Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Help! My dog bites everything and anyone.

CutieJC
Novice

May 7, 2008, 5:44 AM

Post #1 of 4 (4624 views)
Shortcut
Help! My dog bites everything and anyone. Can't Post

My 6 months old miniature poodle is extremely naughty. He not only likes to bite things, he also likes to bite me and my parents especially when we were walking, he will aimed at our calf. Why is he like that? How and when can he be settled down?Frown
Frown

daniellechua02
Novice

May 16, 2008, 8:49 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CutieJC] Help! My dog bites everything and anyone. [In reply to] Can't Post

Puppies are bitting because they are teething.

By four to six months puppies should stop teething. Since your pup already 6months old the teething period should be over. But teething period for puppy might be vary and it depends on the puppy as some will move at a different rate.

But mostly, between four to six months, puppy should have his permanate teeth.

In your case since your pup is six months, and still loves bitting around? Apparently this is because puppy who stay with human need to be trained in order to stop them from bitting around.

Dog socialization will help with bitting problems. As when they are playing with their mates they can communicate, interact and they will control and inhibit bitting. This happened naturally.

I would recommend you to starting dog training to prevent the situation become worse.

First, whenever you puppy bite you, you need to inform him let him know you are suffering. When he bites you, try to yield or making noise showing you are in pain. He will get shock and stop bitting immediately by looking at you innocently. Leave him alone for few seconds. The worse thing for puppies will be staying alone without companion. So they will realize, you don’t like them to do that. Remember to keep this action consistent and persistent when training your puppies.

Tips do not leave shoes or socks for your puppies to chew as this might develop misunderstanding for your puppies when they saw shoes or socks they will just bite it. If you are having a bitting maniac dog they might want to try with this method. Putting a nylon bone in the freezer and whenever he start bitting, give him the bone as the cold bone would numb his teeth a little and of course the chewing eases the pain too.

Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com
Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com

Love and Understand your dog, pinurl.com/loveyourdog

CutieJC
Novice

May 18, 2008, 9:09 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniellechua02] Help! My dog bites everything and anyone. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much... now I knew more about why he bites... I'll try to train him and will get to you if I have any doubt ya.. Wink
Frown

daniellechua02
Novice

May 18, 2008, 11:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CutieJC] Help! My dog bites everything and anyone. [In reply to] Can't Post

Waiting for your good news ya!
Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com

Love and Understand your dog, pinurl.com/loveyourdog

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my