Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
JB Dog Lover

jerrylim
Novice

May 30, 2008, 8:13 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2343 views)
Shortcut
JB Dog Lover Can't Post

My name is Jerry and I am from Johor Bahru. I have been reading this forum for some time and am happy to see so many dog lovers out there who really care. I thought I was doing a lot to home some dogs that have been dumped but compared to what you guys have been doing I am nothing Blush

By the way, I have 6 dogs in my house! Yes and everyone has a story. I only stay in a double-storey linked house so I make sure they have enough exercise by walking them twice a day. I believe some of you may say that it's overcrowding but believe me, they are much better off with me then where they came from!

My association with dogs started 15 years ago when my mother picked up a mongrel from the streets. We named her BROWNIE and she is still with us up to today. She is very old and now has problem with her hind legs but nevertheless still healthy.

MOPHEAD is a 7 year old Shih Tzu picked up from the streets in Singapore. When he was found he only had hair on his head which explains his name. Now he is the darling of the house and has the privilege of sleeping with us in our room!

BOBO is a Shih Tzu mixed picked up from the streets near my home while I was walking MOPHEAD one morning about a year ago. He was in quite a terrible state then, now he is a happy and naughty little guy that waits for me to walk him everyday.

WINNIE is a English Cocker Spaniel left behind by a neighbor when they moved to KL. I sent her for spaying the moment I got her as the rest of my dogs are male!

JOY is a 7 year old Golden Labrador. He was sold as a Golden Retriever when he was a puppy but the owner discarded him when he saw that he was not a pure breed. I adopted him 3 years ago from a vet I know.

The latest addition is BEN, a Black Labrador Retriever, my son picked up on his way back from school just before Chinese New Year, nobody has claimed him up to now so I guess he must have ran away from home and wandered to this area.

I am currently trying to 'save' a Golden Retriever from their owners.
A mini-mart 'uncle' told me his son-in-law has 2 GR for sale so I went over to see with no intention of buying. I had the shock of my life when I saw the GR. Tied to a 2 feet leash with plain rice as food,
he is one of the skinniest dog I have ever seen. Judging from its size and features he is a pure bred but his condition is even worse-off then the strays on the streets. The owner knows that I am a dog lover and is asking for RM1200 which I think is extortion! I am currently negotiating with the owner not because I need another dog but if I don't buy him out, he is going to die of starvation.

I am very angry with the owner but am not able to offend him as he is the owner and I am keeping my cool for the GR's life sake.

Ooooh, my introduction has become a long story. Sorry and thanks for reading.

Jerry

CoolCool

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2008, 11:02 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jerrylim] JB Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Jerry, it's very nice reading abt how u found ur dogs... Smile great job in saving them...

abt the 2 grs for sale, i think u could report them for animal abuse n neglect if the dogs are visibly very skinny... is the an spca in johor? or u could call the johor animal welfare dept... keep us posted ya...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

jerrylim
Novice

May 30, 2008, 11:19 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] JB Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't even heard of a Johor SPCA but I think reporting them would put me into trouble as the owner's family runs a mini-mart near my house and he knows where I stay. The guy is a 4D runner so better not be to hard on him. He isn't the type you can meddle with.

The male GR is very very skinny because he refuses to eat plain rice. The female GR is much better but they are both chained to the fence all day. They were purchased to breed. I am trying to buy out the male GR first as I think it's quite critical but I cannot afford RM1200.

UnsureUnsureUnsure

hammy
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2008, 8:27 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2223 views)
Shortcut

im not tryin to be rude k... dont u tink dat by paying them 1200 they might get a new GR to breed?????? o mayb diff breed tis time... jus my 2 cent

jerrylim
Novice

Jun 3, 2008, 9:08 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] JB Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I know but he owns the dog and he sets the price - he was also very rude when I asked him why his dog is so thin - he said he lets him eat 'good food' - plain white rice with a spoon of condensed milk! My thoughts are just on saving the poor GR that's all. Looking at the current condition, I don't think he will be able to sell to anybody that's for sure. I can only pray that he doesn't die of hunger.
I have made my final offer, something that I can afford and he doesn't look very keen. At least I know that I have done my best.

sleeping beauty
Novice

Jun 15, 2008, 9:49 PM

Post #6 of 10 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jerry, I'm also from JB. May I know where is the mini mart located?
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

jerrylim
Novice

Jun 18, 2008, 8:30 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleeping beauty] JB Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

The mini-mart is in Permas Jaya but the dog is in Taman Sri Skudai their residence. They have decided not to sell the dog - not very sure why. Are you interested in buying?

dr_chongbreeder
Novice

Sep 19, 2008, 10:43 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1614 views)
Shortcut

Im just started selling puppies with FREE veterinary service 24 / 7 ,,what do you think? im a vet..my webbie is petmalaysia.com

james70
Novice

Jan 31, 2010, 3:04 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dr_chongbreeder] JB Dog Lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone care to intro a good Vet in JB area. Pls give me the actual address also.
Thank

ACC
K9 Servant

Jan 31, 2010, 4:11 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1077 views)
Shortcut

A very noble thing you and your family does. Keep up your good works.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my