Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Dog License

yurble
New User

May 5, 2008, 5:25 PM

Post #1 of 20 (8858 views)
Shortcut
Dog License Can't Post

Does anyone know whereabouts i can get a dog license in Kuala Lumpur? Is is from DBKL? Went to DBKL portal but cannot get any information form there.

(This post was edited by yurble on May 5, 2008, 5:35 PM)

bakamono
Enthusiast

May 6, 2008, 4:11 PM

Post #2 of 20 (8773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yurble] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

Got mine at DBKL wz flw address :

Pusat Kurungan Haiwan, Jabatan Kesihatan, Dewan Bandaraya KL, Jln.Air Jernih, Air Panas, Setpak, KL ( Tel : 03-4021 1682 ). U only need to provide yr IC, address, breed of dog, microhip no.(if any), DOB of dog and Rm10 per dog. Fill up a form at the counter n they'll gv u the license immediately with no hassle. Eventho they do not need it, just on the safe side bring along the health/vaccination booklet from your vet. Staff there be it Malay or Indian are very friendly as hv gotten mine there the first time n revewed again this year.

yurble
New User

May 6, 2008, 4:34 PM

Post #3 of 20 (8764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakamono] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. Most probably going there this week.

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 6, 2008, 11:58 PM

Post #4 of 20 (8658 views)
Shortcut

My dear. My new address is Bandar Sri Damansara 55200 Kuala lumpur. But was told it's uder MPSJ jurisdication.Where can I check? Got to re-apply license. Now wearing MBPJ tag...

bakamono
Enthusiast

May 7, 2008, 12:06 AM

Post #5 of 20 (8649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

since yr kids r kept indoors and it's almost hlf a year gone, suggest u keep the license now until the nxt renewal. If kena INVESTIGATED, just cook up some story like they came visiting at yr place n going home soon. Soly I don't know anywhere outside of KL leh. Maybe u can try to call DBKL no. given earlier n see if they can direct u.

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 12:36 AM

Post #6 of 20 (8635 views)
Shortcut

Call the no. Confirm ! Bandar Sri Damansara is under MPSJ. Aiyoo...was told MPSJ veli veli mar fan for dog license application....wait till next year lah...

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 7, 2008, 12:51 AM

Post #7 of 20 (8628 views)
Shortcut

Really? I thot BSD is under MBPJ, no? Coz the quit rent and assessment is paid to MBPJ. How come pay assessment and quit rent to MBPJ but dog license thru MPSJ??

Strange town councils...
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 12:56 AM

Post #8 of 20 (8622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mum2jude] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

ah??? now, m sooo confuse...that was what the clerk from DBKL told me. Address under KL, but under MPSJ jurisdiction...hmm..neva mind...2morrow, I call MBPJ pulak.....

Kalu license MBPJ..i think not so, mar fan lah....just pay RM 20 only...kautim...

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 1:01 AM

Post #9 of 20 (8617 views)
Shortcut

dun worry, getting a dog license from MPSJ is easy also... MBSA is the ma farn one... Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 7, 2008, 1:05 AM

Post #10 of 20 (8613 views)
Shortcut

Yeah laa... MBPJ not so bad. Not as easy as last time but not too bad. I just got for my girls recently. I got 3 tags, the nice lady at the counter said my 13yo no need laa... so old already and doesnt go out.

Must buy form from them, RM2/form and one form for 2 dogs only so I had to use 2 forms. Then fill form and u need to bring a coloured photo of your dog (full body), a copy of the vaccination card showing up-to-date vaccinations and RM10/dog. For the photo, I just printed with colour printer.

First time I went, I gave them a passport size smiling pix of my dog, NOT acceptable... hahaha even tho I pointed out dog is smiling, can see ears in the pix (like passport photo)... hahaha
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 1:12 AM

Post #11 of 20 (8605 views)
Shortcut

then MPSJ is definitely easier... no need photos, dun think need to buy form also...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 7, 2008, 1:21 AM

Post #12 of 20 (8601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney, myzanordin] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, in that case MBSJ easier but what are the chances of paying assessment to one town council and getting dog license from another...? MBPJ would be easier for Myza.. closer to her office... haa haa

Myza, one thing to note, dun bother to go at 8am even tho they open the counters officially at 8am. I went at 8am and sat there in empty hall with the kuih man for company for 10 mins... good if you want to breakfast there, tho. Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 3:46 PM

Post #13 of 20 (8452 views)
Shortcut

I will call MBPJ later to check on the right venue for application of my dog license. If MBPJ easier jugak, cos, we have a record aleri-just need to change address from Sek 14 to BSD and add Pluto's name..btw, can ke? Terrace house only 1,300 square feet can have 3 dogs ke? Currently, have records for 2 dogs, different address.

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 3:47 PM

Post #14 of 20 (8451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

MBSJ office near Subang Parade kan?

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 7, 2008, 4:30 PM

Post #15 of 20 (8442 views)
Shortcut

Tell them two of your dogs are very very tiny... two of them less than the size of a medium dog... haha... hope they buy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 4:47 PM

Post #16 of 20 (8435 views)
Shortcut

yeah...good idea. Will try that..... Btw, i have called MBPJ and they confirmed that BSD is under MBPJ. So, i shall just go and change my address.

The lady, told me that per-household irregardless of the size, allowed max. 2 dogs. Nevertheless, it depends on the girl at the counter..So, u bodek bodek lah sikit......the no. for d Dept is 7960 4667.

The clerk there nice ppl...they are also very ok...knowing that I am a malai mui with dogs..

(This post was edited by myzanordin on May 7, 2008, 4:56 PM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 8:11 PM

Post #17 of 20 (8389 views)
Shortcut

MPSJ is opposite Shell n Petronas in USJ6... near HSBC in taipan... but guess u're going to MBPJ now... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

mum2jude
Enthusiast

May 7, 2008, 8:44 PM

Post #18 of 20 (8376 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, the lady at the counter told me... if I ask her, she will tell me that per household is two dogs only but I can just apply for 3-4 laa...

I think if the MBPJ ppl just see ur dogs have MBPJ tags, they wont actually go close to check the number belongs to which house.
~~~~~~~~~~~
mum2jude
Chewy
Daisy
Ell
Fluffy

myzanordin
ALPHA

May 7, 2008, 9:46 PM

Post #19 of 20 (8362 views)
Shortcut

He he ...in that case ....can using 2 addresses then...Tongue2 for sec 14 and 1 for BSD...yahoo...no hassle!!! Use 2 owner name also lah.....

Dcom
Novice

May 10, 2008, 9:27 PM

Post #20 of 20 (7758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Dog License [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a Puncak Jalil address and would like to apply for a dog license with that address. Can anyone tell me which Majlis Perbandaran can I go to? Thanks so much.

Visit Santa's blog at http://www.santa-ms.blogspot.com

(This post was edited by Dcom on May 10, 2008, 9:29 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my