arf!

Gnuth
New User

Jun 12, 2003, 12:59 PM

Post #1 of 4 (592 views)
Shortcut
arf! Can't Post

Hi,

my puppy is 7 months old, and she started to bark at people a couple of months ago...

she did not use to do that - but now - barkkkkkk away as a stranger gets in her sight.

in addition - I did not manage to teach her to go outside yet - she will pee in the house sometimes right after I bring her home - I tried waiting long times outsides and such - none worked - she does pee on news papers if I lay them....

any advice?

(This post was edited by Gnuth on Jun 12, 2003, 1:07 PM)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 12, 2003, 5:34 PM

Post #2 of 4 (583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gnuth] arf! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

Nice meeting you and welcome to the forum. I own a silky terrier and maybe we have the same case. Jaz is very protective and would bark at any dog or stranger that comes around. What I can suggest you to do is to bring her out more often, and for your dog to socialize with other dogs and ppl. One good way is maybe you can join in the Sunday obedient training near you. It's a good place to train your dog and to mix around.

Jaz too doesn't pee or poo whenever she goes out. She only does her business at home. They are simply paper train and at times, they are not use to the environment outside or nervouse... so if that's the case, it's best not to take her out for long hours... until she has gotten use to the outside environment. Take it slow....

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jun 13, 2003, 7:15 PM

Post #3 of 4 (560 views)
Shortcut

Your dog bark is b'cos he's very protective. If you socialize him more, he won't continue barking like what he's doing now...

And bout the peeing, he's already paper train. If you want to train him to pee outside, first, tell him ... talk to him and tell him you want him to pee outside and when he does it, compliment him. Then he'll know what you want...

Hope it works...

Regards,
Swee Eng

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jun 21, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #4 of 4 (540 views)
Shortcut

it's funny but my dog barks at beggars..he hates the smell guar...dunno why..

but as for your problem, bring him out more..get him to socialize...it shud be okay later on...dun worry..

take care
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my