Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Malaseb for skin problems?

alxlim51
Novice

Jul 14, 2008, 4:32 AM

Post #1 of 9 (16229 views)
Shortcut
Malaseb for skin problems? Can't Post

Can some experts herew enlightened me on the benefits and effects(pros and cons) of using this Malaseb medicated treatment for skin itchiness/rashes? Anyone tried it before on their furfriends? Is it poisonous to human, is it expensive?

in
Novice

Jul 20, 2008, 5:24 PM

Post #2 of 9 (16139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alxlim51] Malaseb for skin problems? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've used Malaseb on my dog and it works wonders! My dog had skin problems and was always scratching and biting until his skin would bleed. His fur was falling out. He had something that looks like thick dandruff and also he was really stinky! The vet recommended Malaseb. Initially use it twice a week, then once a week and then when the skin has cleared, you can use back your normal dog shampoo but still use the Malaseb either every forthnight or once a month to keep the skin problem at bay.

You can only purchase from the vet, its abut RM40 a bottle. Its a little bit expensive, but it certainly works. You can see the difference immediately, especially the scratching. I highly recommend it!

cutevb19
Novice

Jul 30, 2008, 4:27 PM

Post #3 of 9 (16047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [in] Malaseb for skin problems? [In reply to] Can't Post

alxlim51, have you try this Malaseb yet? is it work?

Im thinking to use is for my dog... cos he has this scratching, biting plus his flacky skin with a danddruff look like....

Do all pet shops sell this Malaseb? do I need to bring my dog along too 4 them to check?

Anderson

Jul 30, 2008, 8:20 PM

Post #4 of 9 (16042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutevb19] Malaseb for skin problems? [In reply to] Can't Post

My Vet recommend this to me too, I bath my pup last sunday and immediately can see the result. RM40??? thats really expensive, can I know how many mL for RM40???

in
Novice

Jul 30, 2008, 8:32 PM

Post #5 of 9 (16039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anderson] Malaseb for skin problems? [In reply to] Can't Post

Its 250ml. Its a little expensive but it works. BTW, you can only buy at the vet.

alxlim51
Novice

Jul 31, 2008, 7:58 AM

Post #6 of 9 (16021 views)
Shortcut

I took my doggie to a government vet. and after examining my dog's skin condition , the doctor said my furkid doesn't need the Malaseb shampoo. She said the skin condition/ small little rashes seen are normal insect bites (maybe, mozzies bite). Said Malaseb is for skin condition that are fungal in nature. like when the doggie likes like lie down on wet dirty floor, when there are pee or poo around. Notice my furkid's skin condition improving as he grows older and gave him lots of salmon fish oil with omega 3, etc.

Anderson

Aug 5, 2008, 4:44 AM

Post #7 of 9 (15978 views)
Shortcut

i found an info saying Tea Tree Oil shampoo can cure dog skin problem, anyone heard about it??

OmgPuppy!

Aug 6, 2008, 8:58 PM

Post #8 of 9 (15932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anderson] Malaseb for skin problems? [In reply to] Can't Post

My dad told me to use 999 soap. Its only RM1.20. But i'm not sure if it works or not. Btw, no harm to try =D

Dead Game and Tryin' to Scratch...
Give me victory or give me death,
I will make history and gain your respect.
Take my lesson, or take my life,
Triumph is blemished in the absence of strife.
I have great pride, for I am unequaled.
Win, lose, or tie, there won't be a sequal.
Its unexplainable and seldom viable,
but I am dead game and thats undeniable...

mindycheah90
New User

Feb 1, 2012, 6:40 AM

Post #9 of 9 (11523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alxlim51] Malaseb for skin problems? [In reply to] Can't Post

The reason why your dog has flaky dandruff thing and he is constantly scratching is because he has demodicosis, which unfortunately is being passed down by its parents but it will not infect other dogs EXCEPT newborn puppies. And do use Malaseb because that is the one shampoo that works. My GSD has demodicosis and many patches of her fur was scratched off by her and now she has a beautiful coat thanks to Malaseb.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my