novice

Jul 24, 2008, 6:14 AM

Post #1 of 8 (10459 views)
Shortcut
I Need Help For Toy Poodle Agility Training Can't Post

Hi!I'm new here.I got my toy poodle a few weeks ago.Shes 3 months now and I need help training her for agility.I wonder if any of you can help me out here, she can't just have a pretty face but knows nothing.So,please help!!!!

Oh ya,one last thing her pic is my display pic okay?Okay.
Tlee

(This post was edited by Nat&Latte on Jul 24, 2008, 6:32 AM)

Scotch

Jul 24, 2008, 4:54 PM

Post #2 of 8 (10455 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nat&Latte] I Need Help For Toy Poodle Agility Training [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that agility training can only be started once the dog is 1 year old. Don't worry, poodle's are actually very smart. In the meantime, maybe you can start obedience training her.

By the way, she's a very pretty dog.

Nat&Latte
Novice

Jul 24, 2008, 9:39 PM

Post #3 of 8 (10445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scotch] I Need Help For Toy Poodle Agility Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks.By any chance can we be friends Blush ?
Tlee

Nat&Latte
Novice

Jul 24, 2008, 9:58 PM

Post #4 of 8 (10443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scotch] I Need Help For Toy Poodle Agility Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Scotch,I spoke with a professional trainer in Malaysia,and he said that all the booster shots have to be completed then you can take a dog for training.So,I guess if my dog is 3 months now and if shes done with her booster shots means I can take her for training.Thanks anyway it means a lot to me(but I still wanna train in my house first before I take her out) but remember I still need tips to train my dog so you're welcomed to post here !
Tlee

Scotch

Jul 25, 2008, 1:56 PM

Post #5 of 8 (10425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nat&Latte] I Need Help For Toy Poodle Agility Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sure, of course we can be friends.

I appreaciate that you want my advice, but I'm also new to the whole training thing. I got Scotch a year ago. Do you mind telling me what booster shots are?

But if you mean training like sit, down or stay, I may be able to help you. Scotch has already mastered those commands.

If you want your dog to learn more, additional tricks like 'high-five' and 'bow' can also be taught. But I have no experience in training a puppy. I got Scotch when he was 11 months. He didn't know anything then. He didn't even have a name.

As for the agility training, you can do research on them on the internet. There will be a lot of information. From what I read, for the jumping, the dog must be at least 1 year old. But before that, you can try doing the weave poles and such will doesn't require any jumping.

But I think for agility, the dog must know how to 'sit' and 'down'. They must do this on the pause table.

So make sure your doggy knows that, yea.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Scotch

Jul 25, 2008, 1:58 PM

Post #6 of 8 (10424 views)
Shortcut

Oh and I forgot to ask, what is your dog's name?

Nat&Latte
Novice

Aug 2, 2008, 4:52 AM

Post #7 of 8 (10302 views)
Shortcut

Her name is Latte.By the way , I thought her 'sit; and 'here' but i haven't thought her 'stay'.(down is under process :D).Anyway , booster shots are : after initial immunization, a booster injection or booster dose is a re-exposure to the immunizing antigen. It is intended to increase immunity against that antigen back to protective levels after it has been shown to have decreased or after a specified period of time.Looking forward to your reply.
Tlee

Scotch

Aug 5, 2008, 5:56 PM

Post #8 of 8 (10259 views)
Shortcut

What a nice name. Smile

I see she already knows to come. In agility, your dog must have a fairly good recall. Great to hear of her progress.

Let me know about how she's doing with 'down' and 'stay'.

Thanks for that explanation on booster shots. :)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my