IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Bone too hard?

Scotch

Jun 16, 2008, 5:21 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1814 views)
Shortcut
Bone too hard? Can't Post

I recently bought a bone for Scotch to chew on. Not the bone from the market, but the beef rawhide that is sold almost everywhere. I gave him to chew and my sister noticed something red on the bone. I took it away and saw that it was blood. Opened his mouth and saw,at the side, near the teeth, it was bleeding a bit. I threw the bone away. He's all better now, but I have to know, is the bone too hard for him? Or is it some other problem? I gave him a white knot for him to chew on before and nothing happened.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 19, 2008, 7:22 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scotch] Bone too hard? [In reply to] Can't Post

dogs will chew vigorously until the gums bleed, it should be ok, not to worry, just stop the chewing.

d raw hide thing, u notice it has side/corners which is very hard.. so it will hurt the gums.

u take note of how dogs gnaw at the bones n' chews, they use the side of the molars and it will scrape the teeth all the way up to the gums...

chews like greenies are much softer...

those raw hide are mostly chemical treated they say, so... even greenies ppl say not safe,,, so.....

best bet, get pig femur bone frm the market, those u can use it to club ppl.. Laugh

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

(This post was edited by supermutts on Jun 19, 2008, 7:24 AM)

Scotch

Jun 20, 2008, 5:30 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Bone too hard? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah..haha. The bone will definitely make a good club.Smile But what about those big bones who can get from the market? will it cause any bleeding of the gums?

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 21, 2008, 4:41 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scotch] Bone too hard? [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, it will, when the dog chew n' gnaw for quite some time.
so u will have to stop the chewing say after 15 mins, depends on how hard the dog is doing it.

there's this dehydrated treat products, last time there were many stock, but low market demand makes it very less now... almost non-existence...

i find it very good, its not cooked, natural, smells damn good, product of new zealand.

u can see the diff of the 2 website, the jap one, so nicely done, cos for the jap all barang hv to be made n packed nice nice...

http://www.treat4dogs.com/...og/index.php?cPath=8

http://www.love-treat.com/index.html

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my