chow chow gang

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

kaxen
Novice

Jul 7, 2008, 7:21 PM

Post #1 of 57 (14980 views)
Shortcut
chow chow gang Can't Post

Why here dont have a chow chow gang? Can someone create please.

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 8, 2008, 3:58 PM

Post #2 of 57 (14953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaxen] chow chow gang [In reply to] Can't Post

i`m chow chow lover too.....hope to meet up more chow chow lover here. Here is one of my chow breeding that i had send to HongKong..photo below
Attachments: Dreamer.jpg (42.6 KB)

kaxen
Novice

Jul 8, 2008, 5:55 PM

Post #3 of 57 (14947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Desdobe] chow chow gang [In reply to] Can't Post

wow.. your chow chow so cute.. Izzit a white 1?

kaxen
Novice

Jul 8, 2008, 6:01 PM

Post #4 of 57 (14946 views)
Shortcut

here r mine.
Attachments: Image11051.jpg (49.8 KB)

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 8, 2008, 8:00 PM

Post #5 of 57 (14942 views)
Shortcut

Yes is in cream color and here myRed chow.. He is full brother of number 1 female chow at state on year 2006 and 2007.
Attachments: Knight 027.jpg (236 KB)

kaxen
Novice

Jul 10, 2008, 6:16 PM

Post #6 of 57 (14858 views)
Shortcut

this forum so short of chow chow owner ar?

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 10, 2008, 9:04 PM

Post #7 of 57 (14845 views)
Shortcut

Maybe some chow chow owner not free to cht here lerr

kaxen
Novice

Jul 11, 2008, 1:55 AM

Post #8 of 57 (14833 views)
Shortcut

hi desdobe how many time u bath your chow chow?

alxlim51
Novice

Jul 11, 2008, 6:34 AM

Post #9 of 57 (14827 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I am a first time user of this forum so bear with me with my ignorance.

My daughter adopted a mixed-breed male chow chow puppy, almost 4 months old now; on adoption the puppy was only 2 months old. He is mostly cared for by my wife, and the whole family loves the puppy like crazy, so if any new problems crop up (like rashes appearing, refusal to eat,etc) everyone fusses over the pup like crazy. FrownLately, , it starts to shed its fur heavily. This never happened before since we adopted the puppy. Shedding fur on its own and the more grooming we do to it, the more it sheds. Is it normal? FYI, we are giving it the same food from the very beginning. Puppy milk called Milkodog that costs .RM150/= per kilo tin, dogfood like Blackwood and Purina One, rice and bread.We were asked by the vet. to bathe it once fortnightly, and the pet shop said, it should be once a week. So we bathed it once a week, but still it is smelly sometimes. We use a mild puppy shampoo by Purina, alternating with another shampoo with Neem oil extract(supposedly to keep away mozzies) from Australia. To all you sifu here, are we doing the correct thing?

kaxen
Novice

Jul 11, 2008, 5:37 PM

Post #10 of 57 (14806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alxlim51] chow chow gang [In reply to] Can't Post

how come your 4 month puppy still drink the milk. you should stop it and you an change the your dog food to orijen or something better. my chow chow is almost 7 month but it shed his fur little bit only. maybe you can also give him a fish oil( for puppy 1 ). the smell usually come from the saliva. you can wipe its neck using wet tower. for shampoo, chow chow cant use the conditioner 1. you might need to buy a deodorize shampoo+a special conditioner for chow chow. do your have pic puppy? its a mix breed between wat breed and chow chow?

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 11, 2008, 10:02 PM

Post #11 of 57 (14789 views)
Shortcut

I just bath my chow every 2 week once as i always bloom their coat to make sure is dry. I can`t help or give any comment for our freind here that had mix breed. I can said our freind need to give his puppies low protein dog food and bath his 2 times a week to make sure his chow is clean.

alxlim51
Novice

Jul 12, 2008, 5:47 AM

Post #12 of 57 (14770 views)
Shortcut

Thanks so much for your reply. The chow puppy was given to my wife by our friendly neighbour when her chow chow gave birth to 4 puppies, so we don't really know the puppies were sired by what dog breed, other than that the dame is a chow.It looks like having either some golden/beagle looks with its floppy ears. Will post some photos for you to help ascertain in future.Can you please give me the name of the conditioner specially formulated for chow? The shampoos we currently are using do not contain any conditioner.We are so worry with the amount of fur it is shedding daily. You also recommended Origen dogfood, but I was informed that Origen is a high-protein kibble, and on the other hand, "Desbode" recommended a low-protein dietCrazy. Blackwood kibble/dogfood is supposedly a premier brand product from USA.So I am sorta confused now.Next, I will buy the pup some "fish oil for puppy "when we next go to the pet shop.Any pearticular brand?My wife sorta wash/mop the pup twice a day, in the morning and evening, with water and some very mild antiseptic lotion.

alxlim51
Novice

Jul 12, 2008, 6:03 AM

Post #13 of 57 (14766 views)
Shortcut

I really love seeing the photos of your 2 chow chows, so beautiful can die.Are you a chow breeder and from where you get your chow chows?

As regarding your suggestion to bathe the pup twice a week, we were asked by the vet. to lessen the bath,so as to maintain the pup natural furcoat sheen/shine and to reduce the fur shedding.At bathing the pup, the daughter and mum will blow-dry its fur. OK or not? At times, on the vet recommendations, we also used a dry shampoo powder to lessen the time between consecutive bath and reduce the doggy smell.My misses wash/mop the pup twice a day with water and some very diluted antiseptic lotion. Can ar??

Your chow chows fur shed ,mildly or heavily like my pup?What about shampoo/conditioner? And what you feed them?

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 12, 2008, 8:02 AM

Post #14 of 57 (14756 views)
Shortcut

Yes i`m a chow chow breeder but i stop breeding for this year. The cream chow u saw is just 6 months that time. A show dog lover from HongKong had bought him. I import my first chow from Russia then 2 more from state.

For me i think the best way is you use Malaseb to bath your chow first for 2 times a week make sure clean everything. The coat now is not the big problem and the most important is to clean off his skin problem. U have to make sure bloom them real dry after bath. If your misses wash/mop the pup, please make sure dry them up too. I think is better don`t use the antiseptic lotion.

I use number 1 system shampoo and no condition as chow don`t need to have condition at all. I using Pro Plan Lamb and Rice dog food.

Here is the Sir of the cream chow that i had sold.
Attachments: Junior 21th Oct 05.jpg (190 KB)

alxlim51
Novice

Jul 12, 2008, 7:26 PM

Post #15 of 57 (14736 views)
Shortcut

thanks Desdobe for your advices on my chow pup.

May I ask the Malaseb you said to bathe the chow, is it a shampoo, a medicine,or what? and where can I get it, from pharmacy, the vet. or pet shop?. If the pup shed its fur heavily, are you saying it is a skin problem? Some of my friends, dog lovers too, said it is normal and seasonal, is this true??

Are you saying the name of the shampoo you are using for your chows is called "1 system shampoo"? I don't think I can find this brand at my vet or pet shop.

Do you place your chows in an air conditioned room? Some people told me it is good for chow chows' fur and I don't mind to do so as my house is air conditioned 24/7, but the fur is dirtying the whole house and once the pup steps on my carpet, he thought he is on the newspaper and starts to pee on my carpet. It is very exasperating and frustrating sometime

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 13, 2008, 2:16 AM

Post #16 of 57 (14724 views)
Shortcut

U can get Malaseb at vet and some good pet shop. If u got any of yr chow new photo please send so i can see if is skin problem or....? The shampoo 1 system u can get at SS2 Pet Shop PJ. So sorry i do not know where u located.

All my chow staying inside air con room. They have the right time to go out to pee and play around.

kaxen
Novice

Jul 15, 2008, 5:36 PM

Post #17 of 57 (14683 views)
Shortcut

anymore chow chow owner here? look like it just 2 of us. If have more maybe we can have a chow chow gathering. hehe.

Samuelheng
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 2:32 AM

Post #18 of 57 (14654 views)
Shortcut

I have a chow chow....called Yogi....his temperament very nice...my golden retriever and i always like to play fool on him....but he never angry with us...hahaha....going to 3 years old in september....

i dont have any photo of him yet, next time will post up....nice too meet you all!!!

Samuelheng
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 2:38 AM

Post #19 of 57 (14653 views)
Shortcut

desdobe, happy to know you here.your chows very cute and nice.

are you showing your chows in dog show?how many chows your are possess now?

where is your location

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 8:04 AM

Post #20 of 57 (14645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Samuelheng] chow chow gang [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. I had stop showing any chow for 2 years. I just keeping 8 chows now and i local at K.L

Samuelheng
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 9:05 AM

Post #21 of 57 (14638 views)
Shortcut

IC!!You still breed your chows?

8 chows....i cant imagine how you take care of them....hehe....

is it possible to visit your chows?

kaxen
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 5:55 PM

Post #22 of 57 (14629 views)
Shortcut

wow 8 chow chow. i just wonder how much time u spend on them...

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 7:33 PM

Post #23 of 57 (14623 views)
Shortcut

I not sure i gonna bree dmy show chow this year but if oversea people too much waiting list so i have to do that.

If u bath them and give them the right food, i don`t think is any problem to just take care 8 chows. I don`t have any problem with my dogs. I bath, groom and trim their coat all by myself.

My wife busy with all the chow for a wholedays so i can`t arrange any freind come to just visit my dogs. So sorry.

Samuelheng
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #24 of 57 (14615 views)
Shortcut

I understand, thanks.

May i know do you sell your puppies to malaysian?how much is it cost?show puppy?

how can i contact u?

thanks!!

(This post was edited by Samuelheng on Jul 16, 2008, 10:39 PM)

Desdobe
Novice

Jul 16, 2008, 10:55 PM

Post #25 of 57 (14609 views)
Shortcut

Yes i do sell puppies to Malaysia. The price is depends on show quality or pet. U can call me at my hp 012-3038883

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my