Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Pls advice on my shih tzu issues thanks

babysan
New User

Jun 8, 2008, 11:11 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2564 views)
Shortcut
Pls advice on my shih tzu issues thanks Can't Post

I need some advice... My shih tzu keeps licking his paws... Nvm that but his paws will get swollen and there'll be a lump filled with blood waiting to burst anytime... Its always been this way... The moment I noticed that he's allergic to meat the same thing happens.

Now he's on a strict diet from the doctor but still the same thing happens but not so often anymore... He chews his paws sometimes but the doctor can't diagnose the problem to this...

I thought it was just an allergic issue but now it seems like its a freakin' bad habit or an infection??

I tried putting the cone on him but amazingly my dog learns things fast, he can escape the cone-head and put it back on like normal the moment he see's me... But the differences is his paws had a before and after condition which is swollen, redness & the blood can burst anytime after putting the cone on him...

Is this common? The doctor said he treated lotsa dogs but after wearing the cone-head & feeling the pain once the swollen area burst, that particular dog will eventually learn not to bite their paws... EXCEPT for my dog... He seems to be so used to hurting his own paws and he doesn't feel a thing... My dog has a huge ego too... Not forgetting attitude... What can I do?

I need some advice... Pls, thank you so much...Smile

jolynn
Novice

Aug 4, 2008, 8:27 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babysan] Pls advice on my shih tzu issues thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there... my little one is doing tat too.. according to my fren, they may be doing it out of boredom, which slowly becomes a habit! or, the house may be dusty, tats y they are licking their paw...
Normally, what i'll do is i'll scold my dog for licking his paw. Now he knows it is wrong to lick it, but he will still try to lick his paw whenever i'm looking.. but i guess we have to really keep an eye on our shih tzus...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my