My Shih Tzu Pee&Poo issue

eddie_had
Novice

Jul 4, 2008, 12:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3926 views)
Shortcut
My Shih Tzu Pee&Poo issue Can't Post

Hi,

My Shih Tzu just adopted & stay in my house 4 days ago.
He is 1 years and 3 months old, according to his previous master. She told me that this dog will pee in the toilet whenever he's there.

But the matter change when he came to my house, maybe new enviroment. We have try to force him to pee in toilet, but he refuse and wanna go out Unimpressed. After that, he not dare to get nearby the toliet or even halfway.

Yesterday and a day before, he pee in my house. He get cane by me very very seriously. Until he hide under the sofa, i'm not mean to cane him but I have too.
I told him not to shhshh there anymore, if still like that I will whack you.

He really afraid of me and very very quiet thru the nite and sat on the cage.

I really need all your advice on this issue, in which I really don't want to cane him.

diepretty
Novice

Jul 4, 2008, 10:37 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eddie_had] My Shih Tzu Pee&Poo issue [In reply to] Can't Post

you cannot expect your dog to know where to pee and poo after four days. the sudden change in environment is too sudden for him to know the right place to do so. you adopted a dog, not a programmable robot. give him some time and he will soon learn where is the place to pee and poo.

i take my dog out every morning and evening to poo. when i was training her to pee, i looked out for circling actions - which is what she does just before she needs to pee. once i see that, i take her out (or any place you desire her to pee). hitting them hard will not help and in fact, affects him psychologically as he may see you as a torturer and affect your long term relationship with him.

look around in this forum - there are many tips and also ways you can train your dog to pee and poo.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 4, 2008, 4:39 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3900 views)
Shortcut

How do you expect your new dog to know where the toilet is in this new environment. Dogs dun talk or understand human language unless you teach them to. When you have a baby and he pee in his pants do you cane him? I think you should be reading up on how to do toilet training for dogs. Or I would suggest you to subscribe to this newsletter www. dogs world .net for articles on toilet training. No spaces in the website..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

alicewpy
Novice

Jul 9, 2008, 3:26 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3773 views)
Shortcut

Do have lots of patience with your shih tzu. I adopted a dog 7 mths ago and he still pees & poo in the house occasionally eventhough I've trained him to do it outdoor during his walks twice a day. Sometimes, I overslept or did not bring him out for his walk on time, then he gives me surprise. I would not discipline him unless I caught him red-handed marking areas in my house.

It's been a few days only.... your dog need more time to settle in new environment. Continue to reinforce toilet training for your dog.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my