Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Getting a puppy for us (new owner)

keta
New User

Jul 7, 2008, 7:38 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1621 views)
Shortcut
Getting a puppy for us (new owner) Can't Post

Hello, this is my first time posting here.

Me and my girlfriend had been planning on getting a puppy/dog soon or in the future.

We are both working, and alternate in staying at mine and her place. Sometime at home, we have to help out our family. And frankly, we are short of time mostly.

I wanted to know which is the best way of having a puppy for us?

I was planning of having the puppy at my place, since I can be at home during the meal time (also close to my work place) to feed the puppy, and my family member can help out as well.

Would it be nice if I have the puppy cage while everyone is out working? Am considering getting a bigger cage for the puppy which can divide the cage for place to sleep, eat, and poo.

I need more feedback on this, since I'm new with puppy/dog.

Btw, will a pekingese puppy suitable for us?

Thank you all for your time. Smile

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2008, 6:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keta] Getting a puppy for us (new owner) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi keta,

I think if you want to have a furkid, you'll need to allocate more time to be with it. Not just the meal times. You will definately need to spend time with it to housebreak it as well. And by just having designated areas for it will not be enough. Furkids do need companionship too. Otherwise they will turn out to be monsters because of neglect - it is also cruel to leave it alone in a cage for most of the time.

It is ok if both you & your gf are working but do spend time with it once you're home. And also be prepared that you need to adjust your social schedule once you have a furkid, it will take alot of your time and patience for the 1st couple of months - Mine had been changed to drastically accomodate it since 5 months ago.

And yes it is ok to cage it when you're out or at work, you wouldn't wanna come home to see everything in a mess.

As for the right breed, you will 1st need to come to an agreement with your gf that you will need to allocate enough time to spend with your furkid before choosing the right breed. Because all the breeds will need your time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my