Hey there.

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 15, 2008, 12:07 AM

Post #1 of 18 (1915 views)
Shortcut
Hey there. Can't Post

Hello everyone,

I'm Sonia. I'm new here. I'm 21 this year and i have been keeping dogs my entire life. I am an only child so i grew up with animals. Parents were always very busy. So the only companions i had were my dogs. I've had two German Shepherds, a Shih Tzu and a Rottweiler in the past. Three of them died of old age and we lost another one to liver failure. All very beautiful companions.

About three months ago, my boyfriend and i bought one of the most majestic breeds, a Siberian Husky. We have been wanting to keep a dog for a very long time but we could not decide on which breed. So we went on with our research and decided on a Sibe. It is true when they say this breed is not for everyone. We were having a pretty hard time with our baby Demon in the beginning, but now i cant imagine life without him. He is one of the most loving dogs. Very mischiveous yet affectionate. I also have a kitty cat which i adopted from Pet Epicure. She's a beautiful tabby that goes by the name of Melrose.

I'm thinking of adding another doggie to my fur family. But i havent decided on which breed. Maybe you guys can help me out?

Thank you so much.

Have a great day ahead!

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

May 15, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #2 of 18 (1882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bunny wabbit] Hey there. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sonia,

Welcome to the forum! A Siberian Husky is one of my favourite dog breed. Never had a chance to own one yet. What kind of "hard time" did you experienced owning one? Would love to know more of this breed from an owner than reading from a book/net.

And if you're looking for another dog, I personally would suggest that you get a Poodle (any size). They are really smart and great companions! I know most ppl think poodles are just show dogs and very feminine and all that. I initially had to get past that stereotype too.

After having one myself, I can't imagine living without her.

Cheers!

hammy
Enthusiast

May 16, 2008, 9:42 AM

Post #3 of 18 (1854 views)
Shortcut

hey.. welcome babe!!!

dont rush into decision... study the breed properly b4 getting one.. there's lotsa dog for adoption in adoption thread tho.. good luck in ur finding!!!

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 16, 2008, 10:04 AM

Post #4 of 18 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sonic Theory] Hey there. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there Sonic Theory!

Thanks for such a warm welcome.

Huskies are gorgeous companions! My baby Demon was a handful in the beginning. Sibes are well known for being stubborn. We had to be very stern with him or he would not listen. He had a mild habit of furniture biting and digging. He was also quite destructive in the beginning. If we left the house for a while to grab food or get groceries, we would come back to a house filled with bitten toilet rolls and newspaper. Hehe. But now he has mellowed down a lot. He's growing up to be a very well-mannered boy.

And thank you for the advice on the Poodle. Will do my part with research and make a decision. Have a great day! Thanks again.

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 16, 2008, 10:10 AM

Post #5 of 18 (1850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] Hey there. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there hammy,

Thanks for the welcome.

I would love to adopt a doggy. I'm looking for a small breed. I dont have a specific breed and age doesn't matter at all. We're moving to a bigger house in less than a month and we'll have ample space there for our fur family. And that's also one of the reasons why we're deciding on another addition to our family!

Thanks a bunch! Have a great day ahead.

hammy
Enthusiast

May 16, 2008, 11:05 AM

Post #6 of 18 (1845 views)
Shortcut

ermmm.. r u urgently looking for a dog? i got a small breed wit me curently, do u mind if i pay a visit to ur hse?

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

May 16, 2008, 7:06 PM

Post #7 of 18 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha! Sounds like my Hazel. But after a lot of supervision and obedience training, she's a better dog now.

Is it true that you have to keep your Husky in an air-conditioned room? That's what I hear about keeping them cool all the time.

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 17, 2008, 10:29 AM

Post #8 of 18 (1801 views)
Shortcut

Hello hammy,

I'm not urgently looking for a doggy because at the moment, the house i'm staying in wont be able to accomodate another furry member as i already have two babies. But in a month's time, i'll be moving to a bigger house where another addition to our family would be great! They'll have a lot of space to play and do their everyday thing!

And in that time, if fate brings me another fur baby, i would be more than happy to keep her!

I was actually very interested in a Jack Russell Terrier which was put up for adoption here. She caught my eye the first time i saw her. Very special little girl. But i found out that she has already been adopted. I hope she will be happy with her new owner. God bless her.

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 17, 2008, 10:46 AM

Post #9 of 18 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Hey there Sonic Theory,

Good to hear that Hazel is a better dog now. Is that her in the display picture? If it is, she is absolutely gorgeous!

About keeping Huskies in air-conditioned rooms. They are very adaptable dogs. It is not necessary that you have air conditioning if you own a Husky. But if the weather is unbearable, and our Malaysian climate on some days are very very hot, then the air conditioning would come in handy for the Husky. My baby Demon likes dipping in water once in a while to cool off. But it is very important to dry them off as quick as you can. In certain parts of my house where we do not have air conditioning, we keep fans especially for Demon in case of the weather getting too hot.

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 17, 2008, 10:58 AM

Post #10 of 18 (1798 views)
Shortcut

Oh! And hammy, you can definitely come visit.

Maybe we can talk things over on MSN.

sonia_jd@h.o.t.m.a.i.l.com

Sonic Theory
Dog Kichi

May 20, 2008, 7:01 PM

Post #11 of 18 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Hi bunny wabbit,

Yes, my display pic is Hazel. Don't let her looks fools you. She's quite a rascal at times.

I too keep the fan on for her during hot seasons like this. During the weekends, she's luckier cos since I'm at home the air-con is on as well.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 22, 2008, 7:24 PM

Post #12 of 18 (1646 views)
Shortcut

Ooo.. which JRT? I do have a few small breeds with me also will post them up next week.. Let me know if you are interested in any of them..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 23, 2008, 7:40 PM

Post #13 of 18 (1600 views)
Shortcut

hi there.

i know a friend's huskie who nearly chew down their entire house.

could never imagine what my family member will do to him, if he happen to be my dog.

maybe the next day he ended up on the dining table. Cool

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 26, 2008, 9:59 AM

Post #14 of 18 (1553 views)
Shortcut

Hello Sonic Theory!

A little rascal huh? Hehe. She's definitely one adorable dog. A lucky one too.

It's really nice to know that a lot of people here keep their doggies as their number 1 priority!

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 26, 2008, 10:14 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Hey there. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there acsyen.

Yuki, the JRT that i was very interested in was put up for adoption by you actually. A very special little girl.

I will check out the adoption thread and let you if i am interested in any doggies there. Thanks acsyen!

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 26, 2008, 10:26 AM

Post #16 of 18 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Hey there. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Amanda85!

Nearly chewed down the entire house huh? Hehe. Huskies are quite destructive whenever they are bored or if left alone. Even my baby Demon is quite a brat! He used to bite and chew on anything and everything, even metal bars! He has mellowed down a lot compared to before though.

Oh by the way, your Pacco is one handsome doggie!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

May 26, 2008, 3:27 PM

Post #17 of 18 (1534 views)
Shortcut

Yuki has been renamed to Lucky and she is very cheeky now in new owner's house. I will have some JRT soon for adoption if you are keen you can email me at acs_yen@h.o.t.m.a.i.l.c.o.m and we can discuss it there.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

bunny wabbit
Novice

May 27, 2008, 1:31 PM

Post #18 of 18 (1506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Hey there. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad she's in a good home. God bless her.

And thanks a lot acsyen. Will email you as soon. Take care!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my