Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #1 of 159 (4858 views)
Shortcut
Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? Can't Post

Notice that my dog's teeth (especially on the upper part) are turning yellowish! EEK!!! How do I get rid of them? Buy an Oral B tooth brush and start brushing with water? Any expert with good effective advise out there to help? Sly

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 6:31 PM

Post #2 of 159 (4855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jaz, Smile

according to my vet, any toothbrush is fine (even human ones) but you must get those with the soft bristles. Preferably get the children ones. He said it works the same but if you have the $$$ to splurge, then can get the doggie toothbrushes.

And you can't use colgate/darlie/sparkle on our doggies cause the dunno how to spit it out! Laugh Too much flouride if swallowed can be harmful and sometimes fatal. They do have doggie toothpaste in the petshops. However, my vet's advice again, if you brush your dogs teeth with a brush and water every day u don't need the toothpaste actually. Wink

SInce we're at the topic of doggie's teeth, yesterday Tyler was playing with Sparkle and when sparkle wanted to jump up to snatch the ball from Tyler, he accidentally bit Tyler. Guess what? Both got injured....Tyler's finger bled and Sparkle lost a tooth!! Laugh Laugh Laugh I very 'sim tia' but half of me couldn't stop laughing...cause they were playing so rough and the next minute both bleeding one from finger one from mouth.

Just wondering...are dogs like humans too? if they lose their permanent teeth will it grow back again? hahahaha if not Sparkle will have a toothless grin forever!! hahaha Laugh Btw, the teeth was hanging losely and he used his tongue to make it come off and then he swallowed it Crazy

ckbeep

Jun 12, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 159 (4853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I think dogs does lose their tooth as well... i remember sometime 2 months ago, my dog Elmo - a 7 months Shih Tzu now, does lose his tooth and it was on the floor. I still have it. Is it recommeded that puppy also have their tooth brushed?

CkBeep

wkser
ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #4 of 159 (4851 views)
Shortcut

hi jaz,

white teethWinkSmile you cannot used darlie or colgate for your furkids,you can get those toothpaste from the petshop or you can give them Oral Care by Science DietWinkSmile is a treat.

regards
kangser and nous

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 7:13 PM

Post #5 of 159 (4851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Morning Cshellz,

hhmmpphh.. that's what I thought too.. just brushing constantly would perhaps do the trick or buy those pedigree chewable bone thingy to help clean Jaz's teeth! Thanks for the advice! Will do as you say!

Oh, I had an experience once, whereby I played with Jaz and all of a sudden she stopped and "ppthhuuii" out came her tooth! hahahhaha!!! me and Jaz was just shock Shocked and both of us stared at the tooth she just spited out! ahhahahahha!!! I think they are just like kids, they have their toothing time.. and will change when they are a puppy... but i think in Sparkle's case, it might not grow back.. maybe can implant a fake one! Laugh

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 7:33 PM

Post #6 of 159 (4847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

Oral Care by Science Die... that's a good idea.. is it something like those chewable bones?? I use to give Jaz those from Pedigree.. she seems to love them!!!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 8:36 PM

Post #7 of 159 (4840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ckbeep] Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ckbeep, Smile

yep, puppies like us humans will lose their puppy teeth as well. But this one that came out was his permanent teeth...hehe it was just growing out! hahaha.. He'll be toothless there forever I guess and serves him right cause he loves to bite whenever he gets a little too excited! Actually not bite but he nips at us for attention like "me! throw the ball to MMEEEE!!! here!!" that kinda thing...hehe

it's better to start brushing as early as possible so that they can get used to u jabbing something into their mouth. With my first dog he wouldn't let me do it. So I started it with Sparkle young, when he was 3 months (got a lot of tips from the sifus in this forum too!! hehe) Wink Now he enjoys the brushing session and all I have to do is hold the tooth brush and he seems to enjoy brushing his own teeth by chewing on the bristles....even knows how to alternate left and right teeth and allows me time to change the position from top to bottom! hahahaTongueCool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 8:43 PM

Post #8 of 159 (4839 views)
Shortcut

Hi jaz, Smile

Yah other than brushing his teeth, I also bought one of those oral bones. It comes in a shape of a bone but has stuff sticking out all over it...heheh can imagine ah? It's supposed to clean their teeth when they chew. I don't regret buying it cause it keeps him entertained for hours! Either that or I have a puppy who's obsessed with having a nice set of teeth!! hahaha....that explains why he merajuk-ed for so long after his teeth came out and demanded that we manja him back. I think he was in shock....not leng chai anymore lor...Tongue

Ya lor...I think cannot grow back liao la....we even took a picture of it! haha let me get Tyler to upload it!! hehehe... so young got to put dentures, kesian ler...LaughLaugh but not I think of it also i cannot stop laughing!! hahaha Laugh

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #9 of 159 (4834 views)
Shortcut

Yeah! that's a great idea to have the photo posted up! when you do, let me know! ha! ha! by the way how old is Tyler? If it's not too old, there could be a chance for the teeth to grow back *i think* Crazy I'll get Lulugurl to get that from the pet shop Laugh

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #10 of 159 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Alamak!! BlushBlush hehe TYLER is my bf. He took the picture of Sparkle.

SPARKLE is my puppy leh hehehehe LaughLaughLaugh Sparkle is 4 months old, non-pedigreed Japanese Spitz Tongue

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 10:52 PM

Post #11 of 159 (4827 views)
Shortcut

ahahhahah!!! So sorry about the confusion!! Now I got it loud and clear. Then what is your name by the way Wink? Mine is Lisa and I own an Aust Silky Terrier name Jaz Laugh

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 10:56 PM

Post #12 of 159 (4826 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa,

My name's Michelle Smile hehe..I kinda figured out from all the posts that lulugurl (eve) is ur sister and u both share Jaz?? Tongue

(This post was edited by cshellz on Jun 12, 2003, 11:03 PM)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 11:04 PM

Post #13 of 159 (4823 views)
Shortcut

Very smart Michelle! Yeap, Eve is my younger sister and we both own Jaz Sly. Jaz's a bitch, she's about one and a half years old... still a junior ler.. very cheeky

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #14 of 159 (4821 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa... Smile

Cheeky but can still win at her first show wor....hehehe Tongue

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 11:39 PM

Post #15 of 159 (4821 views)
Shortcut

Ha! Ha! I think lady luck was besides us when Jaz went into the ring. Jaz and Eve makes up a very good partner especially when it comes to heeling. I think thanks to the obedient classes that Jaz goes to every Sunday Laugh. This really comes as a pleasant surprise!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2003, 8:55 AM

Post #16 of 159 (4797 views)
Shortcut

hey there,

Abt brushing teeth.

Well, if u are having problems with the toothbrush(careful with the gums), you can use a cloth. Just put toothpaste on the cloth and rub it on the teeth.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 16, 2003, 4:53 PM

Post #17 of 159 (4795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Colgate / Darlie / Sparkle - on our dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you actually tried that on your dog? using toothpaste? they have advise me not to use that as it could turn out to be harmful to them!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 16, 2003, 7:28 PM

Post #18 of 159 (4790 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa,

You can get toothpaste for doggies from petshops too. I think you can purchase online from puppy.com too Wink These toothpaste are different from our colgate/darlie/sparkle

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2003, 10:16 PM

Post #19 of 159 (4786 views)
Shortcut

Yea, use the doggy toothpaste Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 4:50 PM

Post #20 of 159 (4775 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lisa, Smile

the pic of Sparkle has been approved by Mr Khoo. Tongue Check out:

http://photogallery.pets2u.com.my/...photo.php?photo=1803

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #21 of 159 (4773 views)
Shortcut

Hi Michelle!

Saw it! aawww.. poor thing, must have hurt Sparkle quite abit... whole tooth came out.. I hope it grows back!! By the way, are you going for the Ipoh Show?Cool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 5:08 PM

Post #22 of 159 (4772 views)
Shortcut

hi Jaz, Smile

Won't be going for the Ipoh Show. Frown I will be away for holiday

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 5:12 PM

Post #23 of 159 (4770 views)
Shortcut

Oh, right. Then have a good time in Japan then!!! I won't be going either FrownFrown.. but Lulugurl will still take Jaz to the show...

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 5:43 PM

Post #24 of 159 (4768 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I just read from the other thread that you're going away on business....but anyway, you can still fuss around Jaz before the show!! Tongue Well, best of luck to Eve and Jaz and hope they will come back with more good news!! Wink

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #25 of 159 (4767 views)
Shortcut

Hhmmpphh.. i think it's not going to be that easy this round.. heard alot of tough competitor Unsure... But what the heck, they are there for a good time... Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my